PDA

View Full Version : Fuente Work of Art Maduro

Commander Quan
01-28-2009, 12:35 PM
This cigar was purchased last year around Christmas time. It's been kept in my desktop at with 65% beads, although with the dry air of winter the % may be slightly less. I'll be typing out my thoughts as I smoke.

The wrapper was a little rough looking, and very toothy. It was very oily so much that it has a sheen to it in the light.

After clipping, the prelight draw was extremely easy, there was very little resistance.

Lighting a Hemingway is always neat. Putting flame to the small tip and watching it spread out over the entire foot.

The easy draw provides HUGE puffs of smoke on each draw. The burn starts out uneven around the food but evens out very well after the first inch.

The initial flavors are coffee, and leather.

After the first 1/3 I'm noticing more spice than at the beginning. The ash still hasn't fallen off. With the draw being so easy I am almost taking sips and getting lots of smoke.

The ash finally fell off half way through the cigar. The flavors haven't really changed much although I taste the leather more, and it is getting stronger.

2/3rds of the way through the flavor is pretty much all leather. with perhaps some earthy notes. The cigar is burning like a champ. I'm doing some work on the PC so letting it go for 1-2 minutes between puffs and there is no indication that it's going out at all. The second ash just fell off.

I smoked this all the way down to the nub. Pretty consistent flavor all the way through. And an excellent burn to the end.

I forget what I paid for this cigar, but it was probably in the $6-$7 dollar range at my B&M. If this cigar was available year round I don't think it would be something I would pick up regularly, it just wasn't that exciting, but since they only come out around Christmas I pick up 1 or 2 just to have them. Overall I liked this cigar, it just really wasn't as special as I would have liked for a seasonal release.

ucla695
01-28-2009, 12:46 PM
I enjoy these cigars and wish they were regular production items. They’re good, but I agree that they fall a little short for a limited release. I refuse to pay a premium for them, which is hard living in CA. Anyway, thanks for the review.

PaleRider
01-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Great review, thank you for sharing it with us!:ss

BlackIrish
01-28-2009, 02:35 PM
Nice review. Thanks!

RJK18
01-28-2009, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the review. These are on my to try list

Buckeye Jack
01-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Still my favorite NC! Delicious little cigar!!

omowasu
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
I have a couple WOAMs in the humis now - I agree, when I first smoked one, it was good but underwhelming... I can get leather and coffee flavors out of many other cigars that are more available and cheaper. I had detected traces of more varied flavors, like raisin and sweet, but not in a noticeable quantity.

Figured I would rest the last two for a while and see what happens...

floydpink
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM
Still my favorite NC! Delicious little cigar!!

thank goodness I'm not alone. For me, these are one of the best NC and right up there with my alltime favorites.

I can never get them less than 8 bucks a stick when I'm lucky

Killjoy
01-30-2009, 11:13 AM
a few years back I got my hand on a five of these..I would agree with the inital reception. I really wish these were easier to get ahold of. Mayhaps my next trip to Casa Fuente will be a pleasent one.

barbourjay
01-30-2009, 11:17 AM
a few years back I got my hand on a five of these..I would agree with the inital reception. I really wish these were easier to get ahold of. Mayhaps my next trip to Casa Fuente will be a pleasent one.

call holts, they take phone orders for these (no online sales) and will also do a backorder for you. should be MSRP plus a few bucks for shipping.

Killjoy
01-30-2009, 11:25 AM
Good idea...I also love you avatar picture..big my name is Nobody fan

Commander Quan
01-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Tampa Sweethearts may also have some for you.

barbourjay
01-30-2009, 12:24 PM
Tampa Sweethearts may also have some for you.

they limit to four at a time though. as i said before holts will back order an entire box for you for MSRP. tampa sweethearts is good for me though as i'm local and can just buy my limits while i'm close.