PDA

View Full Version : Garage Band

Blueface
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Anyone good with it?
I figured out how to import a song from iTunes into it.
Trying to figure out how to cut the song for the portion I want.
I know how to send it back to iTunes after that but am missing that critical middle, ever so important part on the editing.

AD720
01-28-2009, 09:55 AM
Not in front of my Mac right now and I don't remember the exact steps.

If you want to email me the song and let me know what section you need I would be glad to make the edit for you and email it back. PM me.

Blueface
01-28-2009, 09:58 AM
Not in front of my Mac right now and I don't remember the exact steps.

If you want to email me the song and let me know what section you need I would be glad to make the edit for you and email it back. PM me.

I truly appreciate it and in no way don't want to sound that I don't but I truly want to learn to fish so I can fish again some day.:D

Would be great if you and when you have a chance, post the steps in case anyone else is also interested.

Thanks in advance.

AD720
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
I truly appreciate it and in no way don't want to sound that I don't but I truly want to learn to fish so I can fish again some day.:D

Would be great if you and when you have a chance, post the steps in case anyone else is also interested.

Thanks in advance.

Understood. :)

I'll post up about this later tongiht when I get home from work.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM

Thanks in advance.

must be ghey music :rolleyes:

Blueface
01-28-2009, 10:03 AM
must be ghey music :rolleyes:

:fu:fu:fu:r

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
:fu:fu:fu:r

http://www.dgolds.com/photos/ALC6/images/003003DavidGAndMeAtSantaRestStop.jpg
is this the band?

AD720
01-28-2009, 05:52 PM
OK.

So you have the song in Garageband and it is showing up as a waveform on a track right.

Just drag from front to back or back to front on the waveform to leave only the part of the song that you want.

Then if you show the "Master Track" you can fade in and out by dragging the volume button up or down.

Good luck!

Blueface
01-28-2009, 06:22 PM
OK.

So you have the song in Garageband and it is showing up as a waveform on a track right.

Just drag from front to back or back to front on the waveform to leave only the part of the song that you want.

Then if you show the "Master Track" you can fade in and out by dragging the volume button up or down.

Good luck!

I was just fumbling with it before I saw your post.
Was sort of there but couldn't finish it.
I figured out how to shorten it but when I export it to iTunes, it goes as a full song and not what I edited.

AD720
01-28-2009, 06:31 PM
I was just fumbling with it before I saw your post.
Was sort of there but couldn't finish it.
I figured out how to shorten it but when I export it to iTunes, it goes as a full song and not what I edited.

Hmm. It works for me.

I imported an mp3, shortened it and then went to SHARE -> Send song to iTunes and it popped up in itunes shortened.

Did you try moving the shortened bit to the very beginning of the project?

Blueface
01-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Hmm. It works for me.

I imported an mp3, shortened it and then went to SHARE -> Send song to iTunes and it popped up in itunes shortened.

Did you try moving the shortened bit to the very beginning of the project?

That may be I'd. Will try it when I get back home. Man I love this iPhone.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 08:34 PM
That may be I'd. Will try it when I get back home. Man I love this iPhone.

you got an iphone now? great now I have to switch to ATT

Blueface
01-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Got it.
What a neat program to chop up songs for ringtones.
Tough part was figuring out once I trimmed it, to move the song to the beginning and then took me a bit to make it fit the window allowed for ringtones.
All set.
Thanks.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:02 PM
Got it.
What a neat program to chop up songs for ringtones.
Tough part was figuring out once I trimmed it, to move the song to the beginning and then took me a bit to make it fit the window allowed for ringtones.
All set.
Thanks.

free ringtones?

Blueface
01-28-2009, 10:10 PM
free ringtones?

With Garage Band, you can take any song, take the specific segment you want as your tone, and then send it back to iTunes to download to iPhone.
Neat stuff.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:12 PM
With Garage Band, you can take any song, take the specific segment you want as your tone, and then send it back to iTunes to download to iPhone.
Neat stuff.

is this for pc too, or do I need to buy an iphon and do I buy and mac, and do I buy them both at an apple store?

Blueface
01-28-2009, 10:13 PM
is this for pc too, or do I need to buy an iphon and do I buy and mac, and do I buy them both at an apple store?

No, yes, yes, No.

Much better in the Mac World.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:15 PM
No, yes, yes, No.

Much better in the Mac World.

:bh great, I wonder how much it will cost to get out of verizon

Blueface
01-28-2009, 10:16 PM
:bh great, I wonder how much it will cost to get out of verizon

Do like I did.
Wait.
Who knows, by the time your contract is up, they may have even better generations and cheaper.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:17 PM
Do like I did.
Wait.
Who knows, by the time your contract is up, they may have even better generations and cheaper.

wait broke the wagon :confused: I have over a year, wait my foot.

Blueface
01-29-2009, 06:11 AM
wait broke the wagon :confused: I have over a year, wait my foot.

Then you are going to pay Verizon some bucks.

Check out to see how much it will cost you to break the contract v. just making the phone the cheapest plan they have and just paying it until it expires.
My daughter made me do that with hers. Fortunately, she was on my family plan for only $10 per month more plus taxes, which nearly doubled the darn $10. Had to pay that thing for 6 months until it just expired.

Genetic Defect
01-30-2009, 10:00 PM
back to my question, I cant get garageband for pc?

Blueface
01-30-2009, 10:06 PM
back to my question, I cant get garageband for pc?

It is an Apple application.
I am sure there are similar programs for a PC.

Genetic Defect
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
It is an Apple application.
I am sure there are similar programs for a PC.

If you don't respond sooner I'm texting you :r I will have to look I want free ringtones

Blueface
01-30-2009, 10:07 PM
Here is some info:
http://www.thegaragedoor.com/roadcrew/garageband-for-pc.html

Tell me what song you want as a ring tone and what part of it.
Can convert it and send it to you.

Blueface
01-30-2009, 10:08 PM
Here is another one.
Google Garage Band for PC and you get lots of hits.

http://www.jakeludington.com/ask_jake/20050401_garageband_for_windows_xp.html

Seems "Mixcraft" does the same.

Genetic Defect
01-30-2009, 10:09 PM
Here is some info:
http://www.thegaragedoor.com/roadcrew/garageband-for-pc.html

Tell me what song you want as a ring tone and what part of it.
Can convert it and send it to you.

thanks for the link, I will have to think of the song(s) I can asign a different one to each contact right?

Blueface
01-30-2009, 10:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ocwuiV4QJs

Genetic Defect
01-30-2009, 10:15 PM
:hm

Genetic Defect
01-30-2009, 10:30 PM
very cool :)

theonlybear4CORT
01-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Here are a few videos of my old co-workers and their garage band Voo Doo buzzard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViDMIoxAM1w&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANyvpBXeOJY&feature=channel_page

s0leful0ne
02-03-2009, 03:44 PM
there is an easier way to create ringtones (i may have missed the posting on this)

there is an option on the menu...cycle region the shortcut i believe is 'c'

select that option (or press c) and a little yellow bar will appear underneath the time "ruler"

drag it over the region desired and size it so that it encompasses the desired length of audio (not sure the exact time limit for iphone ringtones)

then you can export it directly to itunes as a ringtone

Garageband is an awesome tool, and outside of making ringtones, i've dabbled in doing some digital recording in it...if you want the PC equivalent i suggest Fruity Loops or ProTools... :)

while simple to use, it is powerful...here is a peek at my old setup :)
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a13/abuzzl23p/n2063261_47048302_1093-1.jpg

Thrak
02-03-2009, 04:53 PM
there are plenty of options to chop ringtones for pc... what phone do you have?

renton20
02-03-2009, 07:58 PM
There is a much much easier way to get free custom ring tones my friends. Check out myxertones.com (http://myxertones.com) You upload a song from your library, do any editing that you want and then it sends it to your phone in the form of a text message. For some phones it works differently than for others but for my LG shine it works great.