PDA

View Full Version : I <3 you guys!

Darrell
01-28-2009, 08:55 AM
Someone once told me that my job required me to leave all of my friends behind and not to speak to them, I can’t do that. You guys are the reason that I’m here, I’m lucky to have most of you as friends.

Seriously.

kzm007
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Awkward group hug in three, two...one! :chr

There's no true hug smiley, what gives?

taltos
01-28-2009, 08:59 AM
Darrell, I have been considering stepping up after reading Chip's post this morning. Is it impossible to go over there to help the newbies and maybe mitigate some of Jon's actions and still keep friends here?

yellowgoat
01-28-2009, 09:11 AM
that's real cool of you D.
cheers to ya!

that place is for the fishes.

Darrell
01-28-2009, 09:14 AM
Darrell, I have been considering stepping up after reading Chip's post this morning. Is it impossible to go over there to help the newbies and maybe mitigate some of Jon's actions and still keep friends here?

Unfortunately, it is impossible. If you have never taken any of my posts as fact, please take this one. If you decide to question what I’m saying and pursue the position, it was great talking with you – as you will be forbidden to come here again.

DBall

It seems tricky... how many people around are as kind as Tom (icehog) & Dave (Klugs)? Think about that, then think about helping manage a forum that could allow itself to scramble their passwords (not even having the decency to ban them outright).

Jon's actions are the polar opposite of brotherly, and that's what (in my opinion) this hobby is about.

madurolover
Hey D, sorry I couldn't warn you earlier.

BC-Axeman
01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
I must have blinked at the wrong time. Still confused. Things are happening quickly.
I'm glad you are still here Darrell.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-28-2009, 09:25 AM
Glad your here Darrell:)

croatan
01-28-2009, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately, it is impossible. If you have never taken any of my posts as fact, please take this one. If you decide to question what I’m saying and pursue the position, it was great talking with you – as you will be forbidden to come here again.

I assume you mean that Jon is forbidding his mods from here? Because we aren't going to forbid anyone from doing anything.

poker
01-28-2009, 09:26 AM

RED LIGHT!!!! STOP!!!
Please correct me if I am reading this wrong, but there will be absolutely no "forbidding" anyone here at the Asylum who just lends a helping hand at Puff.

DBall
01-28-2009, 09:29 AM
RED LIGHT!!!! STOP!!!
Please correct me if I am reading this wrong, but there will be absolutely no "forbidding" anyone here at the Asylum who just lends a helping hand at Puff.

I read it as Jon was prohibiting people who chose to be mods there from being active participants here...

madurolover
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
Kelly, I think Darrell is saying that Jon expressly forbid him to come to this site. I know he mentioned to me in a PM the other day that he was going to have to discuss this with all of the mods.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-28-2009, 09:30 AM
I read it as Jon was prohibiting people who chose to be mods there from being active participants here...

Thats how i read it

Darrell
01-28-2009, 09:32 AM
Kelly, I think Darrell is saying that Jon expressly forbid him to come to this site. I know he mentioned to me in a PM the other day that he was going to have to discuss this with all of the mods.

Donnie is correct.

Jon forbid me to come to CA and to talk to any of my friends here. He said he wanted a “hardcore” mod team with no ties to any other cigar board or it’s members.

I said **** that.

Andyman
01-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Wow! I never knew Puff was an occult dressed up in a snobby cigar site disguise. I guess I was brainwashed! :ss
Donnie is correct.

Jon forbid me to come to CA and to talk to any of my friends here. He said he wanted a “hardcore” mod team with no ties to any other cigar board or it’s members.

I said **** that.

SmokeyJoe
01-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Been quite a whirlwind for you lately, bro!

To paraphrase Henry... "you are my friend... period." :ss

Cigargal
What are you even doing over there, Big D? We need you here!

Mugen910
Someone once told me that my job required me to leave all of my friends behind and not to speak to them, I can’t do that. You guys are the reason that I’m here, I’m lucky to have most of you as friends.

Seriously.

I could do it...but I'm a jerk like that!

j/k I <3 you all

bobarian
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
An interesting 24hours to say the least. :ze

Footbag
01-28-2009, 09:49 AM
Nice to see which side you've chosen... It's very unfortunate to see that someone is requiring you to take a side when you have friend on both sites.

Blaylock
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Wow! I never knew Puff was an occult dressed up in a snobby cigar site disguise. I guess I was brainwashed! :ss

:tpd:

Darrell, glad to see you didn't compromise your personal values.

Scottw
01-28-2009, 09:50 AM
Donnie is correct.

I said **** that.

Hey buddy,

What a sh*tty position to be put in. Trying to help a guy out and then he imposes some bullsh*t rule on you. Thanks for being a true friend and BOTL, glad you are here!

poker
01-28-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks everyone for clearing that up for me. You know how us old guys get. :r

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:01 AM

unless you are Peter's age, you aren't old :r

pnoon
01-28-2009, 10:02 AM
unless you are Peter's age, you aren't old :r

:tg :bx and a very large :pn

DBall

Cranky? :r

Blueface

Seriously.

Good for you Darrell!!!
Would do the same.

Kelly,
Just wait until you start pissing in your pants instead of the bowl 'cause you simply thought you were done.
If not there yet, it is certainly on the horizon and something to look forward to.
On that note, I need to go change.:D

skeeter
01-28-2009, 10:04 AM

I guess Chip could step up and be a mod over there, since he is not registered here.

Genetic Defect
:tg :bx and a very large :pn

:r just sayin your the epitome of age around these parts :lv

taltos
Wait until you pee your pants because you were just holding your other thumb in your hand.:r:r:r

chippewastud79
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Glad to have you here Darrell, it is absolutely ridiculous that Jon could enforce or demand all mods to have no other ties. :bh

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:08 AM
Glad to have you here Darrell, it is absolutely ridiculous that Jon could enforce or demand all mods to have no other ties. :bh
actually whats ridiculous is the other mods there are so messed up in the head they are willing to let the gestapo control them like that.
it only happened to Darrell twice :r

piperman
01-28-2009, 10:09 AM

And just HOW can he do that, does he own your computer? Does he have spy over here? makes no sense to me, glad you quit even if you are mean. :confused:

floydpink
01-28-2009, 10:10 AM
My wife keeps telling me I can't get together with my poker buddies on Wednesdays anymore.

In the spirit of this thread, I am gonna tell her to pound salt.:dance:

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:10 AM
And just HOW can he do that, does he own your computer? Does he have spy over here? makes no sense to me, glad you quit even if you are mean. :confused:

I'm sure he has spies over here and even his own account.

ahc4353
01-28-2009, 10:15 AM
Good reading:

HERE (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=197462&postcount=1305)

And HERE (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showpost.php?p=197924&postcount=1317)

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Good reading:

and here (http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=7866)

Savor the Stick
Darrell glad to have you here. Very sorry you got put into a position to make that kind of decision.
You went from a "mean d" to "Big D" in my book!
Really good to have you around.
Kevin :salute: :ss

piperman
I'm sure he has spies over here and even his own account.

Well that may be true but he does not have access to the user name "real name" it would be his word against anyone else. that is BS.

Mugen910
Wait until you pee your pants because you were just holding your other thumb in your hand.:r:r:r

:r

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:19 AM
:r

my thumb is bigger

taltos
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
my thumb is biggerYou're Irish too?:r:r

GKitty
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Awww... it's group therapy time at the asylum!!

I was going to be all witty and snipe at Darrell for being all squishy and such. But he's come to expect that from me, so I won't.

It's been said before: Came for the cigars, stayed for the friendships. This is truly one of the most amazing groups of people I've encountered during my time on this planet. And while there certainly are some things you should not do, there are no rules against being different or voicing an opposing opinion.

And thank God for that, because by those standards most of us wouldn't be allowed. :D

http://www.roflcat.com/images/cats/270916538_37c1904290.jpg

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
You're Irish too?:r:r

:r:r Wow! I really need to have a "talk" with my mom

taltos
01-28-2009, 10:22 AM
Crystal, we are glad that you are here and that you visit the humble Massholes.:ss

bazookajoe
01-28-2009, 10:26 AM
I disagree with many of the things that are happening over there, and I think the crux of the problem is that Jon has little if any experience building relationships within a forum community and is dealing with the turmoil in a non-personal, corporate manner. Instead of dealing with those stirring up dissension individually he's attempting to cut off other forums and their mods in the mistaken idea that that's where the sniping is coming from. None of that will lead to anything good.

That being said, there's been an alarming amount of vitriol and poison coming at him not only from within his own site but also from members at those other forums including this one. I thought one of the tenets of this site was that there would be no bashing of the old site. I was looking forward to CA being a haven from that kind of thing, but there's almost as much of it here as over there. Maybe not as direct but the continual reporting of every little fracus there, plus CA members going over there and posting rude and inflammatory remarks and comments really doesn't speak well for this forum. With that going on why would he want members from CA acting as mods there? Not defending him, but you repeatedly poke somebody enough and they're likely to strike back, and you really can't stand back at that point and act surprised at their behavior.

Darrell, sorry for the threadjack - none of what I'm saying here applies to you. IMO you've been straightforward and fair in your comments and efforts to help. I agree with your decision not to mod under the condition of turning your back on CA. My only point here is that while I disagree with conditions of that sort, actions on the part of some members here helped goad Jon to that level, and it's having a negative impact on the atmosphere here. :2

edit: ok, I'm old and a slow typer - before I managed to hit "submit" Al posted this, which says it better... :o

Good reading:

bobarian
01-28-2009, 10:38 AM
Darrell glad to have you here. Very sorry you got put into a position to make that kind of decision.
You went from a "mean d" to "Big D" in my book!
Really good to have you around.
Kevin :salute: :ss

That's already one of his nick's but it has nothing to do with his first name!:r:r:r

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
food for thought.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
In three words, I can sum up life: it goes on
The past is a ghost, the future is a dream, and all we ever have is now

Remember life is about making the right decisions and moving on. This place is great, lets move on and make this place even better. :2:2

LasciviousXXX
01-28-2009, 10:53 AM

The Asylum:
Doing a good job here is like peeing your pants in a dark suit. You get a warm feeling but nobody really notices

:D

Smokin Gator
01-28-2009, 10:55 AM
D... Kinda strange that I PMed you yesterday... Just had a feeling something wasn't right. I am sorry to hear of the turmoil... it sucks big time. I can tell you though I am truly glad you are hear and that I can call you a friend.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I will certainly bite my tongue and move on.....

Don Fernando
01-28-2009, 11:24 AM
You made the right choise Darrell, glad to have you around.

Skywalker
01-28-2009, 11:27 AM

Seriously.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes!!!

Darrell, I'm glad you are on our side, if there are sides!!!

Ace$nyper
01-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Yea that would have been asking way too much, I mean upset with changes but unbiased to say I could see conflicting interests owning another site, but a member?

That's silly. Hearing that I know you wouldn't sell out for a different colored name on a website, you are a good person and a class act.

It's just sad to see people not running places like here is, for the members and about something we all enjoy.

Savor the Stick
01-28-2009, 12:58 PM
That's already one of his nick's but it has nothing to do with his first name!

:hm:hmWell My respect for him is based only on his integrity to his friends and Botl's.:tu:tu

doctorcue
01-28-2009, 01:47 PM
Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

I only thought this was appropriate. :r

On the realz... glad to see you chose your friends. Funk all that non-sense.

G G
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Keep your head up Darrell.:tu

Da Klugs
01-28-2009, 01:58 PM

We knew you would be fine.. just needed to wait it out.

actually whats ridiculous is the other mods there are so messed up in the head they are willing to let the gestapo control them like that.
it only happened to Darrell twice :r

You might assume their modships must represent the pinnicle of authority they will achieve in life. :r Janitor.

Genetic Defect
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM
We knew you would be fine.. just needed to wait it out.

You might assume their modships must represent the pinnicle of authority they will achieve in life. :r Janitor.

clean up in general discussion there is a dead horse :r

Col. Kurtz
01-28-2009, 02:17 PM
I only thought this was appropriate. :r

Never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

On the realz... glad to see you chose your friends. Funk all that non-sense.

"Know that mediocre bland white-boy music you've been looking for? Well listen to THIS!"

yourchoice
01-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I will certainly bite my tongue and move on.....

Just don't bite your thumb or..... :tg

BarneyBandMan
01-28-2009, 02:43 PM
clean up in general discussion there is a dead horse :r

LOL:r--yeah saw that.

Darrell, you make the good choice. Your friends are here.

DMK
01-28-2009, 02:56 PM
Crap !! sounds like he is a re-incarnation of another nazi board owner I had a run in with... I quit there to.

theonlybear4CORT
01-28-2009, 06:19 PM
I'm glad you chose to stay here my singing buddy D

Old Sailor
01-28-2009, 06:23 PM
Glad your here Big D!