PDA

View Full Version : The Eagles

Blueface
01-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Man can those 60 to 62 year olds still play.
That is my very favorite band and I try to see them every time they have gone on tour and have made it to my area.
What a great show.
The vocals are still quite impressive for that age. They even hit the high notes on Witchy Woman, which blew me away.

Got my 2009 tour T-shirt and happy as lark I headed home after the concert.
Hope it is not the last time I get to see them.

markem
01-27-2009, 11:42 AM
agreed, Carlos. My fave band of all time

croatan
01-27-2009, 11:45 AM
Seen them a few times. Always a great performance!

beamish
01-28-2009, 08:10 AM
excellent show,when I saw them they played 3 1/2 hours.

SmokeyJoe
02-24-2009, 08:27 PM
agreed, Carlos. My fave band of all time

+ 1 - I am always in the mood to listen to the Eagles. The Long Run album was my most-listened-to in High School.

Only thing is... my kids keep taking the CDs I burn, so I have to re-do them all the time. :rolleyes:

motortown
02-25-2009, 12:17 AM

While most of my memorabilia is sports-related, this is still one of my favorite autographed pieces. Besides, I always thought this was one of the coolest album covers around (back when there was a ton of really cool album art, always coming out).
Oh... and apologies for the crappy cellphone pic... I'm getting ready to hit the sack, and this was the closest "camera" within reach.. I'll try and post a better one later.

jcruse64
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
We went to see them in St. Louis when they first got back together for the "Hell Freezes Over" tour. Great show. I imagine this tour is a good one, though I bet ticket prices have gone up exponentially.

King James
02-25-2009, 07:43 PM
acoustic version of hotel california is one of my favorite songs of all time

piperman
02-25-2009, 07:50 PM
:( Never got to see them, but I do have there Farewell I Tour live from Melbourne, and it was awesome. I can play like it live here. Does Joe Walsh still tour with them?

Mugen910
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
I've never been lucky enough to see them live but I love listening to them...I think it's because I'm Vietnamese....yes it is a stereotype but it's one I resemble. :D

ChicagoWhiteSox
02-25-2009, 08:04 PM
freakn love them!:tu

Volusianator
02-25-2009, 08:19 PM
I saw them last September on my birthday in Green Bay with my best friend. They were incredible. Timothy B. Schmit sounded OK, Glen Frey sounded very good, Joe Walsh sounded well, like Joe Walsh, you make the call if that's good or bad LOL, now Don Henley was nothing short of spectacular, that man still has a set of pipes. Long Road Out Of Eden is just a phenomenal album.

thebiglebowski
02-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Man can those 60 to 62 year olds still play.
That is my very favorite band and I try to see them every time they have gone on tour and have made it to my area.
What a great show.
The vocals are still quite impressive for that age. They even hit the high notes on Witchy Woman, which blew me away.

Got my 2009 tour T-shirt and happy as lark I headed home after the concert.
Hope it is not the last time I get to see them.

Witchy Woman? um... oh! you mean, WitchAY Woman! ;)

RBOrrell
02-27-2009, 01:44 PM
Saw them in July in Toronto - they did 3 sold out shows. Got to love the Joe Walsh solo stuff they do too.