PDA

View Full Version : Metal!!!

Killjoy
01-26-2009, 03:48 PM
Does metal get any love around these parts. I am really excited about the new Lamb Of God next month. Big Slayer fan too.

So who else listens to Morbid Angel on thier way to herf with thier buddies???

NCRadioMan
01-26-2009, 04:57 PM
Dude, you didn't say it right................

SLAYER!!!!!!

:D

MedicCook
01-26-2009, 05:10 PM
I use to be big into metal but have progressed more towards the classic rocks the last few years.

goalie204
01-26-2009, 05:12 PM
dude, i'm a big metal head, also stoked for the new lamb of god. listening to bodom, pantera and parkway drive atm

http://files.myopera.com/rpsgc/albums/16337/DEVIL%20HORNS.png

Kreth
01-26-2009, 05:46 PM
Been a Metallica fan since Master of Puppets, despite their last few albums. The new one is pretty good. Also was singing for a local band until we had some personnel issues (1 suicide, 1 prima donna, and 1 desertion). I'm into Metallica, Anthrax, Godsmack, Pantera, Maiden, Sabbath, Corrosion of Conformity, Dio, Exodus, Sevendust, etc.

ChicagoWhiteSox
01-26-2009, 06:28 PM
I was in a hxc band in highschool. We were lined up to play with Dead to Fall in iowa but things fell through. I listened to a lot of hxc in highschool such as, Dead to Fall, Norma Jean, Underoath, From Autumn to Ashes, Alexisonfire, With Honor, Throwdown. Now its all classic rock.

adampc22
01-26-2009, 07:29 PM
man i am a metal fan but metalcore and hard core deathcore stuff like that

Cyanide
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I used to listen to metal until it progessed into hair metal and then sidestepped straight into Alanis Morrisette and on to Britney Spears....by that point I figured the metal scene had lost its path and so I converted to Classical. Chopin kicks all those bands asses!!!

Cheers

Cyanide

Godofgravity
01-26-2009, 10:03 PM
Hell yeah metal! Big fan of all kinds of metal. Listen to a lot of Slayer, Opeth, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Nile, Fear Factory and just about any non-mallcore sh!t metal.

adampc22
01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Hell yeah metal! Big fan of all kinds of metal. Listen to a lot of Slayer, Opeth, Machine Head, Dimmu Borgir, Cradle of Filth, Nile, Fear Factory and just about any non-mallcore sh!t metal.

bree bree :mad: lolololololololololololololol

Genetic Defect
01-26-2009, 10:35 PM
titanium

Ace$nyper
01-27-2009, 12:20 AM
Does GWAR count?

eldondo
01-27-2009, 12:22 AM
Slayer's the best, f**k the rest!

I'm listening to Slayer since 1986 (I was 13 then) and have seen them several times.... last time was during the Unholy Alliance Tour 2008 in Winterthur/Switzerland on 11/11/2008...

Heiko

yellowgoat
01-27-2009, 01:06 AM
Yes,
MAIDEN!!!!!
:pi
I love both kinds of music! Metal and METAL!!

silentjon
01-27-2009, 05:07 AM
I am huge fan of all types of metal.

Some of my favorites (in no particular order):
Death, Slayer, Opeth, Nile, Cynic, In Flames, Hypocrisy, Moonsorrow, Children of Bodom, Immortal, Dimension Zero, Zyklon, Decapitated, Vader, Mastodon, Suffocation, Behemoth, Arch Enemy, Meshuggah, Dark Tranquillity, Nevermore, Machine Head, The Crown, The Haunted, Nightrage, Enslaved, Amorphis, Entombed, Iron Maiden.

silentjon
01-27-2009, 05:10 AM
Does metal get any love around these parts. I am really excited about the new Lamb Of God next month. Big Slayer fan too.

So who else listens to Morbid Angel on thier way to herf with thier buddies???

Great band. Also a big fan of Hate Eternal.

Godofgravity
01-27-2009, 08:49 AM
bree bree :mad: lolololololololololololololol

haha, oops, wasn't trying to call anyone out on their metal tastes.

Lots of guys (and gals?) here with great tastes in a variety of metal. We should make a CA Metal Militia or something.

Kreth
01-27-2009, 08:50 AM
Any Dethklok fans?

Killjoy
01-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Any Dethklok fans?

I have seen them live twice. Big Gene Hoglan fan, actually big Strapping Young Lad fan. It was wierd, they played in total darkness and showed an animated film of them playing. wierd

I also really like The Haunted, At the Gates...Carcass, all the Gothenburg stuff really. I am a bit old school so I listen to alot of Venom and the Possessed, Death Angel and Testament too.

I love hardcore too, hatebreed...Sick Of It All, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coalesce. Madball...Bane...Hope Conspiracy. At work right now I am listening to Gojira...If you dont know then definately worth checking out.

goalie204
01-27-2009, 09:22 AM
Dethklok is ok.

Last concert i went to was In flames, As I lay dying, trivium, cannibal corpse, gwar, and a bunch of other crappy bands. Trivium sucks live, and now i hate them. In flames and As i lay dying were amazing tho.

There is a concert coming up with bodem, and a bunch of other awesome bands, can't remember who. Don't know if i wanna go, i'm so old now :x

Gojira and hatebreed are tight, haven't heard of some of those other bands you've named

pnoon
01-27-2009, 09:26 AM
In flames and As i lay dying were amazing tho.

As I Lay Dying?
:hm

Godofgravity
01-27-2009, 09:49 AM
I have seen them live twice. Big Gene Hoglan fan, actually big Strapping Young Lad fan. It was wierd, they played in total darkness and showed an animated film of them playing. wierd

I've heard a lot of people say the Dethklok live show really sucked. Gotta love the TV show though.

silentjon
01-27-2009, 10:03 AM

I also really like The Haunted, At the Gates...Carcass, all the Gothenburg stuff really. I am a bit old school so I listen to alot of Venom and the Possessed, Death Angel and Testament too.

I love hardcore too, hatebreed...Sick Of It All, Dillinger Escape Plan, Coalesce. Madball...Bane...Hope Conspiracy. At work right now I am listening to Gojira...If you dont know then definately worth checking out.

At the Gates and Carcass - two great metal bands.:D

Killjoy
01-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Listened to nothing but swedish death stuff today..that remind me I gotta check on an order....

goalie204
02-01-2009, 06:32 PM
As I Lay Dying?
:hm

yes

goalie204
02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
got the new lamb of god, album is called wrath. Download styles. Release date is feb 24th.

floydpink
02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking bout with this lamb stuff.

I'm so old I still consider Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden to be metal which probaly qualifies me to be uncool and out of touch.:cool2:

silentjon
02-02-2009, 05:26 AM

I'm so old I still consider Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden to be metal which probaly qualifies me to be uncool and out of touch.:cool2:

I still listen to them. :tu

Killjoy
02-02-2009, 07:38 AM
got the new lamb of god, album is called wrath. Download styles. Release date is feb 24th.

My favourite new Lamb Of God song is Contractor. I will be getting it the day it comes out. I have heard like half of the record through different venues.

Kreth
02-02-2009, 07:40 AM
One of the best concerts I've seen to date was Maiden on the Brave New World tour. It was the first US date, at MSG. Dickinson and Adrian Smith had just rejoined the band. Openers were Halford and Queensryche.

goalie204
02-02-2009, 08:07 AM
My favourite new Lamb Of God song is Contractor. I will be getting it the day it comes out. I have heard like half of the record through different venues.

want a link to dl the album?

Killjoy
02-02-2009, 08:22 AM
I would love a link lol!!!

The Professor
02-02-2009, 08:32 AM
Used to listen to metal as a kid, then stopped for some reason. Started listening again for the gym b/c it really gets me amp'd up. :ze

Killjoy
02-02-2009, 08:56 AM
wicked sweet!!!!

tobii3
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM

:tpd:

and to think, I have albums (yes, ALBUMS) from some groups that broke up BEFORE most of these "new" bands and members were even BORN.

:tg

croatan
02-02-2009, 09:50 AM
Guys, I've removed the download link. Looks like copyright infringement to me. And we can't have links to illegally download content on here.

LasciviousXXX
02-02-2009, 02:51 PM
BIG Metal-head here as well. Been to so many Metal shows its hard to even count anymore.

Seen so many awesome metal bands and feel lucky to have seen Pantera before they split up. Saw Superjoint Ritual and DOWN too so its all good :D

Speaking of Lamb of God, their concerts are so wicked! I'm pretty sure I went deaf after their show for a week and I've been to tons of metal shows but they take the cake for loudest.

Hatebreed is the most insane pit I've ever been in though.

Anybody pick up the new Amon Amarth album? It rocks!!!

Killjoy
02-02-2009, 03:05 PM
I have seen Hatebreed 6 times..first time was in 1997. Seen Lamb of God 5 times. Amon Amart is okish..but really that into them. I am really digging the new God Forbid and cant wait for the new Gojira that is on its way. I was (an am ) a huge Pantera fan, I saw them like 6 times or so lol...saw Damage Plan twice

(press credentials are a wonderful thing)

Godofgravity
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
...cant wait for the new Gojira that is on its way.

Another new Gojira? "The Way of All Flesh" just came out a couple months ago. Don't get me wrong, love them and another new album would be sweet, just seems too soon.

Killjoy
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
I have it shipped to the house lol!!!

they are going to be headlining a tour

Godofgravity
02-02-2009, 04:16 PM
Damn, so far no US stops on that tour. But the European dates end in spring so maybe a summer tour.

goalie204
02-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Anybody pick up the new Amon Amarth album? It rocks!!!

Yes. It's F*%#ing amazing.

Nick
02-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Lamb of god put out their best album when they were called Burn the Priest. Ever since then they are just decent. Ok gonna list some bands here take a breath.

Opeth, Amon Amarth, Between the Buried and Me, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Bolt Thrower, Wintersun, NightWish (old singer, new singer sucks), Light this City, Bury Your Dead, Burn the Priest, Mortal Treason, Ensiferum, Norther, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Zao.

I know there's more just can't think of them right now.

goalie204
02-02-2009, 07:58 PM
imo a lot of the bands you named are just terrible, and i totally disagree with your LOG statment. Just my opinion.

Nick
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
You are entitled to your opinion. I didn't say LOG is bad but I thought they were better when they were Burn the Preist.

I was trying to add some bands to the list that hadn't been mentioned as much. I know some of them had been mentioned but if any one is curious they can go have a listen. I wasn't looking for criticism, lord knows I get enough of that from my girl friend.

Godofgravity
02-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Heh, well I'm gunna take the opposite opinion and say you're list rocks. One of the best shows I've been to had Opeth and Dark Tranquility in the line up (Devil Driver was there too, but they were better as Coal Chamber). Props for Ensefirum in the list too, consider them a little known band so it's always cool to see when people have heard of them.

I also feel you pain about girlfriend criticism, mine likes country:pu

Nick
02-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I grew up on country and bluegrass and still listen to it quite a bit. I only listen to old stuff though like Hank2, Merle, George Jones, Waylon and Willy, John Anderson, Chris Ledoux, etc.

If you like ensiferum you might like Norther and Wintersun.

goalie204
02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
sorry i didn't mean to come off as a d-bag, like i said it was just my opinion, and we're all certainly entitled to them. I'm sure a lot of the bands i like you would hate too, no hard feelings man

Nick
02-02-2009, 09:04 PM
I knew you weren't trying to insult me. What's great about things like music and tobacco is that you love what you love and don't care what anyone else thinks.

goalie204
02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
Exactly, you like mortal treason, i don't because their christian metal and talk about christ

to each their own right

floydpink
02-03-2009, 07:30 AM
Guys, I've removed the download link. Looks like copyright infringement to me. And we can't have links to illegally download content on here.

Speaking of metal, Lars Ulrich from Metallica will get seriously pissed off if he knows you guys are downloading music illegally.:r

Godofgravity
02-03-2009, 08:07 AM
Speaking of metal, Lars Ulrich from Metallica will get seriously pissed off if he knows you guys are downloading music illegally.:r

Nah it's cool, he's only a pissy little ***** when it's his music being stolen lol

goalie204
02-03-2009, 08:10 AM
pm me if you want the lamb of god album link

Kreth
02-03-2009, 08:23 AM
pm me if you want the lamb of god album link

Yeah, why buy it and support the bands you like? :rolleyes:

Killjoy
02-03-2009, 08:43 AM
Lamb of god put out their best album when they were called Burn the Priest. Ever since then they are just decent. Ok gonna list some bands here take a breath.

Opeth, Amon Amarth, Between the Buried and Me, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, At the Gates, Arch Enemy, Children of Bodom, Blind Guardian, Demons and Wizards, Bolt Thrower, Wintersun, NightWish (old singer, new singer sucks), Light this City, Bury Your Dead, Burn the Priest, Mortal Treason, Ensiferum, Norther, Hammerfall, Iced Earth, Kamelot, Zao.

I know there's more just can't think of them right now.

Opeth (Blackwater park is one of my faves!!!)
In Flames (way commercial for the genre..but stellar)
Dark Tranquility (phenomenal)
Children of Bodom (why have a keyboardist playing rythym guitar parts?..overrated)
Blind Guardian (Maiden much???Jebus!!!)
Demons and Wizards (Blind Guardian much?)
Bolt Thrower (underrated, but i dont like them)
Wintersun (who?)
Nightwish (just not my thing)
Light this city (heard of them..but have not heard them)
Burn the Priest (awesome..but not New American Gospel awesome)
Bury your dead (great stuff in that Hatebreed vein)
Mortal Treason (who?)
Ensiferum (who?)
Norther (who?)
Hammerfall (might as well show up wearing manowar t-shirts to every show)
Iced earth (horrorshow is great..but only when I cant find my copy of Peice of Mind)
Kamelot (I heard they would not let you into thier shows without a pocket full of d20's)
Zao (the best band no one has heard of...period...)

I would also like to say everyone should check out God Forbid too. The Haunted are one of my favourite bands as well.

goalie204
02-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Yeah, why buy it and support the bands you like? :rolleyes:

Who said i wasn't going to buy it? Guess what, i can't buy it till Feb 24th when it's released.

goalie204
02-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Some of the bands i like, and this is only a taste:

All that remains, Amon Amarth, Caliban, Bodom, Devildriver, Kalmah, Killswitch engage, Parkway drive. I have a lot at home, i'm at work atm tho.

Nick
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
If you have never heard of Wintersun, Ensiferum, or Norther I suggest you find them and have a listen.

Goalie: I like Mortal Treason because they are a really talented band not because they are christian. Some bands I left off the list were Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and At the Throne of Judgement.

Godofgravity
02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
Children of Bodom (why have a keyboardist playing rythym guitar parts?..overrated)

So they can do the best damn cover of 'The Final Countdown' ever of course :r

silentjon
02-03-2009, 10:03 AM
If you have never heard of Wintersun, Ensiferum, or Norther I suggest you find them and have a listen.

These are great bands. :tu

silentjon
02-03-2009, 10:16 AM
Here are some other obscure (to most people) bands I like:
Agalloch, Asmegin, Borknagar, Ensiferum, Kalmah, Falkenbach, Into Eternity, Finntroll, Callenish Circle, Melechesh, Moonsorrow, Orphaned Land, Thyrfing, Enslaved, Neuraxis, Edge of Sanity, Omnium Gatherum

Godofgravity
02-03-2009, 10:26 AM
Into Eternity is friggin sweet. Finntroll...well, all I have to say is if you've never heard of them, just watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGywo81G6lk

Love it or hate it, it's a hilarious video.

muziq
02-03-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm more doom/drudge/sludge metal: Sunn0))), Boris, Earth, Pharoah Overlord, Om, Nadja, etc. Don't mind me some proggy metal in the form of Pelican, Isis, and Red Sparowes, but that's less and less these days.

Last show was Om and it was deathly loud...amazing that a single guitar and drum kit can nearly blow your eardrums out.

silentjon
02-03-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm more doom/drudge/sludge metal: Sunn0))), Boris, Earth, Pharoah Overlord, Om, Nadja, etc. Don't mind me some proggy metal in the form of Pelican, Isis, and Red Sparowes, but that's less and less these days.

Last show was Om and it was deathly loud...amazing that a single guitar and drum kit can nearly blow your eardrums out.

Doom/sludge is the one type of metal I am not really into. I don't dislike it, it just not my thing.

goalie204
02-03-2009, 10:48 AM

Goalie: I like Mortal Treason because they are a really talented band not because they are christian. Some bands I left off the list were Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, and At the Throne of Judgement.

I have heard and listened to wintersun, ensiferum and norther. I have some ensiferum, but am not a big fan of any of them.

I liked the mortal treason music that i downloaded, the music was great, and they are talented musicians, but as soon as i started hearing christ this and jesus that, I lost interest. I can't stand that sh1t.

Godofgravity
02-03-2009, 10:53 AM

Was going to ask if anyone was into stuff like this. I'm a fan of doom/drudge/drone stuff like Asunder, Ataraxie, Catacombs, Comatose Vigil, Saturnus, Until Death Overtakes Me, Colosseum, and Slumber. Isis is great too.

LasciviousXXX
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
, Callenish Circle,

I absolutely LOVED Callenish Circle's last album and was super bummed when I heard they broke up. I was just starting to get into them :)

mosesbotbol
02-03-2009, 11:34 AM
Wow, never heard of any of these groups. Must be getting old.

csbrewfisher
02-03-2009, 12:10 PM
You guts like metal? Here's (http://www.metal-observer.com/articles.php?lid=1&sid=6&id=14816) my son's band...

muziq
02-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Was going to ask if anyone was into stuff like this. I'm a fan of doom/drudge/drone stuff like Asunder, Ataraxie, Catacombs, Comatose Vigil, Saturnus, Until Death Overtakes Me, Colosseum, and Slumber. Isis is great too.

That's all stuff I'm not as familiar with, but I move slow. :r

Genetic Defect
02-03-2009, 12:24 PM
metal is such a blanket genre and some of it opnion as to what is metal.

Godofgravity
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
That's all stuff I'm not as familiar with, but I move slow. :r

:r not surprised, the only one from your list I've heard of is Sunn0))). There seems to be a ton of bands in this sub-genre. Maybe it's because anyone with a guitar and garage band can record a power-chord being held for 5minutes over white noise.

Nick
02-03-2009, 02:12 PM
I have heard and listened to wintersun, ensiferum and norther. I have some ensiferum, but am not a big fan of any of them.

I liked the mortal treason music that i downloaded, the music was great, and they are talented musicians, but as soon as i started hearing christ this and jesus that, I lost interest. I can't stand that sh1t.

I try not to let things like that affect me and what I listen to. If I think a band has talent and I enjoy listening to them that's all I care about, I don't pay attention to their politics or beliefs.

LasciviousXXX
02-03-2009, 02:55 PM
Generally Christian and Metal have never really gone together. However lately there have been quite a few Christian Metal bands that I've very much enjoyed. And not being a Christian myself I must say, its all about the music.

If you get a chance, check 'em out:

Norma Jean (my favorite Christian Metal band)
UnderOath
Haste the Day

Nick
02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I know of all of those, a little more HXC than metal. Norma Jean is fun to listen to but Underoath is a little annoying to me.

muziq
02-04-2009, 05:31 AM
:r not surprised, the only one from your list I've heard of is Sunn0))). There seems to be a ton of bands in this sub-genre. Maybe it's because anyone with a guitar and garage band can record a power-chord being held for 5minutes over white noise.

Yeah, there's definintely a lot of crap in this subgenre out there, but every now and then you come across something like Sunn0))) & Boris' Altar from last year, and you have a revelatory experience. I've been digging deep into Nadja/Aidan Baker this last year for just that reason...dude is ridiculously prolific (like 10-15 albums per year under various monikers) and each one is full of epic melodies that rip dark and dank-like. The recent split release he did with Atavist and Satori is a great example.

goalie204
02-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I try not to let things like that affect me and what I listen to. If I think a band has talent and I enjoy listening to them that's all I care about, I don't pay attention to their politics or beliefs.

A lot of the bands i listen to, i can't hear the lyrics. As a musician by blood and formerly of practice, my big thing is the music. I don't often care about lyrics. But because of my views on religion, I don't like to hear about "jesus" or "christ" in the way they scream about it, and i can hear it. Their music is great like i said, but hearing this jesus crap ruins it for me sometimes. In this case it did. I still have the albums, so i'm going to give them another shot, but if in every song i hear that crap, nothx.

goalie204
02-04-2009, 06:59 AM
The best thing about this thread is that I'm always looking for new metal to listen to. I have listened to a lot of the bands mentioned here, but a lot i have never heard of and look forward to checking out their stuff in hopes that I love some of them.

Killjoy
02-04-2009, 08:01 AM
I would also like to suggest checking out Ghoultown and Maltoro, on a completely different vein

goalie204
08-20-2009, 08:18 PM
HAPPY bIRTHDAY DIMEBAG - AUG 20 DIMEbAGS BDAY REAST IN PEACE BROTHER

DRINKING BLACK TOOTH GRINm X10000

MajorCaptSilly
08-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Priest
Maiden
Volbeat
Mastodon
Clutch
Sabbath

MCS

rocksteady133
08-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I listen to a spread of different types of metal, Nevermore, Beneath the massacre, necrophagist, suffocation, megadeth, iced earth, those are just some of the cd's that I have been listening to lately

Aldebaran
08-28-2009, 01:09 PM
Wow I am suprised I did not see this topic before. Outside of drone and electronic this is probably my most listened to genre of music. I am in love with sludge, black metal, death/doom and funeral doom.

I figure though most of you enjoy thrash and [ower so I would recommend Morbid Saint - Spectrum of Death for thrash and Jag Panzer - Ample Destruction for power.

http://www.last.fm/user/TexColorado

In case anyone on here has one.

goalie204
08-29-2009, 12:14 AM
i just like music that owns, i don't do the whole categorizing, cuz frankly, i'm not familiar with whats what. I listen to a lot of bands and i dont know if they fall under heavy metal, or water bottle metal (i made that up) i just like what i like :D

Genetic Defect
08-29-2009, 12:23 AM
i just like music that owns, i don't do the whole categorizing, cuz frankly, i'm not familiar with whats what. I listen to a lot of bands and i dont know if they fall under heavy metal, or water bottle metal (i made that up) i just like what i like :D

or sissy metal :rolleyes:

adampc22
08-29-2009, 07:33 AM

or canadian pufftercore metal

goalie204
08-29-2009, 07:48 AM
retards :) :p

Toasted Coastie
08-29-2009, 09:34 AM
I'm a pretty rabid Dream Theater and Megadeth fan. Loved Metallica until the "Black" album, then kind of drifted away because they started to suck, until this new album. Also a pretty big Opeth fan. Have seen them all multiple times.

Love all the usual suspects as well, Slayer, Maiden, Dio, Rainbow w/Dio, Sabbath w/Dio, Pantera and on and on. I don't get into too much of the guteral death metal except for Opeth.

Symphony X is fairly fantastic as well.

I've started to move more to Progressive, going to see Porcupine Tree next month and can't wait.

adampc22
08-29-2009, 10:43 AM
parkway drive . i killed the prom queen . bring me the horizon . BURY YOUR F*****g DEAD

Giant & 49er Fan
08-29-2009, 11:03 AM
Generally Christian and Metal have never really gone together. However lately there have been quite a few Christian Metal bands that I've very much enjoyed. And not being a Christian myself I must say, its all about the music.

If you get a chance, check 'em out:

Norma Jean (my favorite Christian Metal band)
UnderOath
Haste the Day

Awesome band. Haste the Day has been in my rotation for years. May I also suggest Devil Wears Prada, Chiodos, It Dies Today and Destroy the Runner! Awesome THREAD by the way! :banger

Giant & 49er Fan
08-29-2009, 11:04 AM
IKTPQ is also bad @ss!

adampc22
08-29-2009, 11:38 AM
IKTPQ is also bad @ss!

were bad ass thay broke up :( one of them went to bleeding threw then to british band bring me the horizon

http://i31.tinypic.com/bdky0y.jpg

adampc22
08-29-2009, 11:39 AM
a yorkshire band btw lol

goalie204
08-29-2009, 12:05 PM
parkway drive is awesome, new thy will be done also pwnage, devildriver, god theres SOO many good bands, too many to name, fuk it

Cyanide
09-02-2009, 06:01 AM
YAAAAAAA!!!!!

Bon Jovi
Def Leapard
Poison

YAAAAAAA!!!!!!

Ooops, sorry about that, got a little excited.

rocksteady133
09-04-2009, 06:34 AM
if you like old school heavy metal check out my band and let me know what you think www.myspace.com/3headedmonster, it's all instrumental some good solos. We released a cd in europe a little while back.

Killjoy
07-06-2010, 03:45 PM
I like my women like I like my Metallica albums...21 years or older.

Chingas
07-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I like my women like I like my Metallica albums...21 years or older.

Classic brother!

Yes another fan of Metal over here in Jersey. I've recorded a few metal bands too. Wrote a few metal/hardcore songs as well. Huge fan of music, listen to just about everything. Good to know we got some metal brothers umongst the Brotherhood.

goalie204
07-06-2010, 09:24 PM
new parkway drives and as i lay dying are pretty good.

KenyanSandBoa
07-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Huge fan of music, listen to just about everything. Good to know we got some metal brothers umongst the Brotherhood.

:tpd:

Another metal head here as well...glad to see some more.

goalie204
07-20-2010, 07:59 AM
_+880______________________________
_++88______________________________
__+880__________________________++_
__+888_________________________+88_
__++880_______________________+88_
__++888_______+++88_________++88__
__+++8888__+++88880++888__+++88__
___++888+++++8888+++888888+888___
___++88++++88888+++8888888888____
___+++++++88888888888888888888_____
___++++++++88888888888888888888____
___+++++++++0088888888888888888____
____++++++++0088888888888888888____
_____++++++++000888888888888888____
_____+++++++++08888888888888888____
______++++++++0888888888888888_____
________+++++++88888888888888______

Chingas
07-20-2010, 05:00 PM
_+880______________________________
__+880__________________________++_
__+888_________________________+88_
__++880_______________________+88_
__++888_______+++88_________++88__
__+++8888__+++88880++888__+++88__
___++888+++++8888+++888888+888___
___++88++++88888+++8888888888____
___+++++++88888888888888888888_____
___++++++++88888888888888888888____
___+++++++++0088888888888888888____
____++++++++0088888888888888888____
_____++++++++000888888888888888____
_____+++++++++08888888888888888____
______++++++++0888888888888888_____

Sweet brother. Looks Bad Ass!

Don Fernando
07-20-2010, 05:27 PM
are you guys familiar with www.dis-order.com and/or http://www.displeasedrecords.com/ ? I have known the two owners Lars and Ron for over 15 years, Ron is a cigar smoker too. Herfed with him 2 weeks ago.

Chingas
07-20-2010, 05:54 PM
are you guys familiar with www.dis-order.com and/or http://www.displeasedrecords.com/ ? I have known the two owners Lars and Ron for over 15 years, Ron is a cigar smoker too. Herfed with him 2 weeks ago.

I'm not familiar. Tho I wish I was. I have a recording studio in Jersey. We could probably talk music just as much as cigars! Scary, right?

borndead1
07-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Wow. Interesting thread.

OK, I checked out quite a few of the bands in this thread and I realized something: I just can't get into most of this newer stuff.

It seems like these bands are just going out of their way to sound "epic" or whatever. Classic giants of metal like Maiden, Dio, etc. didn't have to try. They just ARE epic (or were in the case of Dio -- RIP).

A lot of these bands today just try as hard as they can to jam as many sub-genres of metal into ONE song. And I just can't get into it.

That being said, some of the metal bands I like are: Slayer, W.A.S.P., Maiden, Testament, Trouble, Death Angel, Bolt Thrower, System of a Down, High On Fire...

Chingas
07-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Mark, the genres of Metal are so vast now it's like listening to 10 completely different styles. I hear what your saying and for some bands it's absolutely true but for others, it's a new style and way of writing.

One thing you'll usually find in common, all those bands you can't really get into, they just about all give props to the fathers of metal, such as the ones you mentioned.

goalie204
07-21-2010, 05:53 AM
Sweet brother. Looks Bad Ass!

thx, i just found it online :P

as for not being able to get into new genres, hey to each their own. I like newer metal, and i like older metal, and i like most metal. \,,/