PDA

View Full Version : Winter Cigar Indoor Smoking

blugill
01-25-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm down to smoking about one cigar every three weeks during the cold Fall and Winter here.

I'd like to smoke more however I hate the old cigar smell in my house so I'm looking at getting an air purifier to take care of that. Any suggestions?

sodomanaz
01-25-2009, 10:39 AM
I've given up and started smoking inside. Too damn cold here in WI. Anyway, this helps a lot: http://www.discountofficeitems.com/jarden-hepatype-mini-tower-air-cleaner-bnrbap815bu-office-products-26623.html

Look for a better price of course. Does a pretty nice job and is pretty quiet.

shaggy
01-25-2009, 10:46 AM
another option in alot of places is to keep ur eyes open for a smoke eater from a bar that is not allowed to have smoking anymore....i would imagine these will be selling pretty cheap soon enough

KazzTheMurse
01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
if your smoking in one room alone (for example a man cave), I would highly suggest picking up one of these:
http://www.amishshop.com/hazel-doc/images/Csonkaoriginalpurifier.jpg

That particular one clears anywhere from 500, to 1500 sq. ft. We sell them at our stores/online, which can be found here:

http://pipesandcigars.com/csonsmokcloa.html

They make many models. From car size, to 5,000sq. ft. air cleaners. and they are THE BEST besides putting a big hole in your wall/opening a window with a fan in it raising your heating bill.

http://pipesandcigars.com/csonka.html

FEAR
01-25-2009, 10:49 PM
another option in alot of places is to keep ur eyes open for a smoke eater from a bar that is not allowed to have smoking anymore....i would imagine these will be selling pretty cheap soon enough

I'm in the HVAC trade. I've been waiting for abut 8 years for a smokeeter. Seems like unless they are remodeling and its in the way they just decommission them. They just kill the breaker and forget about it. I have even offered to buy and remove one from a banquet hall. Their response was they always get that drunk uncle that lights up.

mosesbotbol
01-26-2009, 08:37 AM
Exhaust fan on a window and sitting near it is the best you'll do without starting a renovation. Been smoking indoors for years and tried several things.

The less smoke that actually is floating around in the room the better. Trying to treat the smoke in the room is only good after you completed smoking. My friends have smelled smoke coming out of the exhaust 50 yards from my house!

Pick a room without carpet or rugs, and make sure there's a second window open somewhere so you do not create a vaccuum in the room while the exhaust is going.

N2Advnture
01-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Exhaust fan on a window and sitting near it is the best you'll do without starting a renovation. Been smoking indoors for years and tried several things.

The less smoke that actually is floating around in the room the better. Trying to treat the smoke in the room is only good after you completed smoking. My friends have smelled smoke coming out of the exhaust 50 yards from my house!

Pick a room without carpet or rugs, and make sure there's a second window open somewhere so you do not create a vaccuum in the room while the exhaust is going.

Solid advice right here!

Exhausting is key. Ozinators should not be using while you are in the room but great at removing residual odor.

I hope this helps

~Mark

thebiglebowski
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Solid advice right here!

Exhausting is key. Ozinators should not be using while you are in the room but great at removing residual odor.

I hope this helps

~Mark

spoke about this a while back on another forum, but we have a jenn-air cooktop that has a freaking mutha of an exhaust vent. i plant myself in a stool next to the stove, light a few candles and fire away. works great. even on just the low setting

the jenn-air is so powerful - and this is a design flaw - that it's almost impossible to use the vent while cooking because it draws the flame and creates an uneven cooking surface in your pots, pans, whatever...

those who have a good vent system in their kitchen may want to give this a try. believe me, if it didn't eliminate 99% of the odor, my wife wouldn't let me get away with this.

;)

rhythm11
01-26-2009, 01:01 PM
I have been smoking in the car in the driveway, with the heater on. Hopefully one day I will come up with something so I can smoke inside. Until then, I'll be in the car...

acarr
01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
Move to Arizona, Hawaii, or Florida

SmokinDuck
01-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I just light one up once a week and don't worry about it. I crack my patio door and set a fan in front of it and call it good.

My stove's exhaust is one of those lame ones that sucks the air through a filter then dumps it back in to the room. Who ever thought those were a good idea should be shot.

duckmanco
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I also feel your pain on this one, and because of the wife, don't even attempt to smoke indoors.... the manshack will be constructed this spring though, and it will be climate controlled.

bobarian
01-26-2009, 02:58 PM
Had a herf this past weekend. 20+ guys all smoking in my living room, kitchen and anywhere else they could find a seat. Had all the doors open(front, patio and door to garage. Plus one window. The whole house fan was ready for action in case things got smoky. We never used it once. Slight breeze blowing so the air stayed relatively clear. Dumped all the ashtrays that night. Residual smell the next morning was relatively low. Sprayed down everything with Renuzit Odor Neutralizer and will Carpet Fresh and vacuum tonight after work.
But as of yesterday you would never know I had so many guys herfing. As Mark said, ventilation is the best way. The smoke never gets a chance to settle into things.