PDA

View Full Version : Ebay cigars

Dennis569
01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
There are several boxes of machine made type cigars on ebay tonight.
He lists them as having no sturgeon general warning.
So I'm wondering in what year did our all knowing all caring goverment
start requiring that warning?
How old can these be?
Any chance at all that they can be "clear Havanas?"

Snake Hips
01-24-2009, 08:12 PM
They're probably clear Havanas if he's claiming them as such, because there wouldn't have been a Surgeon General sticker on them before the embargo. I don't know when they started putting that warning on, but I'm guessing the '70s at the earliest. Though I wouldn't count on them being smokeable really, whenever they were made...

What are they?

mikeyj23
01-24-2009, 08:13 PM
Tough to say without seeing any info about them...

Dennis569
01-24-2009, 08:20 PM
AyC Ninos
AyC Crusaders
AyC Sabers
El Producto Monarch
Spaulding Golden Slims

Snake Hips
01-24-2009, 09:10 PM
I don't think they're clear Havanas. The guarantee sticker just says "a combination of fine imported and domestic tobaccos." Usually clears make a point of guaranteeing it's Havana leaf, and have a US tax stamp on them. By the stamp on the bottoms of the boxes, and lack of mention of Havana or Cuba anywhere as well as the tax stamp, I'd guess these are from the '60s or '70s maybe. But that's my deduction; I am about the farthest person from the one to know about vintage cigars.

SmokinApe
01-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't think they're clear Havanas. The guarantee sticker just says "a combination of fine imported and domestic tobaccos." Usually clears make a point of guaranteeing it's Havana leaf, and have a US tax stamp on them. By the stamp on the bottoms of the boxes, and lack of mention of Havana or Cuba anywhere as well as the tax stamp, I'd guess these are from the '60s or '70s maybe. But that's my deduction; I am about the farthest person from the one to know about vintage cigars.

Most clears have Conn wrappers....

lenguamor
01-27-2009, 11:14 PM
I'd reckon most of those to be from around the '70s or '80s. There's a lot of that stuff floating around.

papajohn67
01-28-2009, 01:39 AM
I'd reckon most of those to be from around the '70s or '80s. There's a lot of that stuff floating around.

Joe....what the heck do you know about vintage cigars?

lenguamor
01-28-2009, 04:10 AM
Joe....what the heck do you know about vintage cigars?http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/2925/chuckle1ab3.gif