PDA

View Full Version : Going to look at a couple big humis tomorrow.

shilala
01-23-2009, 08:49 PM
Kerri, Scott (sofaman) and I are going to Pittsburgh in the morning.
I got a lead on a great big commercial display humidor and I've been talking to the lady for a few weeks about it.
It's exactly what I want, and I had planned to build one eventually.
My plan is to add a batch of drawers in the bottom, a display area (like in my displayadors) in the entire center section, and leave the top for box storage.
It'll be the end of the big mess I have now, but I think I'll be happy with it. I'll have to get rid of my two wine coolers with drawers and maybe even my displayadors and desktops, but it's going to be so insanely cool that it's worth it. :)
The girl also has a cigar locker that I really have no use for, but I think it's infinately cool, as well. If I can get the right price and it's usable, I'll drag it home. If nothing else, maybe one of the brothers here can use it.
I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve right now. :r
Here's pics of the two humis...
http://home.comcast.net/~shilala/comhumi2.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~shilala/locker2.jpg

shilala
01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
The girl says she has most of the keys for the locker, too. :D

G G
01-23-2009, 08:53 PM
That's primo my man.:tu

chippewastud79
01-23-2009, 08:55 PM
Very swanky Scott :tu

tobii3
01-23-2009, 08:58 PM
:dr

I'm jealous!!!

I always look at one website with googly eyes....

Link (http://www.stewart-beckwith.com/)

Now you have one very similar!!!

landhoney
01-23-2009, 09:00 PM
How much to rent a locker? My overflowing cabinet is making the wife suspicious. The 'ol, "they're just filling up the extra space' line isn't working anymore.
:r

replicant_argent
01-23-2009, 09:04 PM
you sure your last name isn't Klugman?

Starchild
01-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Nice :D

If you have room for it, the lockers might come in handy for storing stuff for aging. Like little time capsules :rolleyes:

shilala
01-23-2009, 09:20 PM

I'm jealous!!!

I think the big one is "The Retailer". (http://www.stewart-beckwith.com/retailer3.htm)
The lockers look like they're made by that outfit, too. I need to see some bigger pics and I'll know for sure. I'm rooting through their website now...

Sailchaser
01-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Can I rent space

Kreth
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I'll have to get rid of my two wine coolers with drawers and maybe even my displayadors and desktops
So when can we expect to see these in WTS? :r

jaymz
01-24-2009, 05:27 AM
:confused:

You sure they're big enough? :ss

SmokeyNL
01-24-2009, 05:59 AM
amazing humis Scott, great find :ss

icantbejon
01-24-2009, 06:09 AM

I'm jealous!!!

I've seen this particular humi many times tobii, I agree very nice.

icantbejon
01-24-2009, 06:10 AM
Your display humi is also pretty kickass Scott. Great find.

Parshooter
01-24-2009, 06:23 AM
Nice finds. Is the locker self-humidified or does it have to be in a humidified room (walk in)?

massphatness
01-24-2009, 06:26 AM
wow, Scott ... should you ever need a man servant, I'm your huckleberry

dunng
01-24-2009, 08:49 AM
Very nice find! :tu

tobii3
01-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Very simple Scott - you will see one of two things on the back - the stencil or the plate.....

Now I'm REALLY jealous!!!

:tpd:

:D

mosesbotbol
01-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Take both, you'll kick yourself if you do not. I love the display case the locker is incredible if not the most practical thing. Perhaps a cigar bar will open you can sell it or donate it for special privledges there...

ahc4353
01-24-2009, 09:39 AM
How much they asking?

DPD6030
01-24-2009, 09:43 AM
Nice find Scott! I'll rent two lockers if you'll let me. :rolleyes:

DMK
01-24-2009, 10:12 AM
The wifey was just looking over my shoulder in this one and said
" Do you know how much 'yarn' I could store moth free in those...."
:r:r:r:r:r
Silly woman....

gettysburgfreak
01-24-2009, 10:34 AM
holy crap scott, you might as well open up your own store

shilala
01-24-2009, 09:41 PM
I picked up the big humi but left the lockers behind. They were just too huge and impractical. I couldn't beat the lady down on the price far enough to warrant dragging them home.
I've been working on cleaning up the big humi, it'll take me awhile to get it done.
I'm very pleased with it, can't wait to move it where it goes and get it filled up.
I'm totally stoked, it's cool as hell. :D

MedicCook
01-24-2009, 09:56 PM
Scott, the cabinet looks good. I love the locker though.

shilala
01-25-2009, 08:52 AM
:confused:

You sure they're big enough? :ss
The big cabinet is probably too small now that I have it home. :c
I was cleaning it up last night and it's looking really good. Today I'll tear down the Cigar Utopia and move the cabinet where it was.
It's gonna be a monumental project.

shilala
01-25-2009, 08:55 AM
I could definately use you today, Vin. If I had you and ten more guys it'd mean less cigars to move. :D

shilala
01-25-2009, 08:57 AM
Nice finds. Is the locker self-humidified or does it have to be in a humidified room (walk in)?
It's self-humidified. The whole back end has a section that's humidified by a moistnaire. The drawers have holes in the back so the humidity can enter the drawers. It's really a cool setup. I took more pics while I was there in case anyone wanted it. :tu

shilala
01-25-2009, 09:02 AM
How much they asking?
Beelions.

acruce
01-25-2009, 10:28 AM
They look like they are in great condition.

shilala
01-25-2009, 10:51 AM
They look like they are in great condition.
They both were. :tu
I'm getting ready to move the cabinet in place, just called Scott (sofaman) to come down and help me. I just have to take down the shelves and I'm all ready. It should be a real pain, but it's gonna be awesome when it's done. :)
I have no idea what I'm gonna do inside the cabinet now. The doors don't open enough to make big drawers, so I'll probably have to do away with drawers altogether unless I make some nice modular ones.
That's probably what I'll have to do. They'll look nice and can sit on the shelves and I can get rid of them whenever I decide I don't want/need them anymore. :tu
I'll take some pics once we get this big sum***** in place.

cort
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Nice pick up Scott. Its gonna be sad to see the "Cigar Wall" torn down. I am sure that once the Humi is in place and all dialed in it will be just as cool if not better. Good luck on the project buddy.

shilala
01-26-2009, 10:33 PM
Nice pick up Scott. Its gonna be sad to see the "Cigar Wall" torn down. I am sure that once the Humi is in place and all dialed in it will be just as cool if not better. Good luck on the project buddy.
It's a mess right now, but I got everything in her.
I'll take pics tomorrow maybe and start a thread so I can track the metamorphosis. I'm gonna try to get lights in it in the next couple days.
I have to clean up the mess I made of the house before I have to throw myself out in the street for being such a hog. :D

alley00p
01-26-2009, 10:41 PM
Wow, Scott! That thing looks great in the first pics! Can't wait to see it finished! :tu

Wanna sell a Vino? :ss

:dance::dance::dance:

shilala
01-26-2009, 10:47 PM
Wow, Scott! That thing looks great in the first pics! Can't wait to see it finished! :tu

Wanna sell a Vino? :ss

:dance::dance:
Check out the WTS Charlie. I put my frigidaires up on there. :tu