PDA

View Full Version : Weird Hygrometer

Cenookie
01-22-2009, 06:30 PM
I've got a question about a hygrometer inside my Vino. First off I've got 65% beads, hygrometer recently salt tested and calibrated. The top hygrometer is reading 67 degrees-67% hum one minute then 68 degrees-62% hum the next, the one on the bottom is steady at 66 degrees-67% hum. This just started today. Does anyone have an explanation why this is happening?:confused::confused:

feznuk
01-22-2009, 07:14 PM
Weak batteries would be my first guess.

OR possibly a circulation issue. Do the top and bottom usually indicate the same temp. and RH?

Cenookie
01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Weak batteries would be my first guess.

OR possibly a circulation issue. Do the top and bottom usually indicate the same temp. and RH?

I thought of batteries but they are only 4-5 months old, and normally I get the same or close to the same readings top to bottom. Now the top has stopped fluctuating and is reading 68 degrees and 62% hum. I think everything is ok inside, I was just wondering about the readings changing.:hm

webjunkie
01-22-2009, 09:49 PM
Sounds more like issues stabilizing rather than the batteries. Do you use fans to circulate the air in the vino at all?

RichardW
01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Global warming -- no doubt :rolleyes:

shilala
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
Put new batteries in your hygrometers.

ucla695
01-23-2009, 06:51 AM
RH fluctuations within a cabinet or Vino are normal. Did it cycle on between the times your looked at your hygros? The RH in my cabinet will drop some after the cooling unit has cycled on.

cherrybomb
01-23-2009, 07:34 AM
use a computer fan and a timer, and fill it with some more boxes. I had the same problem and now my vino is rock solid!

Cenookie
01-23-2009, 09:29 PM
Sounds more like issues stabilizing rather than the batteries. Do you use fans to circulate the air in the vino at all?

Yes I have 2 Oust fans, 1 at the top and the other at the bottom.

Put new batteries in your hygrometers.

Do you think the batteries would be bad after only a couple months:confused: But what the heck, I'll put new batteries in and see what happens.

RH fluctuations within a cabinet or Vino are normal. Did it cycle on between the times your looked at your hygros? The RH in my cabinet will drop some after the cooling unit has cycled on.

No I don't think it had reasonly cycled on.