PDA

View Full Version : Road Side Taco's

Steelergar
01-22-2009, 04:56 PM
I don't know if you guys have road side mexican food where you live but I finally tried it the other day. Alot of them set up at gas staions or convienence stores that are run by hispanics. I tried one set up at the flea market here in Charleston SC and was blown away by it. I ordered a beef taco for $1.50 each the cilantro and other vegtables on it were fresh and blew away anything from taco bell or even most chain mexican resteraunts. They just recently started inspecting the trailers they set up in so you know what there food and safety rating is, these guys had an A. They were also extremely nice and served with a smile and there salsa was awesome too. If your like mexican food and feeling bold stop by and grab a bite to eat.

Yazzie
01-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Austin has gazillions of these road side Taco Joints and most are extremely delicious..... Torchy's Tacos rulez :tu

white_s2k
01-22-2009, 05:33 PM
Best food EVER after you have been drinking a bit :tu

bobarian
01-22-2009, 05:34 PM
You cant throw a cat without hitting a Taco truck in California!

Cigary
01-22-2009, 05:39 PM
San Diego is full of them,,,pretty good places to eat like El Portal, Super Sergios, Quatro Milpas and Rubios. I'm hungry now!

68TriShield
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
Good stuff indeed :D

shvictor
01-22-2009, 09:08 PM

I love the taco trucks. I don't know if I like seeing cat and taco truck in the same sentence though. Thanks Bob :pu

bvilchez
01-22-2009, 10:18 PM
San Diego is full of them,,,pretty good places to eat like El Portal, Super Sergios, Quatro Milpas and Rubios. I'm hungry now!

Try Tacos El Gordo off of H Street and the 5...or maybe E Street

Funny this thread is out....that's what I told my wife i want to eat when I get back home.....some tacos de adobada or tacos de cabeza

mosesbotbol
01-23-2009, 04:59 AM
Street in Mexico is incredible, I assume it is almost as good in the States too. Just Mexican food! Fresh Salsa Picante, yummmm.

ucla695
01-23-2009, 06:56 AM

They're all over the place in L.A. They had a segment on one of the local shows on L.A. where they rated the best taco trucks around the city. I checked out the top recs and there were some winners! Good stuff for sure. Especially after a late night.

Cigary
01-23-2009, 11:56 AM
Try Tacos El Gordo off of H Street and the 5...or maybe E Street

Funny this thread is out....that's what I told my wife i want to eat when I get back home.....some tacos de adobada or tacos de cabeza

Let's not forget El Indio off the 5,,,hmmm,,,,will be back in SD next week so may have to try El Gordo,,,whats your take on this compared to the rest?

NCRadioMan
01-23-2009, 12:32 PM
There is a taco truck that sits at a local tattoo place and there are always at least a dozen people in line, no matter what time of day, night or morning. I'm going to stop there soooooon!

bvilchez
01-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Let's not forget El Indio off the 5,,,hmmm,,,,will be back in SD next week so may have to try El Gordo,,,whats your take on this compared to the rest?

El Indio is good but I love me some tacos de adobada. It's plain and simple yet tasty as hell.

I'll put it to you like this...when I go there I always order about 6-10 tacos alone just for myself. My wife will eat 2 maybe 3 and she's stuffed. Everyone I have recommended always has something good to say about it. Not one bad review ever have I seen.

By the way the adobada tacos are on the counter all the way to the left.;)

livwire68
01-23-2009, 01:11 PM
It is typical to have these "roach coaches" at job sites. Every once in awhile you hear of problems with one (health wise) but most are pretty decent. Last summer I got addicted to the tacos al pastor. Some things they are expensive on but the tacos are usually a buck each.

Killjoy
01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
It is typical to have these "roach coaches" at job sites. Every once in awhile you hear of problems with one (health wise) but most are pretty decent. Last summer I got addicted to the tacos al pastor. Some things they are expensive on but the tacos are usually a buck each.

Tacos mexico is fantastic!!!
I used to live on that stuff...but now I am 75 pounds lighter and laugh whenever I drive by there.

RGD.
01-23-2009, 09:54 PM
Cool thing is this - when we are on job sites and these trucks show up - I normally get to eat for free 9 out of 10 times. Most of them never charge the jefe for lunch. :ss

And yes I have to agree - it's normally some fantastic food.

Ron

Parshooter
01-24-2009, 06:52 AM
I've only seen one here. It's on the westside, which, in itself, scares me a little. One day I might work up the nerve to try it.

BP22
01-24-2009, 02:52 PM
A staple of my diet...mmm...tacos...:dr

mosesbotbol
01-25-2009, 08:35 AM
Chicken & hard boiled egg Tamales wrapped in banana leaves with fresh habanero salsa!

BHowe
01-25-2009, 01:13 PM
I feel bad for the northerners that don't get to experience taco trucks.

acruce
01-25-2009, 02:22 PM
Gas station taco joints, gotta love um.

TheJ
01-30-2009, 06:00 PM
I love the "roach coaches".

One spring break, a lifetime ago, we went from South Padre Island to Matamoros, Mexico(underage drinking). They had vendors with carts, much like a hot dog stand, with signs that read "What-a-taco: 3 for $1" The best darn tacos ever.