PDA

View Full Version : Suck weekend for Cigars

Volt
01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
3 - bad/did not like
1 - good but monster plugged
1 - so-so

Getting tired of these unknown sticks.... Time to smoke what I know.

Killjoy
01-20-2009, 07:59 AM
must be smoking "exotic" stuff

pnoon
01-20-2009, 08:00 AM
3 - bad/did not like
1 - so-so

Mike - what cigars were these?
Just curious.

Hardcz
01-20-2009, 08:06 AM
I know one was a sancho panza bachileres... said he smoked it half way then it got super plugged.

Volt
01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
I know one was a sancho panza bachileres... said he smoked it half way then it got super plugged.

Dan got that one correct, sancho panza bachileres '99. Nice little smoke that started off with super firm draw and mid-point just stopped. Not even a $20 lady of the evening was gonna suck any thing though it. I tried to loosen it up (nothing to poke it with) but it set a new worst plugged record for me.... But it was nice, smooth and enjoyable until that point.

The bad ones (and not necessasarily bad, I just didn't care for them):

A Padilla, just harsh and strong tobacco taste, no flavors. Reminded of how most AF's taste to me. The King B is the AF exception, that rosado wrapped stick is tasty.

A friend gave me an unbanded cigar to try. It was a La Requiza. My comments on it matched what I thought from the one I smoked when I knew what it was. Not for me, I know others dig them.

I can't remember what #3 was.... That bad to me.

A Fire Corojo - admitidly fresh off the UPS truck. Very nasty lighting up but started to some around after 1/4", but as this was #4 that wasn't great, I was fed up and quit on it. The wrap seemed to have a semi sweet, slick sort of texture/taste to it. I have more and this one will get another shot in a few weeks.

The cigar gods and karma just wasn't here this weekend. Trying the new stuff didn't work out to well. I love giving and getting different smokes, and usually find a new one to enjoy. I think this week I'll stick to what I know I like.

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 08:51 AM
3 - bad/did not like
1 - so-so

I have the same issue with new cigars... I just have a hard time smoking something new and different when I can grab a favorite and be guaranteed to enjoy it. I literally have 80-100+ sticks that are in the "to-try" drawer in the humi, but I probably won't try more than a dozen of them this year...:rolleyes:

ahc4353
01-20-2009, 08:52 AM
Sooo, what is it you like other than GURKHA?

pnoon
01-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I have the same issue with new cigars... I just have a hard time smoking something new and different when I can grab a favorite and be guaranteed to enjoy it. I literally have 80-100+ sticks that are in the "to-try" drawer in the humi, but I probably won't try more than a dozen of them this year...:rolleyes:

Hmmmm - there goes my plan for Las Vegas. :hn

Killjoy
01-20-2009, 08:56 AM

send me your new and different cigars..you should have to bother yourself with such pedestrian pursuits, I will handle that for you.

Volt
01-20-2009, 08:58 AM

Sooo, what is it you like other than GURKHA?

Unfortuantly, I have found myself (at least in the winter when smoke time is a bit reduced) like Zmancbr, going more often lately for the tried and true. I didn't really pay any attention but grabbed a lot of new stuff for the road trips this weekend.

As to what I like other than the Gurks (BTW, I have plenty of those in all flavors), I'm thinking you really don't have a need to know..... That info is classified G4, and your not cleared.

Hardcz
01-20-2009, 09:42 AM
I usually will take a few new ones and then a few "good ole boys" that I know will be good, JUST in case...

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 09:44 AM

LOL... hey now no big plans for a sneak attack...

I should have put a disclaimer in there that I meant this was for NCs only... :D

CCs I still try quite a few on a regular basis...

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 09:45 AM
send me your new and different cigars..you should have to bother yourself with such pedestrian pursuits, I will handle that for you.

I might be able to arrange that lol... :r:r

massphatness
01-20-2009, 09:51 AM
I remember doing a box split with Volt on some Tat Havana VI's -- the little guys. You know, in case anyone was wondering. I think I also remember something about Party Shorts, but I could be mistaken. Don't think so, but could be.

taltos
01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Rocky Rosados and Gran Habano #5's seem to work for Mike.:ss

HK3-
01-20-2009, 10:06 AM
Sounds like a rough weekend there Mike. Maybe better luck this upcoming weekend. :ss

St. Lou Stu
01-20-2009, 10:14 AM

lol...... You be nice to Zach Peter!

Awwww, who the hell am I kidding? Kick the snot outta him!:bx

Volt
01-20-2009, 10:15 AM
"Sounds like a rough weekend there Mike. Maybe better luck this upcoming weekend. :ss "

Comes with the territory.... I'll just pick out a few I know I like and move forward. Tying so many new at one time may not have been the smartest, but I never claimed to be smart.

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
lol...... You be nice to Zach Peter!

Awwww, who the hell am I kidding? Kick the snot outta him!:bx

Hey now... you need to calm down over there or you might find yourself on the next hit list (and you know what I mean by that)... :r

pnoon
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
LOL... hey now no big plans for a sneak attack...

:hm:hm

:tg:bx

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 10:49 AM
:hm

:tg:bx

I will warn ya... I don't take punishments every well... ask Tim... :r:D

Hardcz
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Boys, I think you should open a banter thread, think of poor Mike *volt* and his issues with the cigars here. :ss

Volt
01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
It's all good.... That fact my thread may have contributed to a cigar war is pleasing to me :)

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
It's all good.... That fact my thread may have contributed to a cigar war is pleasing to me :)

:r:r:D

Does it help with all the bad cigars you tried?

Killjoy
01-20-2009, 11:24 AM
what were we talking about again..cigars....uh..yeah..so last night I had a wonderful litlle 3 dollar dominican...churchill size...

Volt
01-20-2009, 12:13 PM
:r:r:D

Does it help with all the bad cigars you tried?

Yep :) Today I snagged a Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series Cameroon.... tasty, smooth, and a known cigar.

zmancbr
01-20-2009, 12:25 PM
Yep :) Today I snagged a Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series Cameroon.... tasty, smooth, and a known cigar.

Thats good then... :ss

I like the perdomo cabinet series... good sticks.