PDA

View Full Version : One of The WORST days I've had...

Emjaysmash
01-17-2009, 08:23 PM
So its starts out with my lil bro and I trying to go to the movies. Well that never happened because there was line coming out the door of the damn place and the parking lot was full, including the adjacent lots. So we decide to go to Circuit City and Barnes and Noble. That goes fine, until I walk out to the parking lot and find the bumper of my fathers car is thrashed. No one left a note, it was a hit and run.

Now I'm thoroughly pissed off, so I decide to go home and have a little herf with my cigar buddies down at our local bar/restuarant. I figured a nice cigar will help me relax and cool off. Apparently not. We're in the middle of hanging out when a man comes over. "Put those F***ing stogies out, they stink!"
My friends told him "Ok" becuase I was too livid to even talk at this point.

We of course (by my command), kept smoking. Now, I'm the kind of guy who doesnt like conflict. If he had calmly walked over to us and asked politely, I actually might have considered it.

Needless to say, he was belligerent, and I am livid.

Worst.Day.Ever.

theonlybear4CORT
01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
wow, sorry you had a crappy day.

webjunkie
01-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Man if I'd had a day like that and a jerk asked me to put out my cigar like that I probably would have shoved up his a**.

Sucks about the bad day. I think you showed amazing restraint.

lightning9191
01-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear man....at least you didn't end up in jail.

Ace$nyper
01-17-2009, 08:33 PM
That sucks.

Sorry to hear about that, hit and runs are the WORST!

People who gripe about smoke in places where smoking is allowed tend to make me chuckle, even more so when they smoke a cig and gripe. I can understand not finding the humor in it after your day.

But day's almost over hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better for you :)

theonlybear4CORT
01-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Man if I'd had a day like that and a jerk asked me to put out my cigar like that I probably would have shoved up his a**.

make sure its a nub :D

Whee
01-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Shoulda told him to move down here where you CAN'T enjoy a nice smoke with your buddies in a bar.:fl

SIMPLIFIED
01-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I am sorry to hear of the bad day but on a happy note if that is one of the worst days in your life you are doing pretty damn good.:D

Prefy
01-17-2009, 08:48 PM
I feel for ya MJ I hope you cigar tasted alright.

hotreds
01-17-2009, 08:49 PM
Hope tomorrow improves! Hang with 'em, bro'!

Cyanide
01-17-2009, 08:51 PM
That's a sucking day.

I got lucky today, in retrospect.

I was driving my daughter (4 years old) to indoor soccer today. Approaching an intersection where we are staring straight into the sun (In North Western Canada this time of year, the sun is so low that it never seems to rise too high in the sky, thus its always in your face). Further, its icey so I am taking it slow. I gradually come to a stop at the beginning of the red light. To my right a suburban-style supersized SUV goes flying by, skids into my lane...missing my tiny toyota echo by less than an inch I would estimate (super close), goes up on two tires, recovers, slides sideways through the intersection, jumps the meridian 150+ feet down the road, just fitting between two trees in the meridian, into oncoming traffic, spins around and comes to a rest. The woman inside shakes it off, puts the SUV in drive and drives away.

Had that thing hit my little car, my daughter and I would not have survived. My wife would have been a widow. I think the vehicle must have been approaching the intersection (that was obviously going to change to red soon, and in adverse conditions) at 100km/h, highway speeds. Had I been even a little less cautious (which is my usual pattern of behaviour), it would have been a disaster.

So all I can do is be thankful.

Cheers

Cyanide

hotreds
01-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Yikes! Someone was looking out for YOU, my friend!

Zoomschwortz
01-17-2009, 09:07 PM
That's a sucking day.

I got lucky today, in retrospect.

I was driving my daughter (4 years old) to indoor soccer today. Approaching an intersection where we are staring straight into the sun (In North Western Canada this time of year, the sun is so low that it never seems to rise too high in the sky, thus its always in your face). Further, its icey so I am taking it slow. I gradually come to a stop at the beginning of the red light. To my right a suburban-style supersized SUV goes flying by, skids into my lane...missing my tiny toyota echo by less than an inch I would estimate (super close), goes up on two tires, recovers, slides sideways through the intersection, jumps the meridian 150+ feet down the road, just fitting between two trees in the meridian, into oncoming traffic, spins around and comes to a rest. The woman inside shakes it off, puts the SUV in drive and drives away.

Had that thing hit my little car, my daughter and I would not have survived. My wife would have been a widow. I think the vehicle must have been approaching the intersection (that was obviously going to change to red soon, and in adverse conditions) at 100km/h, highway speeds. Had I been even a little less cautious (which is my usual pattern of behaviour), it would have been a disaster.

So all I can do is be thankful.

Cheers

Cyanide

Good to hear the great news!

My friends son was not as lucky last month. About all that can be said is he never knew what hit him.

The 6 teenagers that hit him broadside, at 83 miles per hour (about 133 km/h), at night, with their lights off, in a 25 mph zone, ran to the local mall and called the big suv in as stolen.

Take care and keep safe.
Ken

thebandit23
01-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Yeah MJ, that was a pretty sucky time. I think you and I could have taken him, though... Especially if we had waited for him to finish a few more drinks...

Emjaysmash
01-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Yeah MJ, that was a pretty sucky time. I think you and I could have taken him, though... Especially if we had waited for him to finish a few more drinks...

ha. thanks bro

acruce
01-18-2009, 12:30 PM
Keep your head up.Today will be a better day I'm sure

totallytentative
01-18-2009, 12:31 PM
Wow.... both amazing stories for completely different reasons!

Hope you have an UNEVENTFUL day today Emjaysmash.

Emjaysmash
01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
Wow.... both amazing stories for completely different reasons!

Hope you have an UNEVENTFUL day today Emjaysmash.

Actually I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time in a month today...I'm hoping it will be QUITE eventful! :tu

jcruse64
01-18-2009, 01:29 PM
EM,

any chance they had security cams outside of those businesses that might have caught the hit-n-run??

Joe

lenguamor
01-18-2009, 02:13 PM
Sorry, Em. Just make your mind up to have a great day today.

lightning9191
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Actually I'm going to see my girlfriend for the first time in a month today...I'm hoping it will be QUITE eventful! :tu

You don't have to give us the update about that when you get back...

Genetic Defect
01-18-2009, 06:24 PM
You don't have to give us the update about that when you get back...

wouldnt it be funny if she....

Guitarman-S.T-
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
So its starts out with my lil bro and I trying to go to the movies. Well that never happened because there was line coming out the door of the damn place and the parking lot was full, including the adjacent lots. So we decide to go to Circuit City and Barnes and Noble. That goes fine, until I walk out to the parking lot and find the bumper of my fathers car is thrashed. No one left a note, it was a hit and run.

Now I'm thoroughly pissed off, so I decide to go home and have a little herf with my cigar buddies down at our local bar/restuarant. I figured a nice cigar will help me relax and cool off. Apparently not. We're in the middle of hanging out when a man comes over. "Put those F***ing stogies out, they stink!"

We of course (by my command), kept smoking. Now, I'm the kind of guy who doesnt like conflict. If he had calmly walked over to us and asked politely, I actually might have considered it.

Worst.Day.Ever.

**** bro- Let me know when you want to herf it up man, i cannot wait to meet ya buddy, Your to nice of a guy for this **** to have happened to ya :fl

If it makes ya feel better- I HAVE YET TO SMOKE A CIGAR and Fully Enjoy it... Sense i was still in vegas at my own place.. so.. what... going on 2 months?

Blueface
01-19-2009, 06:15 AM

Worst.Day.Ever.

Sorry to hear about it.
Certainly not a lucky day to say the least.
On the flip side, write it off as a very eventful day if that is amongst the worst days you have ever had.
You are very fortunate.

Genetic Defect
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I wish some of my good days were this "bad"