PDA

View Full Version : La Floridita Limited

borndead1
01-15-2009, 10:16 PM
For some reason, I dig deeper into the depths of my humidors when I am broke. Found this cigar while digging through a box of assorted maduros.

Size: FAT ASS robusto. Now I remember why I forgot about these cigars. They have a RG of 60. Just not a size that sits comfortably between my teeth. Looking at the whole line, the smallest RG is 52, but it's a churchill (too long for me). It's a shame, too, because this is a really great blend.

It has a distinct amaretto or sweet liquor type flavor that I've only experienced with a handful of cigars. I can taste it on the draw and nose exhale. The finish has a tart, charred wood flavor.

Lots of subtle flavor changes throughout the smoke. With this much tobacco packed into 1 cigar, you're bound to get a variety of flavors and aromas. Burn is a bit crooked but not bad enough to need correction.

Great smoke, fantastic blend. I gotta give it up to Famous Smoke Shop. They really have a lot of outstanding house blend cigars that are easy on the wallet. I wish they made the La Floridita Limited in smaller sizes.

dccraft
01-16-2009, 05:57 AM
I've had a bundle of their regular maduros and they are very tasty for the price. In fact I kinda use them as my "everyday" maddy in the summer. By your description it looks as if there is a richer flavor profile on the Limited blend. I may have to break down and try these. Thanks for the review.

bigheadmark
11-16-2009, 09:00 AM
the la floridita limited are excellent!!! got some in a jet black sampler from FSS...

kelmac07
11-16-2009, 01:00 PM
These are very nice with some rest on them. Thanks for sharing. :tu

bigheadmark
10-19-2010, 03:33 PM
someone please do a La Floridita Fuerte review!

borndead1
10-20-2010, 04:24 PM
someone please do a La Floridita Fuerte review!

Buy me a box and I'd be happy to! :D

Hehehe...I've been eyeing these as well. The customer reviews are pretty good. I may try to snag a box or sampler next time they come up on auction. Also wanna try the Nesticos (not the Organica cigarillos, a separate blend).