PDA

View Full Version : Need some help...what would you do:

smitdavi
01-14-2009, 02:23 PM
wow...So get this:

The rental property that we rent from hadn't cashed our rent checks yet, which is a $1,000 from last month including our pet depo for Dante. Thought this was weird, hell they usually cash our checks right away. So we called them today and asked if there was a problem with the checks and why they hadn't cashed them yet. They then asked us when and where we dropped off the check. We told them same day same place as the prior 7 months. Then you could tell this light went off in their head....Oh we've moved (which we never got any notification about), and that would explain why we haven't been receiving alot of renter checks from last month. Ended up asking them a few more questions before ending the conversation...The main one being if we were going to be charged a late fee for their stupidity? She said she didn't know and would be calling us back. Pretty sure if they charge us a late fee I'm going straight to the BBB. What would you guys do?

Ace$nyper
01-14-2009, 02:27 PM
If they honestly didn't let you know, that's on them, not you, if the sent out info and mailers etc then I'd say you.

But hearing so many others had that happen as well, and not that I'd doubt a BOTL is being honest sure as heck sounds like they didn't *I factored in maybe PO missing just you with a flier*

So sounds like them charging you would be unfair.

smitdavi
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
Yeah we went back through all of our mail and everything and couldn't find mention of it anywhere...hell we even checked their website and it still has their old address.

14holestogie
01-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I'm not sure I'd worry about it. They don't have any basis to charge you a late fee if you delivered the check to their old address because you weren't notified of a change. If the BBB needs to get involved, they aren't very good business-persons. Common sense.

MedicCook
01-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Did they say if they can get access to you already written check or are you going to have to put a stop on it? If it they failed to update you on the office address change then they should also be required to reimburse you for any stoppage fee your bank my impose on to you.

smitdavi
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Did they say if they can get access to you already written check or are you going to have to put a stop on it? If it they failed to update you on the office address change then they should also be required to reimburse you for any stoppage fee your bank my impose on to you.

No they can still get to the check. So that's not a problem

icehog3
01-14-2009, 02:43 PM
I just wouldn't pay it, David....tell 'em to sue you for the fee. ;)