PDA

View Full Version : Convection microwave?

mmblz
01-08-2009, 01:49 PM
I've never had one. Someone please tell me about them...
Can it cook just like a regular oven, or is it not that simple?

goalie204
01-08-2009, 01:53 PM
its a combo of a microwave and a convection oven, it cooks quick like a mic, but it can come out crispy like an oven (if crispy s what yer going for)

I was lookin at them for fun, but i'm fine with my normal mic

N2Advnture
01-08-2009, 02:11 PM
have a brand new one and never used the convection part

i am planning on doing lasagna and garlic bread next monday, so i'll let you know

from the manual, you can use it as a microwave, a convection oven or both at the same time.

Should be interesting

mmblz
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
have a brand new one and never used the convection part

i am planning on doing lasagna and garlic bread next monday, so i'll let you know

from the manual, you can use it as a microwave, a convection oven or both at the same time.

Should be interesting

I've never used a convection oven either!
:r

Ace$nyper
01-08-2009, 02:25 PM
I love having one, it's a mic when you want it
an oven when you want.

I have a real oven too but this is a lot faster for little things. Works well enough. I'd never do a meal on it being picky but warming up pizza, tater tots etc it's grand.

mmblz
01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
anyone else?

can you make toast in it?

N2Advnture
01-12-2009, 10:47 AM
just cooked lasagna and garlic bread in the new convection oven....it sucked :)

It didn't seem to cook it any differently than microwaving. Garlic bread read wasn't crispy and the lasagna tasted reheated.

Won't be using it again for actually cooking anything LOL!

I hope this helps

~Mark

RGD.
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
In addition to installing a new oven that does convection - we also installed one of the microwave/convection combination's. Reason for this was to keep my wife from insisting on a double oven that she would only use once or twice a year.

So this year at Thanksgiving, Christmas - she was able to put the metal racks in the microwave and use it as a warming oven while cooking in the main oven. In addition I installed a regular microwave in the pantry. So she has options.

So the verdict from here is: She likes it - but nobody in the house uses it to actually cook anything as far as I know. She does however use the main oven on the convection setting at times since she figured it out - and it works great as far as I can tell.

Personally I haven't used it nor the new oven - haven't figured them out yet - LOL

Ron