PDA

View Full Version : Distilled Water No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TDK08
01-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Quick question guys. Ive been using a cigar oasis for years now but the other night i filled it up with about 10 - 15 ml or so of TAP water!!! This was by mistake as i have one bottle marked distilled and the other tap and i picked up the tap water by mistake.

I know over time tap water can clog your hygrometer and taint your stogies opening up the possibility of mold, i have never had mold before and store at 65% Rh and 67F. Will this ruin my stogs? I have topped it up with distilled water today but has the damage been done :(:(

TDK08
01-07-2009, 02:08 AM
4 views and no posts? .. any help? :(

bobarian
01-07-2009, 02:24 AM
No worries bro. The biggest problem with using tap water comes from regular use. One time should not be a problem. The small amount of impurities should not clog your Oasis.

TDK08
01-07-2009, 02:31 AM
No worries bro. The biggest problem with using tap water comes from regular use. One time should not be a problem. The small amount of impurities should not clog your Oasis.

Thanks man, i feel better now, still stupid but better :ss
:r

Snake Hips
01-07-2009, 02:36 AM
Thanks man, i feel better now, still stupid but better :ss
:r
Haha, we all freak about our shite when we're getting started. It's a one-time diddly, don't worry about it; it won't taint your stoge's, clog your Oasis or cause mold :tu

TDK08
01-07-2009, 02:40 AM
Haha, we all freak about our shite when we're getting started. It's a one-time diddly, don't worry about it; it won't taint your stoge's, clog your Oasis or cause mold :tu

haha yeah id agree but i been into stogies since early 04' , not a vet by any means but a rookie mistake indeed.

A buying splurge is round the corner soon, lucky im single right now or with the money i been spending lately id lose my favorite winky :ss
:D

Footbag
01-07-2009, 06:39 AM
I'll back up the 1st opinion. No worries if it only happened once. Continued use is the problem.

ucla695
01-07-2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't sweat using tap water once. It's over an extended period of time that it can produce less than desirable results.

Hawk6815
01-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Keep an eye on your reservoir. While I was vacationing over Christmas, my house sitter used tap water. This is what the worst one looks like now. Maybe it's plume?:r

Got two tanks on the way to replace these.

Will

karmaz00
01-07-2009, 12:11 PM
keep an eye on it....but i think your ok... i think you should be worried if you use the tap water all the time... i think this once wont make a big deal

TDK08
01-07-2009, 03:13 PM
thanks for all the responses guys

jjirons69
01-07-2009, 04:46 PM
One question...what's the hardness of your tap water? My tap water is very soft (< 1 dH) and has no alkalinity (< 1 dK). It's pretty much as close to DI as you can get. The minerals in the tap water is what plagues your setup. Crusty stuff builds up when the water evaporates. Tap water is void of that and leaves practically no residue. For my beads, I use tap water (> 1 year). Still clear and white and holds 65% on the dot. If anything, the chloramine in the water kills any "stuff" growing in it. YMMV.

TDK08
01-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Good to know, we have pretty decent water here, not hard by any means.