PDA

View Full Version : Hard to believe I have not smoked since 1/1/09

Blueface
01-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I know some of you live in frozen tundras that prevent you from smoking but this is a rarity for me given our weather in South Florida.
The past few months, I had been smoking anywhere from two cigars a day to as much as three.
Rare was the day I had only one.
Non-existent was the day I had none (with the exception of a few days when I caught the brunt of the cold).

New Year's Day was my last one.
Not really sure what happened to me.
In part, a reality check of some sort.
In part, I felt my chest bothered due to having a lingering cold that just won't go away.
Wife has been going through the same thing as a few folks I know.
Must be a new "lingering" flu.
Every once in a while, my chest tightens, feels like Bronchitis all over again as when I was a kid and just messes up my day.

Now I feel like I have to be like the Tootsie Roll commercial (how many licks before you get to the center of a tootsie roll pop - for you young ones that never saw that).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fGTUFqPJo4

I feel a challenge to see how long I can go without a cigar.
Still not sure why.
So far, the answer is 5 days.

shilala
01-06-2009, 10:13 AM
I have some sort of weird "switch". I smoke a lot, then I all of a sudden forget I want a cigar. Then I start wanting one and don't work it in for a while. Then when I finally have one, it's orgasmic.
I have no idea what it's about, I just roll with it. :)

Jbailey
01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
That's ok Carlos. In the last month+ I only smoked 1 day and I had 2 cigars that day. Just between being sick and just not feeling like it. Hopefully I get one in with my dad before I leave.

Lucky_Hippo
01-06-2009, 10:56 AM
I have some sort of weird "switch". I smoke a lot, then I all of a sudden forget I want a cigar. Then I start wanting one and don't work it in for a while. Then when I finally have one, it's orgasmic.
I have no idea what it's about, I just roll with it. :)

Okay. Everyone stay away from Scotts cigars with "plume". :r j/k

I actually go through the same phases.

Asher
01-06-2009, 11:03 AM
I've only had one cigar and half a bowl of Haddo's Delight since December 19th. Why? Well, these guys (Dexter and Maxwell) were born on the 19th, and it's been a bit hectic here (in a good way!).

(The Wisconsin cold doesn't make it easy to grab a quick smoke, either.)

smokeyandthebandit05
01-06-2009, 11:08 AM
I havent had a real cigar since....um....the late summer. Ive been reduced to backwoods cause I dont want to be outside for and hour+. The cold doesnt really bother me, I just dont feel like getting bundled up. I miss the days of waking up, choosing what I want to smoke that morning. I would walk outside with something to drink, my cutter, lighter and some magazine still in my lounging pants and t shirt. During this time I would have a steak of somethin on the grill and for that 1-2 hours nothing in the world mattered. Now that its winter Im reduced to backwoods and sometimes freezing my nuts off and counting the days till its warm again. God I miss real cigars but atleast they're getting some age!

Scottw
01-06-2009, 11:41 AM
I havent had a real cigar since....um....the late summer. Ive been reduced to backwoods cause I dont want to be outside for and hour+. The cold doesnt really bother me, I just dont feel like getting bundled up. I miss the days of waking up, choosing what I want to smoke that morning. I would walk outside with something to drink, my cutter, lighter and some magazine still in my lounging pants and t shirt. During this time I would have a steak of somethin on the grill and for that 1-2 hours nothing in the world mattered. Now that its winter Im reduced to backwoods and sometimes freezing my nuts off and counting the days till its warm again. God I miss real cigars but atleast they're getting some age!

Smokey, might have to hit Jacks for the Giant's game on Sunday.

AdamC
01-06-2009, 11:53 AM
I haven't had one in almost 2 weeks. I grabbed a Fonseca but never got to it.

smokeyandthebandit05
01-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Smokey, might have to hit Jacks for the Giant's game on Sunday.

Ive been thinkin of headin over there for a while. I may be home in time to swing by. Im comin home from Rochester sunday. If I get home in time I'll shoot u a PM

Footbag
01-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I had a cold since Christmas, and Monday was my first smoke in two weeks. I felt better by NYE, but had some odd residual chest congestion. I actually went on a Z-pack because I thought i was getting bronchitis.

But now, I'm back and smoking.

newcigarz
01-06-2009, 12:25 PM
Carlos I have not smoked since the day after we met Ji. Same thing that is going around all over the place. I am really looking forward to a smoke.

Blueface
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Don't know if I should say "glad I am not alone".

It is just very weird for me to not smoke in 5 days and actually, I feel fine right now.
Just scared to light up and have that bronchial stuff back.

To think that about three years ago, I was a one to two cigars a weekend smoker.
I would put them away until the next weekend.
Then, I added "Wednesdays" as a mid hump point.
Then what the heck, add the rest of the days in between.
Then, double it up to two or three a day.

I think I over did it and this is something long coming.
I really need to get back to that weekend smoker bit and control the urge.

Asher
01-06-2009, 01:22 PM
To think that about three years ago, I was a one to two cigars a weekend smoker.
I would put them away until the next weekend.
Then, I added "Wednesdays" as a mid hump point.
Then what the heck, add the rest of the days in between.
Then, double it up to two or three a day.

In the summer, I smoke almost daily. Maybe 4-5 cigars a week on average. In the coldest part of the winter, I smoke 1 a week if I'm lucky.

BroncoHorvath
01-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I hear ya, I've been sick since new years eve and that's the last cigar I had... I can't wait to get better so I could enjoy a good one... I also usually have 2 per weekday and 3-4 on Saturday and Sunday....

rizzle
01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
I've only had one cigar and half a bowl of Haddo's Delight since December 19th. Why? Well, these guys (Dexter and Maxwell) were born on the 19th, and it's been a bit hectic here (in a good way!).

(The Wisconsin cold doesn't make it easy to grab a quick smoke, either.)
That's awesome bro! I just had twin girls on Dec 2nd so I know the hectic part. They look like a couple of little fellas in the pic, how much did they weigh?

And congrats!!

Asher
01-06-2009, 01:47 PM
That's awesome bro! I just had twin girls on Dec 2nd so I know the hectic part. They look like a couple of little fellas in the pic, how much did they weigh?

And congrats!!

The bigger one was 5 lbs 10 ounces, and the little one was 4 lb 6 ounces. Fortunately, they're gaining weight quickly and doing well.

Congrats to you too! I was shocked when I found out that we were expecting twins, but now I can't imagine it differently. :D

neoflex
01-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Wow, I see there are a lot of us in the same boat. I smoked my first ever Diamond Crown Maximus on Friday afternoon when I had to shoot into the office and I honestly thought it was horrible and thought about chucking it a few times but struggled through it. Saturday afternoon I started to feel like I was hit by a Freight Train so I am guessing that more than likely that was the reason but I have not had a smoke since than being I still feel like crap. I'm hoping I feel better by the weekend but it looks highly unlikely. Why is it when your sick, you seem to crave a smoke the most?

troutbreath
01-06-2009, 05:35 PM
12/19/08. Nothing since that morning. I've been around family for the holidays ever since. I'm traveling now, but I'm in the one area where I don't have a go-to B&M or bar to enjoy a stick . . . and it's COLD outside.

groogs
01-06-2009, 05:36 PM
I know how you feel, I have not had a smoke in 9 days. I have been sick, but I think I am feeling good enough to smoke one tonight. I have a few new boxes that I have been dying to break open.

Blueface
01-06-2009, 06:09 PM
Well, in spite of urges and ample opportunities today, as I worked from my patio and the weather was not a factor, I held off for day 5.
Tomorrow, day 6 will be the next challenge.

MNSmoker
01-06-2009, 06:59 PM
I am one of those living in the frozen tundra, and I haven't had an opportunity to smoke a cigar in a week and a half. I'm going to try my hardest to try and fit one in sometime this week.

Bubba - NJ
01-06-2009, 07:52 PM
I'm right here with the rest of you chest congestion guys . Had it for 2 weeks before Christmas and thought it was gone , 3 cigars around the holiday . The following Monday after I woke up , felt like I had cinder blocks on my chest and 10lbs of cotton jammed up my nose . Been coughing and hacking ever since , just wont go away . I think a Z-pack might treat me right . To all those affected , Get well soon , to the others , enjoy your smokes .

neoflex
01-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Well, in spite of urges and ample opportunities today, as I worked from my patio and the weather was not a factor, I held off for day 5.
Tomorrow, day 6 will be the next challenge.
Now your just bragging!:r:D