PDA

View Full Version : Cheroots?

dave
04-19-2018, 02:02 PM
SMOKING CAMPER's thread about Firecrackers got me remembering another DPG LE, his Icepick.
Empire Cigars in Raleigh (closed now, I guess?) had exclusive cheroots from both Pepin and Litto. Both were tremendous little cigars, especially, the LFD. Googling a bit indicates that there was a small follow-on (related or same?) production by Litto, N.A.S., but that seems long gone, too.

I have exactly one LFD Icepick on my unicorn shelf...and zero DPG's. Does anyone know of any little lijero bombs like those that are made today? They were strong cigars, but incredibly tasty. IIRC the Pepin was a little more one-dimensional; the LFD, complex as could be for its size.

SMOKING CAMPER
04-19-2018, 03:47 PM
I've searched high & low for those Fire-Crackers with no luck. It was a great smoke.

kelmac07
04-19-2018, 08:49 PM
Dave...LFD made a stick called N.A.S. that was straight ligero. About the same size as the Icepick and carried a hell of a punch. Not sure if they still make them, but sure that can still be found. I know I smoked through a box real fast. :2

I see that Best Cigar Prices still has them for about $ 130 a box for 20 sticks.
https://www.bestcigarprices.com/cigar-directory/la-flor-dominicana-cigars/lfd-n.a.s.-227702/

dave
04-20-2018, 07:13 AM
Thanks, Mac. I think I'll grab some...little steep for the size, but if they're as good as the Icepick, they'll be worth it.

kelmac07
04-20-2018, 11:58 PM
Thanks, Mac. I think I'll grab some...little steep for the size, but if they're as good as the Icepick, they'll be worth it.

I had a few Icepicks, many moons ago, and enjoyed them as much as the N.A.S.