PDA

View Full Version : New TV...

CigarNut
11-06-2017, 10:37 AM
I bought my last TV around 2005 (I'm old, so I don't remember exactly when). At that time 4K TVs had been out for a bit, but there was not much content, and they were out of my price range anyway.

I got a nice 1080p LG and it served me well, and is now serving my son and his wife well.

This time around I decided to go with a 4K OLED TV (Sony Bravia). I liked the look of it in the store and the sale price was in my ballpark. Recently, my wife and I started watching some of our TV series and movies and we were astonished with the picture quality!

It is amazing. The 4K+OLED combination is still pricey, but I'm glad I did it.

The Poet
11-06-2017, 11:30 AM
OLED seems the best way to go these days. But aside from the price I am disturbed that they only make larger screens of 50" or more. Why not smaller and more affordable options in the 32"-40" range? Were they available this might increase the sales and demand, and thus reduce the cost for all sizes and people.

mosesbotbol
11-06-2017, 12:49 PM
OLED seems the best way to go these days. But aside from the price I am disturbed that they only make larger screens of 50" or more. Why not smaller and more affordable options in the 32"-40" range? Were they available this might increase the sales and demand, and thus reduce the cost for all sizes and people.

Very few it seems are buying under 40" at any technology level.

johnbljr
11-06-2017, 01:28 PM
Nice. I'm still a few years out on getting a new TV.