PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Monster Prices Recently

mahtofire14
06-04-2017, 05:27 PM
Anyone else feel like the prices at CM aren't really deals anymore? They have a fiver of Camacho Ttiple Maduro Robustos for $42. Am I missing something here? That can't be right.

Tio Gato
06-04-2017, 05:36 PM
Looks that way. Regular Famous price is $3.01 more. Not much of a discount. Cigar Page regular price is only 35.00.

TXRebel
06-05-2017, 08:49 AM
Atlantic (http://www.atlanticcigar.com/All-Cigars/Camacho-Triple-Maduro-Bold-Robusto.asp) $22.95

dave
06-05-2017, 10:00 AM
Agree with above.

In fact, maybe just me, but NC deals have evaporated all over the interwebs. I blame a bunch of things:
-conglomerates and reduced competition
-FDA rules, fears, pending rules, etc.
-Cuban cigars are coming to the US legal market...IDK when, but it is going to happen and I would not be surprised if NC retailers and wholesalers are looking to increase margins out front
-MAP and MSRP; MFR price fixing is affecting the entire NC market, I believe

mahtofire14
06-05-2017, 04:12 PM
Agree with above.

In fact, maybe just me, but NC deals have evaporated all over the interwebs. I blame a bunch of things:
-conglomerates and reduced competition
-FDA rules, fears, pending rules, etc.
-Cuban cigars are coming to the US legal market...IDK when, but it is going to happen and I would not be surprised if NC retailers and wholesalers are looking to increase margins out front
-MAP and MSRP; MFR price fixing is affecting the entire NC market, I believe

:bh

RevSmoke
06-06-2017, 08:30 AM
I NEVER really thought that Cigar Monster prices were ever that good. They would throw something up on the Monster, and I'd check a couple other sites, and the monster price was invariable higher than at least 1 or 2 other sites.

All Famous was ever good for were their own Nicaraguan Selection blends. And then, those kind of petered out in regard to quality.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

mahtofire14
06-06-2017, 02:33 PM
I NEVER really thought that Cigar Monster prices were ever that good. They would throw something up on the Monster, and I'd check a couple other sites, and the monster price was invariable higher than at least 1 or 2 other sites.

All Famous was ever good for were their own Nicaraguan Selection blends. And then, those kind of petered out in regard to quality.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

I used to find some decent deals back when it had just started. But it's gotten to be a joke lately. Todd I agree Famous has never really done much for me either. Along with their auction site as well.

Don Fernando
06-08-2017, 04:44 AM
Agree with above.

Not for a few more years Dave, too many legal issues and not even considering the Trump administration ready to turn the decisions Obama made on Cuba back to a full embargo again.

A few brand names are owned by Altadis, Altadis is also 50% owner of Habanos, those brands won't be an issue but General Cigars owns a few too, including Cohiba. They won't give those up without a fight. Then comes the copyright, for example Sanj's Smoke Shop owns the rights for the Cohiba logo (the yellow with the black & white squares), so that's another legal fight unless he accepts a huge offer from Habanos. Then there is the issue of Cuban tobacco only available to Habanos, that could be considered a monopoly, which is against USA regulations, so another fight/issue. Don't expect Cuban cigars legally on the US market any time soon.

mahtofire14
06-08-2017, 12:38 PM
Not for a few more years Dave, too many legal issues and not even considering the Trump administration ready to turn the decisions Obama made on Cuba back to a full embargo again.

A few brand names are owned by Altadis, Altadis is also 50% owner of Habanos, those brands won't be an issue but General Cigars owns a few too, including Cohiba. They won't give those up without a fight. Then comes the copyright, for example Sanj's Smoke Shop owns the rights for the Cohiba logo (the yellow with the black & white squares), so that's another legal fight unless he accepts a huge offer from Habanos. Then there is the issue of Cuban tobacco only available to Habanos, that could be considered a monopoly, which is against USA regulations, so another fight/issue. Don't expect Cuban cigars legally on the US market any time soon.

This is a good thing in my mind. All I see is lower quality to meet an incredibly large demand.

sigsauer
06-08-2017, 03:03 PM
Go atlantic!

oldforge
06-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Cigarpage has killer deals now and then--and don't forget to check the Holts clearance section and daily deals.

As mentioned here Atlantic also has some excellent deals from time to time.

If CI and Cigarmonster don't want to play well with others that is their call.

The deals can be found--with a bit of patience.

Porch Dweller
06-12-2017, 09:42 AM
There are usually only a few brands I find on the Monster with savings enough to get them, some Perdomo and Undercrown for example. I did score a box of Nortenos a few weeks ago for over 25% off.

Sonic04GT
09-02-2017, 11:45 AM
I've been out of cigars for quite some time but trying to pick it up a little more often with a co-worker.

With that being said, a couple days ago I grabbed a fiver of Oliva Serie V for $26 shipped off CM. That's a good deal, right?

Keeping my eyes open now for some Undercrown robustos.

Alpedhuez55
09-06-2017, 11:15 AM
There are usually only a few brands I find on the Monster with savings enough to get them, some Perdomo and Undercrown for example. I did score a box of Nortenos a few weeks ago for over 25% off.

Cigar Bid seems to be putting up a lot of lots of Nortenos in both boxes and fivers. I got a box of Bellicoso Fino for $52 a couple of weeks back as well as a fiver of the same for $25. They have the larger sizes as well.

I have had luck on Camacho's there too with fivers of the American Barrel Aged for $20-25. Camachos there never seem to get close to retail. Bidding is just a pain.

Cigar monster deals are so so at best. Sometimes they have some good closeouts on the Famous site.

Alpedhuez55
09-07-2017, 01:15 PM
Cigar Bid seems to be putting up a lot of lots of Nortenos in both boxes and fivers. I got a box of Bellicoso Fino for $52 a couple of weeks back as well as a fiver of the same for $25. They have the larger sizes as well.

I have had luck on Camacho's there too with fivers of the American Barrel Aged for $20-25. Camachos there never seem to get close to retail. Bidding is just a pain.

Cigar monster deals are so so at best. Sometimes they have some good closeouts on the Famous site.

I post this yesterday and today I buy a box of 10 Herrera Estali Toro Tubos for $59. The fivers of toros were $29.42 at Cigar Page sale, so price wise it was a wash, but presentation wise, I will have the box and tubes.