PDA

View Full Version : Aerial death wish..... video of wingsuit base jump

mrreindeer
01-02-2009, 08:16 AM
http://thedanzatap.com/?p=1922

Freaking crazy! There was one part of the video that looked fake...but I think it's real.

Blueface
01-02-2009, 08:34 AM
I love the comments on the page.
Funny stuff.

Thrills aplenty, but isn’t this a little beyond the normal limit for a daredevil? When one of these guys dies are his friends and family going to call it a “tragic” accident, something that no one could foresee?

Is his girlfriend going to say, “one moment Bjorn’s here, talking and laughing and jumping off of cliffs in a wingsuit and the next thing you know he’s in three pieces on the side of a mountain…we’re all in shock…”

ucla695
01-02-2009, 08:36 AM
Freaking crazy is right. Now way, no how and no chance I would ever do that. Kinda brings adrenaline junky to a different level.

av8tor152d
01-02-2009, 08:36 AM
And people tell me I am crazy, sorry but with my knowledge of flying ect, all it would take is a wind sheer of the smallest amount and these guys would kiss the wall of that cliff. No thanks .. But it does look cool...

mrreindeer
01-02-2009, 08:38 AM
:r:r:r:r

I love this guy's site but he's not for the faint of heart, easily offended, folks with little to no sense of humor and those who don't appreciate the female form in very little clothing....so browse the main site with caution. I merely posted the one page because of the amazing video.

mrreindeer
01-02-2009, 08:39 AM
And people tell me I am crazy, sorry but with my knowledge of flying ect, all it would take is a wind sheer of the smallest amount and these guys would kiss the wall of that cliff. No thanks .. But it does look cool...

Seriously! Did you see how freaking close that one dude got to the ground/face of the cliff??? NUTS!

av8tor152d
01-02-2009, 08:44 AM
Seriously! Did you see how freaking close that one dude got to the ground/face of the cliff??? NUTS!

IN mountain ranges like that winds are so unpredictable we avoid flying powered aircraft in them if possible, for that very reason. But hey it does continue to spark the adrenaline junkie in me.

mrreindeer
01-02-2009, 08:50 AM
IN mountain ranges like that winds are so unpredictable we avoid flying powered aircraft in them if possible, for that very reason.

Exactly! Why I thought at first it had to be fake. Should any one of 'em make contact with Earth, they'd end up looking like the graveyard that is my windshield...

Did you read Small Town Girl's comment?

av8tor152d
01-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Yeah I read the comment, although these days trying her advice can be just as dangerous as well....jumping off a cliff lol.

Cigary
01-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Incredible video,,,I read about these wingsuits and how manueverable they are. Not that I'd ever do something bat$hit crazy like that,,besides, there'd be so much dookie in that flight suit it would cause extreme flight fluctuations that it would cause control problems not to mention chafing!

RBOrrell
01-02-2009, 09:25 AM
Why do they bother wearing a helmet? It won't help them if/when they make contact with terra firma.

mrreindeer
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Incredible video,,,I read about these wingsuits and how manueverable they are. Not that I'd ever do something bat$hit crazy like that,,besides, there'd be so much dookie in that flight suit it would cause extreme flight fluctuations that it would cause control problems not to mention chafing!

:r:r:r

Why do they bother wearing a helmet? It won't help them if/when they make contact with terra firma.

Keeps the hair out of the eyes. :r:r:r