PDA

View Full Version : Sikaro Typhoon triple torch

Nazgul
01-20-2017, 04:07 PM
https://i.imgur.com/yIZ8nPv.jpg

Picked this off Amazon after coming across a review video of it. It really is a tank, that's all I can say so far. Looking forward to giving it a try tomorrow in above-freezing temperatures.

Remo
01-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Looks good, enjoy it :tu

Nazgul
01-20-2017, 04:30 PM
Looks good, enjoy it :tu

Thanks Remo, it will be my first torch lighter in many years

shilala
01-20-2017, 06:35 PM
I like it.
Nice pickup, brother!!! :tu

icehog3
01-20-2017, 11:40 PM
Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :tu

Nazgul
01-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Look forward to hearing a review tomorrow, and a follow up in a couple months. Always good to see how they work after a couple fillups. :tu

I always found that to be the issue with my torches in the past. They grew weaker and weaker with every refill... I use Ronson butane fuel but maybe I'll have to shell out for something a little cleaner

Yamasa
01-21-2017, 09:48 AM
See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.

Nazgul
01-21-2017, 10:26 AM
See if you can find a product called "Whip-It".
It is refined in S.Korea by the largest butane processor in the world.
It is also refined 9x. I put Ronson or Xigar in a lighter and I have to turn up the flame after using whip it, and vice versa.
It really is a noticeable improvement in burn, and it is usually cheaper that any of the others.

Also, as a side note, a product that falls right in between these 2 in terms of burn is Weller, which supplies butane for gas soldering devices. However it is not cheap.

Thanks for the tip. Doesn't look too pricey on Amazon, I will order a case if Ronson begins to fail me

Nazgul
01-21-2017, 01:51 PM
Righto. The debut performance of this lighter was a success, exceedingly so. I very quickly became aware of my unfamiliarity with the strength of a triple torch. The effectiveness of the built-in punch in the foot of the lighter turned it into an ideal all-in-one tool for cigar prep. After some quick fiddling I was able to get an even toast in about 3 seconds, which remained so throughout the entirety of the stick. The punch wasn't as sharp as I am used to, but a little more effort yielded the expected result.

So far, I like it very much.

icehog3
01-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Very good. :tu

Again, I'm awaiting your review after a couple months of regular use.

Nazgul
02-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro

Remo
02-07-2017, 12:24 PM
Sparker died after about a week of use. No answer from the company and I'm not holding my breath. I picked up a Regal triple torch with a lifelong warranty instead. Take a pass on the Sikaro

That's too bad, thanks for the test though.

longknocker
02-07-2017, 02:33 PM
Sorry It Didn't Work Out.;s Another Reason For Always Buying Xikar With Their Lifetime, "No Questions Asked", Warranty!:tu

Nazgul
02-08-2017, 09:19 AM
That's the way she goes. It's a pertty paperweight at least

AdamJoshua
02-08-2017, 12:15 PM
Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/717DI%2Bv-3OL._SY679_.jpg

Nazgul
02-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Too bad about the lighter, on amazon you can just tell them it's crap and you want to return it and at least you'll get your money back. A lot of the time Amazon doesn't even want the time back and they tell you to keep it.

That being said I'm a big fan of Ronson el'cheapo torch lighters that you can get for just under 4 bucks at Walmart.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/717DI%2Bv-3OL._SY679_.jpg

Thanks for the tip, I may try to get a refund for it. I've searched far and wide for those Ronson Jetlites (highly recommended elsewhere as well) but I'm afraid they aren't available in Canadian stores.

Nazgul
02-11-2017, 06:11 PM
I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good

AdamJoshua
02-12-2017, 09:35 AM
I redact my previous statements. Me, being the silly fool that I am, forgot the necessity of purging torch lighters. Once I did that, all is fine again. Jumped the gun a bit, I've corrected my amazon rating and will report back when she eventually dies for good

Well it's not like you dumped Gibson two weeks into the fantasy season. :bh

icehog3
02-12-2017, 09:51 AM

Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. ;s :r

Nazgul
02-12-2017, 10:47 AM
Excellent, talk to you in a couple weeks. ;s :r

:r:r Glad to have the team behind me with this one

Weelok
02-12-2017, 01:27 PM
I just use a Crème Brulee torch or culinary torch. I have cigar lighters and I hate them all. Finicky, can't stay clean, pain in the ass, small reservoir, pieces of crap. I still use them but my Crème Brulee torch works better then all cigar lighters :)

Nazgul
02-12-2017, 01:39 PM
I just use a Crème Brulee torch or culinary torch. I have cigar lighters and I hate them all. Finicky, can't stay clean, pain in the ass, small reservoir, pieces of crap. I still use them but my Crème Brulee torch works better then all cigar lighters :)

I am learning that as I continue to use torches. Doubtful I would purchase another in the future, once these die I'll probably just become a heretic and use an isobutane soft flame

icehog3
02-12-2017, 10:29 PM
:r:r Glad to have the team behind me with this one

Only because I've felt your pain buying torches in the past. Had a couple PB-207s that lasted years, but since then my luck sucks. I buy 10 Eagle torches on fleabay now for $13..... 4 probably won't work, 3 will work one fill, but the other 3 wll get me a few months each...so for $13 a year, I figure that's money well spent.

Nazgul
02-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Only because I've felt your pain buying torches in the past. Had a couple PB-207s that lasted years, but since then my luck sucks. I buy 10 Eagle torches on fleabay now for $13..... 4 probably won't work, 3 will work one fill, but the other 3 wll get me a few months each...so for $13 a year, I figure that's money well spent.

Well, I am relieved and slightly annoyed that this isn't an isolated issue. Oh well, live and learn

icehog3
02-12-2017, 10:36 PM
Well, I am relieved and slightly annoyed that this isn't an isolated issue. Oh well, live and learn

Except for supporting a friend's company, I haven't spent more than $2 for a torch in years.