PDA

View Full Version : New Aficionado Observations

Ripplingh2o
10-07-2016, 11:11 AM
Well, after retiring I decided to take up cigars as another means of relaxing since my (civilian) retirement. Seems nothing more relaxing than a cup of "joe" & a stogie. Currently I find the connecticuts wonderful and my favorites are the Oliva Connecticut Reserve, Alec Bradley American Classic Blend, Nub Conn 354 & 358, AF Chateau, and CAO Gold. Must say, the punch (cut) seems to work the best since the cap maintains its integrity throughout. Sure am learning much about premium cigars and look forward to developing & acquiring finer tastes. This forum is equally terrific. -(P

Buckeye Jack
10-07-2016, 11:55 AM
That was always the driving excitement for me with cigars.....trying new cigars, cutting methods, lighting methods, storage methods, meeting people who have the same desire....always learning something new and what my preferences were....its a great road to travel down! Great post!

Chainsaw13
10-07-2016, 12:10 PM
Welcome Robb, and thanks for your service :salute:

stearns
10-07-2016, 12:11 PM
It's a fun ride, enjoy it brother :tu

Zeavran1
10-07-2016, 02:51 PM
There's nothing like relaxing with a great smoke! Enjoy your retirement!

DBall
10-07-2016, 04:28 PM
I'd like to do an experiment with you... send me your address and I'll send you 3 blind cigars if you are willing to review them. I'll tell you what they are after your reviews.

Up for it? :D

Chainsaw13
10-07-2016, 05:00 PM
I'd like to do an experiment with you... send me your address and I'll send you 3 blind cigars if you are willing to review them. I'll tell you what they are after your reviews.

Nice! :tu

Do it Robb, you won't be disappointed.

mahtofire14
10-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Welcome Robb. Always nice to see another BOTL from MN here in the boards. We unfortunately, are few and far between. If you ever make it down to the cities and want to enjoy a cigar let me know.

Thanks for your service!

Skywalker
10-07-2016, 05:34 PM

Things just got serious!:jd

:adam

Ripplingh2o
10-07-2016, 09:45 PM

Thanks for the offer; always up for a challenge (or "experiment"). Ought to prove interesting. I'll post my reviews most ricky tick. PM sent. -(P

AdamJoshua
10-07-2016, 09:55 PM

Yes, yes I am. :D :lr

Welcome to the asylum, Robb!

DBall
10-09-2016, 06:48 PM
Yes, yes I am. :D :lr

Welcome to the asylum, Robb!

I always wanted to have a not so newb do it in unison. I think I have your address too... You seriously up for it? :tu

jonumberone
10-10-2016, 06:31 AM

Oh no, Dan had got his hooks into another one!
Robb, be prepared to rework that retirement budget, or at the least get a part time Job!

;s :adam :r

Ripplingh2o
10-10-2016, 09:29 AM
Oh no, Dan had got his hooks into another one!
Robb, be prepared to rework that retirement budget, or at the least get a part time Job!

;s :adam :r

Since discovering the "devil's site" I think picking up a couple applications might be in order. Their shipping savings program option is even more enticing. -(P
:D

jjirons69
10-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Robb, I sit here feeling for you! The Devil Site combined with this site is a proven humidor stocker. Enjoy the ride, you deserve it. BTW, next thing you know, you'll be trying different types of beans or even roasting your own. Hey, a man's gotta have things to do.

Thanks for your service!

CEC_Tech
10-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the Asylum!

DBall
10-11-2016, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the offer; always up for a challenge (or "experiment"). Ought to prove interesting. I'll post my reviews most ricky tick. PM sent. -(P

Just waiting on Adam to reply. Also, I have no idea what the hell ricky tick means.

Ripplingh2o
10-11-2016, 04:25 PM
Just waiting on Adam to reply. Also, I have no idea what the hell ricky tick means.

I (guess) my age or maybe military background is showing. Most ricky tick was common jargon used to express an immediate sense of urgency during the Vietnam War era. Not sure Adam thinks a reply is expected.

AdamJoshua
10-11-2016, 04:34 PM

I feel like my goat palate is being paraded around. :lr You're lucky it's Yom Kippur so I have to be nice :D

Well off to smoke a Ghurka Kidney Stunter

DBall
10-11-2016, 04:38 PM
I (guess) my age or maybe military background is showing. Most ricky tick was common jargon used to express an immediate sense of urgency during the Vietnam War era. Not sure Adam thinks a reply is expected.

Adam replied. It's on. I will get cigars together, take a pic and start a thread (like the other Blind Taste Tests I have conducted). This will be part 6.

:banger

Thanks for the explanation, too. :)

Ripplingh2o
10-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Looking forward to expanding my palate horizons then. :tu -(P