View Full Version : Oster 12 bottle Thermo-electric on Woot.com $69.99

tam
12-30-2008, 11:55 PM
Oster 12 Bottle Wine Cellar
$69.99 + $5 shipping
www.woot.com
http://enstxzrnsprxt.6hops.net/Oster_12_Bottle_Wine_Cellar_rjbStandard.jpg

Featured Cellar

As a frequent patron of the Internet’s greatest twice-weekly wine deal site, I’ve amassed a massive mass of bottlebound inebriants. My little glass friends roll in faster than I can drink them, which for me is saying something since I’ve already had two liver transplants, with a third scheduled for Fall 2009. And ever since my ferret tore up the styrofoam cooler that served as my “wine cellar”, I’ve had nowhere to store the bottles except on the floor of my garage.

Now, that works fine except when I run over them with my car. After three or four slashed tires and splattered Cabernets, I said to myself, “There has to be a better way.” So I embarked on six months of fevered, late-night invention sessions, of rigorous testing and meticulous engineering in search of the perfect wine storage unit. At the end of it all, I had created…a bigger styrofoam cooler.

Then somebody gave me the Oster 12 Bottle Wine Cellar for Christmas, and I was all, “Dag.” Because if I’d known this thing existed, I’d’ve skipped the Thomas Edison midnight-oil bit and just bought one. Would’ve saved a lot of time, and maybe my marriage. But hey, no use crying over spilled Liebfraumilch. Now I’m guzzling to the sweet sounds of the Oster 12 Bottle Wine Cellar, with its electric cooling system and five slide-out chrome shelves. And wherever my ex-wife is today, I bet her wine is further from optimal temperature than mine is. Justice tastes almost as sweet as a properly-stored wine.

Warranty: 90 Day Woot Limited Warranty
Authorized for SquareTrade Extended Warranty

Features:

* Holds 12 bottles of your favorite wines, so you can have a variety of bottles ready to serve
* Thermo-electric cooling system provides consistent cooling without harmful emissions
* Selectable temperature settings, great for storing any type of wine
* Smooth-touch blue LED electronic temperature controls
* Partially mirrored glass door provides a view of the wine collection
* 5 slide-out chrome shelves make it easy to view and select your bottle
* Exterior blue LED temperature display
* Interior LED light displays wine without affecting interior temperature
* Recessed door handle
* Height: 24”
* Width: 12”
* Depth: 20”
* Refrigerator Shelf Construction: Wired
* Temperature Control Type: Electric

In the box:

* Oster OW0912H6H 12 Bottle Wine Cellar
* User Manual

http://www.woot.com/

j-easy
12-31-2008, 12:04 AM
ouch, i really didnt need to see this......and its thermo electric. my bank is crying right now

j-easy
12-31-2008, 12:24 AM
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8390582/reviews.htm

ouch i guess this thing kinda sucks, breaks down etc.
i'll pass

icehog3
12-31-2008, 12:27 AM
http://reviews.bestbuy.com/3545/8390582/reviews.htm

ouch i guess this thing kinda sucks, breaks down etc.
i'll pass

Wow, LOTS of negative reviews.....

AD720
12-31-2008, 06:40 AM
I just came on to post this...for $75 I rolled the dice.

AD720
12-31-2008, 07:03 AM
I just came on to post this...for $75 I rolled the dice.

Wow. You guys weren't kidding...it's not just Best Buy's site that had really poor reviews. It is everywhere. Yikes.

tenbaseg
12-31-2008, 08:22 AM
I have one of these that's branded with a different name, but pretty much exactly the same. I won it in a golf tourney raffle.

It's pretty small and it definitely needs some sort of flat shelf to hold cigars. With it being narrow, it's tough to find something that will fit. I tried to use tupperware and it failed miserably because they were all too wide.

I fired mine up last summer and struggled to get the RH up high enough. I may try again this spring.

borndead1
12-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Guys...DO NOT use a 12 bottle wine fridge as a humidor.

1. They are too small (think about it :rolleyes:)
2. They have serious condensation issues. Whether the drain plug is opened or closed. Even with an Oust fan. They are just too small to get good airflow.

I started out with a 12 bottle fridgerdor and it almost ruined every cigar I had in it. I hadn't opened it for about 2 weeks and when I did, an awful stench hit me in the face. My beads had become soaked with water AND the box of cigars that was sitting on the bottom was wet. The sitting water had stagnated or something.

Get a 28 bottle or bigger, my friends. Trust me. :)

AD720
12-31-2008, 08:39 AM
I was planning on using it for wine, but I canceled my order anyway. I have been wanting one of the 6 bottle "desktop" style ones to fit on top of my beer fridge.

GKitty
12-31-2008, 08:42 AM
Thanks for putting up all the info, guys.

I was thinking about pulling the trigger, but it sounds like this particular unit will be more trouble than it's worth.

I'll just save up for something a lil more reliable.

acarr
12-31-2008, 09:26 AM
Reviews didn't look to good for this thing. It might need a grave in short order.

IndyRob
01-05-2009, 08:38 AM
I was planning on using it for wine, but I canceled my order anyway. I have been wanting one of the 6 bottle "desktop" style ones to fit on top of my beer fridge.

I could not figure out how to cancel my order. I guess I'll have to figure out how to make it work for me.