PDA

View Full Version : It has been a while

RevSmoke
06-21-2016, 03:54 PM
Well, I see it has been at least 7 months since my last visit to CA.

Someone did ask privately how I am doing, they were concerned because they had not seen me here in quite a while.

Well, there are no worries. I am doing well. Life has been crazy though, and sometimes certain things just need to be moved back on the priority list.

I will say that there are many here that I missed, and that was a byproduct of my decision to avoid the Asylum because I have a disease called CDD (Cigar Discussion Disorder), a cousin of CAD, PAD, & TAD. I can sit here and read thread after thread after thread, and all of a sudden 3-4 hours are just gone. Maybe it is a problem of self-control.

So, I simply stayed away.

I thought I'd drop in, say hello, and let you know I will be around - but less frequently.

One tidbit is that we sold the old "cabin" (really just a dilapidated mobile home) which was about 2.5 hours away, and bought a home to which we will retire. It is about 50 minutes away, and Pauline even enjoys going up there. It is, like the previous one, a "no internet zone," but that can be a blessing. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, split level ranch with an open concept dining/living room, spacious kitchen, rec room with a bar, 3-season room, 2-car attached garage, and a basement. So, if someone wants to come visit, y'all are welcome.

Selling and buying was a big part of why I have been absent.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough.

Looking forward to "talking" with old friends and maybe making some new ones.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

The Poet
06-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Todd! Great to hear from you! I was actually thinking about you just the other day, wondering what was up and how you are. Glad that things are fine.

Don't get hooked again, if that's what you want, but also don't be such a stranger either.

dijit
06-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Wow even without us you seem to have been a very busy man. Welcome back.

Ogre
06-21-2016, 04:13 PM
Welcome Home Brother

WhiteMamba
06-21-2016, 04:42 PM
Glad to hear from you brother!

Brlesq
06-21-2016, 04:43 PM
Great to see you back Todd! Best of luck on your new home!

icehog3
06-21-2016, 04:50 PM
Really good to "see" you, Todd, hope you will be at least an occasional family member.

MarkinAZ
06-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Well, I knew you were ok Todd, and just assumed you were taking a long breather... So,

I'm hearing a couple of things here: 1) we may just have a new place to herf in the "no internet" zone, and 2) a Sunday edition of the CA newsletter may be in order:r;)

Good to see you back Todd and Goooooooooooo Packers:tu

CigarNut
06-21-2016, 07:59 PM
Welcome back!

jjirons69
06-22-2016, 06:34 AM
Good to hear form you, Rev! Sounds like a sweet pad, glad your family is able to enjoy it without all these worldly things interfering. Stay in touch. Have a cigar. Read a thread. Repeat.

stearns
06-22-2016, 06:35 AM
Great to see ya around Todd

irratebass
06-22-2016, 07:03 AM
Welcome back Todd....glad to see you're doing well.

yourchoice
06-22-2016, 08:14 AM
Todd! Great to "see" you! Glad to hear things are going well and hope to "hear" from you a little more frequently. :)

massphatness
06-22-2016, 08:46 AM
Really good to hear from you, Todd!

Emjaysmash
06-22-2016, 09:58 AM
The Mooch misses ya, Todd! Nice to see your FB updates though

The Poet
06-22-2016, 11:14 AM
And where the Sheol have YOU been, MJ? :r

Emjaysmash
06-22-2016, 11:27 AM
And where the Sheol have YOU been, MJ? :r

Oh you know, here and there. :tu

nutcracker
06-22-2016, 11:30 AM
Hey Todd - welcome home - missing the pipe tobacco review man!

RevSmoke
06-22-2016, 02:25 PM
First, thanks for the welcome back. It is good to be missed. I hope to show up a couple times a week at least. :)

Well, I knew you were ok Todd, and just assumed you were taking a long breather... So,

I'm hearing a couple of things here: 1) we may just have a new place to herf in the "no internet" zone, and 2) a Sunday edition of the CA newsletter may be in order:r;)

Good to see you back Todd and Goooooooooooo Packers:tu

Yeah, that could happen. If you have some dates in mind, let me know.

It is not a place we are moving into, but it is a "retirement" home, so I get up there to mow or to just get away for a couple days.

I do not need a CA newsletter.

Hey Todd - welcome home - missing the pipe tobacco review man!

Hmm, did a few of those, but I am so set in my ways I do not try much new stuff anymore - at least nothing lately. Maybe I should branch out a bit and get some samples of some stuff to try. What would you like to see reviewed?

longknocker
06-22-2016, 03:05 PM
Good To Hear From You, Todd, & Enjoy That "Retirement", Brother!:D:tu

Weelok
06-23-2016, 12:00 AM
I was thinking of you Rev. Glad you posted and Peace of the Lord to you and your family.

RevSmoke
06-23-2016, 08:52 PM
Good To Hear From You, Todd, & Enjoy That "Retirement", Brother!:D:tu

Oh no, not retiring for QUITE a while. I am a poor pastor.

I live in a parsonage, a home owned by the congregations I serve. So, in hopes of building some equity, we purchased a home that we will be able to retire to when the time comes. In the meantime, it is a cabin up north.

MarkinAZ
06-23-2016, 08:56 PM
Poor Pastor?

Wow! This thread is dripping with an EXTRA edition of the CA Newsletter hot off the press:r;)

Emjaysmash
06-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Poor Pastor?

Wow! This thread is dripping with an EXTRA edition of the CA Newsletter hot off the press:r;)

:tu

06-24-2016, 10:45 AM
Glad to see your posts Todd. Lately I too have drifted from CA but I always find my way back. I hope the new place is everything you hoped for. I really hope to take you up on your generous offer to host guests one day.

poker
06-24-2016, 11:39 PM
Open herf at todd's!!!

:r

SmokeyJoe
06-25-2016, 09:37 AM
Congratulations on the new place, Todd. Glad all is well.

Peace of the Lord be also with you!

mahtofire14
06-25-2016, 10:07 AM
Well, I see it has been at least 7 months since my last visit to CA.

Someone did ask privately how I am doing, they were concerned because they had not seen me here in quite a while.

Well, there are no worries. I am doing well. Life has been crazy though, and sometimes certain things just need to be moved back on the priority list.

I will say that there are many here that I missed, and that was a byproduct of my decision to avoid the Asylum because I have a disease called CDD (Cigar Discussion Disorder), a cousin of CAD, PAD, & TAD. I can sit here and read thread after thread after thread, and all of a sudden 3-4 hours are just gone. Maybe it is a problem of self-control.

So, I simply stayed away.

I thought I'd drop in, say hello, and let you know I will be around - but less frequently.

One tidbit is that we sold the old "cabin" (really just a dilapidated mobile home) which was about 2.5 hours away, and bought a home to which we will retire. It is about 50 minutes away, and Pauline even enjoys going up there. It is, like the previous one, a "no internet zone," but that can be a blessing. It is a 3 bedroom, 2 bath, split level ranch with an open concept dining/living room, spacious kitchen, rec room with a bar, 3-season room, 2-car attached garage, and a basement. So, if someone wants to come visit, y'all are welcome.

Selling and buying was a big part of why I have been absent.

Anyway, I have rambled on enough.

Looking forward to "talking" with old friends and maybe making some new ones.

Hey Rev! Great to hear from you again. If your travels bring you to the Twin Cities still let us know. It'd be great to get together again! Glad to hear things are going well.

Dave128
06-28-2016, 07:27 AM
Welcome back, Todd!

Conch Republican
06-28-2016, 08:47 AM
Good to hear from you man!

RevSmoke
06-30-2016, 12:51 PM
Poor Pastor?

How about you just grab a couple fishing poles and come for a visit.