View Full Version : Pipe Patch?

04-27-2016, 07:15 AM
So I am looking at buying this Butz Choquin pipe. It has what looks to me to be a metal patch of some sort on the bowl. Wither that or the maker had a different idea of decorating a bowl. Can any of you senior pipers educate me on what it is I am lookinh at?


I would appreciate it. Either way I may end up getting the pipe, as the price is low. But I don't want to go into anything blind.

04-27-2016, 10:28 AM
Hello Jordan, if the pipe is sitting at the B&M, you may want to ask the person behind the counter if that item was a repair on the bowl or simply for beautification.

If the pipe is online (like at EBay), you can always submit a question to the seller and await their reply.

Have you looked for estate pipes at other B&M' or online locations?

04-27-2016, 07:29 PM
I think someone tried to repair a burnout.
Lots of prestige pipes out there. Unless you love it, or it has sentimental value, Inwoulnt bother.

06-01-2016, 06:13 AM
Interesting fix. I wouldn't think it's there for beautification.