PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby 2016

KidRock
04-23-2016, 10:17 AM
Hello All!

Anyone going to the Kentucky Derby this year? Do you have any experience from going in the past? Any must do's? Taking a trip down there. Any advice is appreciated.

icehog3
04-23-2016, 02:21 PM
I was in the infield in 2000. Got wasted on vodka, met a girl, had a nice 24 hours afterward. Was blacked out for the race. :lr

If you're single, I recommend my experience highly. :lr

elderboy02
04-23-2016, 09:02 PM
^ I need to party with the Admiral :tu

Stevez
04-24-2016, 07:37 PM
Jon, when are you coming? Lot's to do during Derby week and the bars and restaraunts are all hoping. Good cigar bar across the river called Riverside and although I've never been there here it is very nice. J. Shepards is a very good cigar shop on Bardstown road. That area is very eclectic with exceptional places to eat. Been a while since I've been to the Derby or Oaks (Friday before). The locals have kind of adopted the Thursday before the Derby as their day. I'll be at the track that day. There is a pretty nice cigar store set up by the paddock area called Cox's. Typical mark ups for Derby time s a little pricey. Hope you enjoy the Derby.

heyferg
04-25-2016, 05:22 PM
I was in the infield in 2000. Got wasted on vodka, met a girl, had a nice 24 hours afterward. Was blacked out for the race. :lr

If you're single, I recommend my experience highly. :lr

If anyone else had claimed this story, I would have called BS.
:salute:

icehog3
04-25-2016, 05:39 PM
If anyone else had claimed this story, I would have called BS.
:salute:

Remind me to tell you the first thing she said to me when I "unblacked out", Larry. :lr

heyferg
04-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Remind me to tell you the first thing she said to me when I "unblacked out", Larry. :lr

I'm looking forward to SoCal already! Story time with Tom!! :D