PDA

View Full Version : Cuban Paradise Cigar & Cafe, St Pete

TXRebel
02-13-2016, 08:55 AM
Anyone smoked any of the Cuban Paradise (http://www.cubanparadise.com/) house blends? Review, thoughts?

AdamJoshua
02-13-2016, 09:04 AM
Can't say I have but the place looks pretty cool, well not the 60 rg generation of cigars. Thanks for posting!

sigsauer
02-13-2016, 09:09 AM
are there box prices?

Ogre
02-13-2016, 03:49 PM
Nothing special, the area is full of mom and pop rollers. Can't say I was impressed.

sigsauer
02-13-2016, 04:33 PM
the limited editions are awesome looking!

sigsauer
02-14-2016, 05:07 PM
I tried to place an order 2 x on the site......cc would not go thru...
I gave up!

Tio Gato
02-15-2016, 04:43 AM
I bought about a dozen or so there. It's a cool place to visit. First impression was they were not bad, not great. After a couple years of resting the maduros were very good. However, even at the sale price, I wouldn't buy any again.:2

If you're looking for something made in FL take a look at the El Original rolled in Key Largo.http://www.islandsmokeshop.com

Throb
02-15-2016, 06:31 PM
I think their cigars are above average for a Mom and Pop store. The owners are great people and next door to the shop is Mad Pub, a 60 tap beer house with full liquor and fun bartenders. I should know as my GF worked there up until a 2 months ago. (She left for school reasons).

Yaite is the owner and I still stop in every now and then. She is wonderful and the bartenders, Carmen and Maria are fun, friendly and energetic. The bar is very cigar friendly too. Lots of TVs for the Sports fan. Indoor and outdoor seating

If you are on Madeira Beach, its worth the stop for a beer and a smoke. Karaoke on Tues Nights (done by Muffy so its called Muffyoke) and there are some really good singers. They close the cigar shop at 10 pm but the bar stays open till Midnight Sun-Wed and 1 on Thurs-Sat. They charge a bit more than other bars on the beach, but it keeps the rift-raft out.

But back to the cigars...They have 2 rollers on site and they make a very well constructed cigar. Typically smooth draw. They get artistic with "barber pole" wrappers and they even have a few candela wrappers.

Over all very cool place. If anyone is going, let me know...I might just join you:)

JJKJR
02-16-2016, 08:23 AM
I've smoked several cigars from thier place. In my opinion the Barber Pole Double Wrapper Cigars they hand roll are excellent. I also agree that the Mad Pub next door is a great way to have a beer and enjoy a smoke. Not too far Maderia Beach Ybor City, Tampa. Many great cigar places there. One of my favorites is a place called King Corona who sells a stick called Nicaraguan Suenos.

shark
02-17-2016, 06:39 PM
I bought about a dozen or so there. It's a cool place to visit. First impression was they were not bad, not great. After a couple years of resting the maduros were very good. However, even at the sale price, I wouldn't buy any again.:2

If you're looking for something made in FL take a look at the El Original rolled in Key Largo.http://www.islandsmokeshop.com

+1 on the El Original. Those are really good.