PDA

View Full Version : I won't be buying any of these...ever

shark
12-10-2015, 05:00 PM
Villiger Dismisses Majority of U.S. Staff

Villiger Cigars has dismissed the majority of its U.S. sales and support staff, save for three individuals who handle inside sales for the company in their domestic headquarters.

Shawna Williams, the company’s former vice president, told halfwheel that she resigned from the company about three weeks ago, while many of the company’s reps and support staff were told of their dismissal today.

An individual who had been with Villiger told halfwheel that the company went so far as to cut off company credit cards while their reps were on the road, leaving them scrambling to get home and sort out what might be next for them.

The move comes as a shock to a company that had seemed to be headed towards expanded U.S. growth; earlier this year the company entered into a logistics agreement with Sutliff Tobacco, with the company providing warehouses, logistics and backoffice sales support, including customer invoicing, accounts receivable and customer service while Villiger would maintain its own sales, telesales and marketing teams that will stay focused on its retailer and distributor relationships. That relationship hasn’t gone as hoped, according to one former Villiger employee, who said that it was expected that the relationship would be dissolved by spring of 2016.

The company has also tried to reinvigorate its domestic catalog, launching the Villiger Connecticut Krēmē, Trill by Villiger and the Villiger Cabareté Maduro in the spring of 2014.

Emails sent to Michael Blumendeller, head of large cigars for Villiger Söhne GmbH, have yet to be returned.

http://halfwheel.com/villiger-dismisses-majority-of-u-s-staff/101283?utm_content=buffer5642c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

themoneycollector
12-10-2015, 05:07 PM
I don't think any serious aficionado smoked villigers anyway....which would be their primary problem.

The Poet
12-10-2015, 05:17 PM
The Swiss are notorious asses. How is this news?

Think I'll go burn a Braniff now. :r

icehog3
12-10-2015, 10:19 PM
A what? :confused:

The Poet
12-10-2015, 10:30 PM
A what? :confused:

http://villigercigars.com/index.cfm/villiger-braniff

The above is neither a solicitation to sell or buy, but is posted for information purposes only. :r

icehog3
12-10-2015, 10:32 PM
Sarcasm is wasted on Mensa members..... :lr

The Poet
12-10-2015, 10:37 PM
That's why Gore invented the Sarcasm emoji.

icehog3
12-10-2015, 10:44 PM
I thought it was Abraham Lincoln? :confused:

shark
12-11-2015, 04:28 AM
No, it was Al Gore.

dijit
12-11-2015, 04:56 AM
They just bought my ban on their cigars. Wont even let my dog chew em up now.

mosesbotbol
12-11-2015, 07:16 AM
Villiger is a geriatric smoke, their market must be shrinking the US as it is. Europe has a better market for such "cigars".

Subvet642
12-11-2015, 03:25 PM
The Swiss are notorious asses. How is this news?

You wield a mighty broad brush, Sir. :rlz

1. Zero Tolerance (violators may be banned immediately)

Cigar Asylum has zero tolerance for any posts containing:

personal threats,
slurs, epithets, and/or other derogatory or otherwise offensive comments regarding race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation,
flaming or trolling content, and/or
spam.

The Poet
12-11-2015, 03:33 PM
OK, noted Darren. Thanks for the kind warning. :tu

Had I the time, or the inclination, I'd share some of my past experience in trying to do business with those wonderful people. And no, it did not involve Nazi gold. :D

Subvet642
12-11-2015, 03:49 PM

Had I the time, or the inclination, I'd share some of my past experience in trying to do business with those wonderful people. And no, it did not involve Nazi gold. :D

And I'd share stories of dedicated medical researchers and physicians from Switzerland toiling ceaselessly to save children's lives. :D

Porch Dweller
12-11-2015, 03:58 PM
I ate a Toblerone bar once. It was pretty darned good. However, I don't care for Swiss cheese.

I'm conflicted.

Subvet642
12-12-2015, 04:33 AM
I ate a Toblerone bar once. It was pretty darned good. However, I don't care for Swiss cheese.

I'm conflicted.

I'm a fat guy; I love them both! :dr

Genetic Defect
12-12-2015, 06:38 AM
:r I'm an idiot, I knew what you meant.Sarcasm is wasted on Mensa members..... :lr

Genetic Defect
12-12-2015, 06:41 AM

Remember, some asses wouldn't want to be affiliated with the wonderful people.