PDA

View Full Version : Chillin' in Tampa

icantbejon
11-07-2015, 12:21 PM
I'm in Tampa for work and I'm loving the area. Sitting at Cigar City Brewery having a beer and a cigar. Anywhere else I need to go?

Wharf Rat
11-07-2015, 01:09 PM
The old historic cigar district in Tampa is called Ybor City, which includes among other things, a Fuente-related cigar store. It looks like the brewpub you're at is near the airport. If so, Ybor City is a few miles East of you.

icantbejon
11-07-2015, 01:58 PM
The old historic cigar district in Tampa is called Ybor City, which includes among other things, a Fuente-related cigar store. It looks like the brewpub you're at is near the airport. If so, Ybor City is a few miles East of you.

I'm hanging out at a new brewery in Ybor now. I'm headed to Tampa Sweethearts next, which I believe is the cigar shop you're talking about.

Wharf Rat
11-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Ahhh, cool! The Columbia restaurant is the classic place to take people for Spanish/Cuban food.

Tio Gato
11-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Ybor is great. That said, you probably shouldn't be wandering around alone late night there.:2
Ya, I'm old fart at heart. Have fun.

Wharf Rat
11-07-2015, 02:08 PM
I should mention, it's fun to buy cigars at the little rolling shops. But, please freeze them when you get home. (Only time I've gotten beetles)

Porch Dweller
11-07-2015, 03:45 PM
Ahhh, cool! The Columbia restaurant is the classic place to take people for Spanish/Cuban food.

Seconded. They've got some great food.

JJKJR
11-11-2015, 05:46 PM
I visit Ybor City often. Just was there two weeks ago getting my cigar fix. The place I go to buy some great sticks is King Corona on 7th. They also serve food and drink. The absolute best cigar for the money they make is called Nicaraguan Suenos. Here's the link below. If ya like coffee try their Cafe Corona. It has a nice kick. There are a number of establishments along 7th which are cigar friendly so enjoy.

http://kingcoronacigars.com/