PDA

View Full Version : Help with Windows Media Player.

DMK
09-02-2015, 05:45 PM
This FOG can't seem to figure it out, and yes I've tried the Google...:confused:
I'm forced to use media player on the thin client (network hub) at work that passes for my old desktop system.
I have a huge USB thumb drive full of music and media player doesn't seem to want to play it??

Help !!

shilala
09-02-2015, 06:33 PM
It's a bloated antiquity, brother.
Can you install VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html)?
They may not have that in Canada. snicker.

After actually engaging some thought, I bet you'll have to share your stick to access it via the network hub. Then you'd have to find the folder via WMP.

The Poet
09-02-2015, 06:37 PM
You're a bloated antiquity, Brother Scott. :r

shilala
09-02-2015, 06:38 PM
You suck, Thomas. :lr

The Poet
09-02-2015, 06:39 PM
:D

DMK
09-03-2015, 03:24 AM
I'm stuck with WMP because it on the network at work.
I can't install any other programs.

pnoon
09-03-2015, 07:57 AM
This FOG can't seem to figure it out, and yes I've tried the Google...:confused:
I'm forced to use media player on the thin client (network hub) at work that passes for my old desktop system.
I have a huge USB thumb drive full of music and media player doesn't seem to want to play it??

Help !!
This is like going to the doctor and only telling him "I don't feel well" and expecting him to help.

Can you explain your problem in a bit more detail?
Is WMP throwing an error message? Can WMP even see (find) the files? What format are the music files in - MP3 or some other format?

themoneycollector
09-03-2015, 09:29 AM
I thought WMP had the reverse problem of always trying to search your hd for files.

I think you have to find in the options it looks for the paths to libraries and add your usb drive and it will start searching there.

shilala
09-03-2015, 09:51 AM
I imagine it also depends on how they have sharing permissions set up.
Maybe for some super-stealth reason he may need to copy the files to a local folder first.

pnoon
09-03-2015, 09:56 AM
I imagine it also depends on how they have sharing permissions set up.
Maybe for some super-stealth reason he may need to copy the files to a local folder first.

This is my hunch.
But it is all conjecture until we know what the problem is.
Maybe the files aren't even mp3 or wma. :sh

shilala
09-03-2015, 10:13 AM
Off the track, and I don't use WMP, I use VLC.
But I'd think WMP could handle most any format by now?
I've never worked in an office, so I don't know if there are permissions as to what file types can be wrote to a networked folder. Whatever they want, I'd suppose.
Darryl needs an ipod!!! :D

jledou
09-03-2015, 10:20 AM
Guessing that the thin client isn't allowing the USB or the WMP is only looking for the music folder on the Windows/HD directory. Most like pointing WMP to the folder or importing a new folder option should help it to see the USB drive.

DMK
10-02-2015, 02:20 PM
Off the track, and I don't use WMP, I use VLC.
But I'd think WMP could handle most any format by now?
I've never worked in an office, so I don't know if there are permissions as to what file types can be wrote to a networked folder. Whatever they want, I'd suppose.
Darryl needs an ipod!!! :D

I finally gave up trying to work with wondoze...:confused:
I bought a little Scan Disk MP3 player...:tu
It was nice having tunes today for the first time in a l o n g time.

The Poet
10-02-2015, 02:26 PM
:dance:

shilala
10-02-2015, 11:42 PM
Well done, Darryl!!! :tu