PDA

View Full Version : Ah Dennis would be proud! ;)

AdamJoshua
05-14-2015, 05:08 PM
Ok so as a few of you know I have been taking care of my dad, he lives in AZ and he is just about to turn 91, I take care of his (and his girlfriend's) bills, help them with money, all kinds of stuff, he's had numerous medical issues and not kidding by all rights shouldn't be here, cancer, 5 heart attacks, 2 hip replacements, the list goes on and on, my mom said he would outlive us all just out of spite, so far he's beaten my mom (literally and figuratively) and my oldest brother.

So I'm talking to him on the phone and he mentions something about paving their stone driveway, so I thought I heard him say they had it done but asked when they were thinking as I think it's a good idea. He says they had it done last week and had it done in concrete not just paved... so my gears are turning and I asked how that worked out, he says "Kim (the girlfriend that he has been with for 49 years and my mother referred to as 'the widow' :r ) paid for it. I said, how did Kim pay for it and he now fills me in on how she had "a couple hundred thousand" in stocks and he has been trading them for a while and has it up to about 300k.... now it takes a minute for this to sink in and to be honest I couldn't think straight enough to speak but I babble out something along the lines of "huh?"

Yup seems they have all kinds of money, I asked him why I have been paying their bills and having little projects like the super expensive up and back ramp to the door so he can get in and out in his wheelchair without help, etc. and he says "I thought you wanted to." ... Again, stunned, get out "Whaaaaa..." and he just starts laughing and laughing, now don't get me wrong he's had a really rough time lately so it was honestly good to hear him laugh and of course I started laughing .. and said the first thing that came to me, "God you're such a f u c k i n g Jew!" :lr :lr :lr

So looks like I'll be able to pay off my car faster now, buy more cigars, NOT pay for a special stand up spa to bathe in, well not for them. :tu

shilala
05-14-2015, 05:15 PM
Only in your life, my friend. :lr
I do admit to laughing my guts out at your expense, literally and figuratively, but damn, man.
I'm just happy to see you getting ahead, and things starting to come your come your way. :tu

Blueface
05-14-2015, 05:29 PM
Wow.
Does he know AZ has relaxed gun laws? :r

markem
05-14-2015, 05:34 PM
I have a remodel that you can pay for just because that is the kind of guy you are. Really. I'm the caring kind and won't stand in your way. Lol

AdamJoshua
05-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Oh my, I'm still laughing over it. This was not my "ah ha" moment, this was my "what the ****" moment. :lr

The best part is this was the driving force behind me moving 15 miles from work, to save money to help him out... in all honesty I'm happier out here and I am saving a lot of money on rent every month. haha

markem
05-14-2015, 05:55 PM
Oh my, I'm still laughing over it. This was not my "ah ha" moment, this was my "what the ****" moment. :lr

The best part is this was the driving force behind me moving 15 miles from work, to save money to help him out... in all honesty I'm happier out here and I am saving a lot of money on rent every month. haha

It makes me smile to know that you can see the positive in such situations, Adam.

icehog3
05-14-2015, 06:16 PM
I still applaud you for helping your Dad, I know sometimes Dads "really" do need help, I know thanks to some anonymous friends here that it feels good when you can help.

On a side note, I could really use a special stand up spa to bathe in. :)

AdamJoshua
05-14-2015, 06:30 PM
It makes me smile to know that you can see the positive in such situations, Adam.

I have always had one of those lives, my mother always used to say, "I should get hit buy a car and be rich", when I just turned 17 my mom was hit by a car and killed, the driver had no insurance, nothing even happened to him. My mother had the same dark sense of humor, how can you not look at that situation and do anything but laugh.

shilala
05-14-2015, 09:58 PM
I'm with you 100%, Ads. If you can't see the humor, what's the use?
I got fighting with the woman once, lots of years ago. Ran away from home, got drunked up, drove my truck down the road on it's roof real fast, got thrown in jail, the whole works.
The cop who was hauling me to the clink was cool. We were rapping and I said "...yeah, I really fixed that b1tch."
He just about wrecked the car laughing. I was in tears laughing, myself. :D

AdamJoshua
05-14-2015, 10:50 PM
It's laugh or cry, I'd rather laugh. :sh

icehog3
05-14-2015, 11:37 PM
It's laugh or cry, I'd rather laugh. :sh

You're a wise man.

longknocker
05-15-2015, 03:47 AM
This Made My Day, Adam!:r:D:tu

smokin5
05-15-2015, 09:33 AM
So, can I adopt you when your father's done with you?

It'll be like having another d!ckhead Jew-dad doodad in AZ. :ss

AdamJoshua
05-15-2015, 10:03 AM
So, can I adopt you when your father's done with you?

It'll be like having another d!ckhead Jew-dad doodad in AZ. :ss

It only works if the widow (or in your case the Queen B!tch) has a rather sizable chunk of money.

Edit: Sorry you need to get in line, I think I'm on the hook for remodeling Mark's place, because you know I really want to. :tu

galaga
05-15-2015, 12:11 PM

:D

That's what happens when you assume.......Ya shoulda checked the fine print.

And I assumed you moved to Santee to be closer to Eric :tf

IBQTEE1
05-15-2015, 02:40 PM
I am stunned for you Ads. I am glad you are laughing and not crying in your beer. Mazel Tov.

AdamJoshua
05-15-2015, 03:15 PM
:D

That's what happens when you assume.......Ya shoulda checked the fine print.

And I assumed you moved to Santee to be closer to Eric :tf

I still haven't been to his place since I moved, I'm saying it all up for one big shot, come to think of it he's at the barn herf .. so this weekend would be a good time to head over. :lr

I am stunned for you Ads. I am glad you are laughing and not crying in your beer. Mazel Tov.

He's my dad, nothing to cry over, I only knew him in the "good times" after him and my mom were divorced, I didn't know the dad that wasn't a very nice person. He mellowed out a lot over the years.

The ***** of it all was how the widow (Kim) doesn't like to spend a lot of money she wants to leave it to her niece, that's the line that got them cut off from me. :lr

dijit
05-15-2015, 04:00 PM
At least you can laugh about it. Sounds like it isnt an altogether bad thing either.