PDA

View Full Version : Best golf balls?

Remo
03-21-2015, 05:26 PM
Let's hear from the golfers?

longknocker
03-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Callaway Supersoft:http://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Supersoft-Golf-Balls-Pack/dp/B00GLL98Y6
:tu

WhiteMamba
03-21-2015, 07:56 PM
I prefer free. I pick up whatever I find in the woods.

AdamJoshua
03-21-2015, 08:14 PM
It depends, if you are a bad guy you use, Slazenger.

If you are the good guy you use, Penfold Heart.

icehog3
03-21-2015, 08:54 PM
He's got good balls,
And she's got good balls,
But we have the bestest balls of them all.

T.G
03-21-2015, 10:45 PM
I like the fuchsia colored ones at the miniature golf course. They bounce better.

E.J.
03-21-2015, 11:47 PM
Though I can't hit them, would assume Titliest ProV 1's have to be in the conversation.

E.J.
03-21-2015, 11:49 PM
I'm a Bridgestone E6 guy, they're the best balls for me!

14holestogie
03-22-2015, 03:11 AM
Based on my recent Eebaay sales, ProV1 are by far the choice, closely followed by NXTs.
Best is subjective. It mirrors the cigar hobby. What works for you today may change in a month or year. To paraphrase, play what you like, like what you play.

dijit
03-22-2015, 04:23 AM
Based on my recent Eebaay sales, ProV1 are by far the choice, closely followed by NXTs.
Best is subjective. It mirrors the cigar hobby. What works for you today may change in a month or year. To paraphrase, play what you like, like what you play.

After taking lessons and speaking with several course pros and carrying score cards for the seniors when they played at the brickyard here and speaking to them about their collective balls. Their consensus was/is balls are a choice of like or desire. Get the swing right then find clubs to match and lastly pick your balls.

After all of that the ones that work best for me are the free ones. I like the feel of Titelist till I cut the covers and have to buy new ones. Rock Flight/top flite really help reduce my slice because they are so hard you cant put a spin on them.

tsolomon
03-22-2015, 05:41 AM
Nike Mojos for me, the ball just works well for my swing. :2

G G
03-22-2015, 06:41 AM
Titleist Balata 90.

hammondc
03-22-2015, 06:43 AM
Noodle!

Or Bridgsetones

coach
03-22-2015, 08:00 AM
Really depends on your play. If you have a Low HCP then Pro V's or Callaway Tour or a soft cover ball would do you well. If you are Mid HCP then a two or three piece ball with a soft cut-proof cover and solid center like NXT, Mojo. If you have a HIGH HCP then a Low Compression ball would be best along with 2 piece construction, Noodle or Lady Bridgestones are the best. For me I usually play Callaway Hot Shots and NXT's and I have a 19 HCP.

IMO you really don't heed to drop $45+ on a dz of balls unless you play the game 3-4x's a week and have good control of your game. I also have 2 sites that I get USED Golf Balls at nice prices....$9dz for Noodles, $28 for 3dz Callaways.

G G
03-22-2015, 08:22 AM
Really depends on your play. If you have a Low HCP then Pro V's or Callaway Tour or a soft cover ball would do you well. If you are Mid HCP then a two or three piece ball with a soft cut-proof cover and solid center like NXT, Mojo. If you have a HIGH HCP then a Low Compression ball would be best along with 2 piece construction, Noodle or Lady Bridgestones are the best. For me I usually play Callaway Hot Shots and NXT's and I have a 19 HCP.

IMO you really don't heed to drop $45+ on a dz of balls unless you play the game 3-4x's a week and have good control of your game. I also have 2 sites that I get USED Golf Balls at nice prices....$9dz for Noodles, $28 for 3dz Callaways.

Good advice right there. I was somewhat kidding in my reply above. When I was playing 2 or 3 times a week back in the day I used the soft balata cover, but now the cover would be cut off after maybe 3 swings. LOL

mahtofire14
03-22-2015, 01:26 PM
I'm a 9 handicap and hit my drives about 280 on average. I LOVE the Bridgestone E5. It's long and gets a great amount of spin around the greens without sacrificing accuracy on your drives. It's really controllable. Highly recommend these.

What I have found with ProV's are you can generate great spin but unless you have a perfect swing with your driver you won't keep them straight. And that isn't even taking the $45 a dozen price point. Bridgestone E5's are $26 a dozen.

mhailey
03-22-2015, 03:05 PM
The best ball is the one sitting my tee. That means I'm on the course and not stuck in some office.

Matt

tsolomon
03-23-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm a Bridgestone E6 guy, they're the best balls for me!Went to the Bridgestone site and ran their fitting guide and it said E6, so maybe I'll try a box this year.

CdnStogie
03-23-2015, 11:59 AM
Was playing the B330s but switched to the srixon Z-star. (~10HCP).

Though I am not too fussy at this point as I am now getting out only a handful of times and golf is expensive enough.

If you are looking to save a few extra dollars and do not mind if they are recycled check out a site like knetgolf.com or lostgolfballs. great pricing and if you get the "MINT" or the AAAAAAA balls, you would be hard pressed to tell if they have been hit or not. On top of that, they are typically 50+% off the retail price.

Sweet_Leaf_PDX
03-23-2015, 12:10 PM
I'm not good enough at golf to notice a difference between golf balls. I tend to go for cheaper ones because I loose at least a couple balls every time I play.

The people I play with that are good at golf always recommend some sort of low compression ball for players at the entry level of play, or for people who don't get around to playing much.

I can get good deals on Nike Power Distance Soft balls and I like those.

Barcode
03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
I like the Top Flite XL's

bobarian
03-23-2015, 03:41 PM
Best golf ball, best cigar, best car? If there was only one, then there would be no reason for the multitude of different ones made by many different manufacturers. :sh

Find one that suits your playing style best. :2

dman4505
03-28-2015, 07:32 AM
I prefer free. I pick up whatever I find in the woods.

x2

For every one I lose in the woods I usually find 2 more, so I don't have to spend my own money on golf balls any more.

Don

GreekGodX
03-28-2015, 09:01 AM
Wilson Duo :tu or the Bridgestone E series

longknocker
03-28-2015, 06:03 PM
Callaway Supersoft:http://www.amazon.com/Callaway-Supersoft-Golf-Balls-Pack/dp/B00GLL98Y6
:tu

I've Played Every One Of The Above Mentioned Balls. (I'm A Golf Nut!:D) The Callaway Supersoft Is By Far The Best For My Handicap (15) & Swing Speed (89mph). At $19.99/ Dozen, You Can't Lose Trying Them At Least.:tu

Stephen
03-28-2015, 08:07 PM
Let's hear from the golfers?
The answer to this question for any beginner or novice that wanted to play a new ball was Top Flite Gamer V2s. They were awesome, and they were cheap. Unfortunately Dick's bought Top Flite brand, but didn't bring Top Flite quality with them.
Echoing Longknocker, Callaway Supersoft is probably the best ball < $20 per dozen out there right now.
I'm a Bridgestone E6 guy, they're the best balls for me!
Yep. Rarely play anymore (ears don't allow it) but the few times a year I do these are usually what I use.