PDA

View Full Version : Smoking and driving

TomF
03-21-2015, 06:44 AM
I like to keep the peace so I don't smoke in the house, and it's been too cold to smoke outside, so I've been doing a lot of smoking while I drive.

I know I can't be the only one. How do you guys deodorize your cars?

mosesbotbol
03-21-2015, 06:46 AM
I don't deodorize the car, the smell goes away on its own, but I am not daily smoking in the car and every surface except headliner & carpet is hand stitched leather.

BlkDrew
03-21-2015, 06:50 AM
I have left the windows open On a good day and the smell usually dissipates. When I worked at a body shop we used to use an ozone machine, that worked really well.

Ogre
03-21-2015, 06:59 AM
I have tried it, but it doesn't work for me. I like a drink with my cigars and the police frown upon that

stearns
03-21-2015, 07:01 AM
I love smoking while driving, mainly just do it on longer drives, but I normally leave the windows cracked for a bit after I finish and don't have too much issue with the smell

kydsid
03-21-2015, 08:45 AM
I have used a csonka ozonator for years to get rid of the smell. You still have to clean surfaces from time to time to deoderize. n2adventure has or had a good write up about the process here or maybe at his site: cigarmony.com

elderboy02
03-21-2015, 09:14 AM
I spray Febreeze in the car before I head inside

dijit
03-21-2015, 10:19 AM
My car is my primary smoking lounge. However; my czonka ozonator is still one of the best cigar purchases I have made.

TomF
03-21-2015, 11:06 AM
Thanks for the replies!

I have a nice spot down near the Hudson River where I like to park, smoke, look at the river and read and listen to music. It's very relaxing.

Leaving the windows open and blowing out the car on the way home helps, but it's sooooo cold! I'll try the czonka ozonator.

czerbe
03-23-2015, 01:12 PM
I deal with the smell, I roll the window's down as much as possible but its my car and we travel as a family in her car so normally its just myself!

Stevez
03-23-2015, 02:07 PM
I smoke everyday in my car and have tried different things recommended, except for the Czonka ozanator. I crack windows as much as I can, but at the end of the day it's mine and I use it like I want. I clean it as often as possible to keep it from building up. Have to research the Czonka though for sure.

azar
03-23-2015, 05:42 PM
Well I worked with a guy that smoked backwoods and talk about stink you could walk by his vehicle and about puke. But I have smoked in my ride quite a few times used Fra breeze and no smell! I enjoy smoking and driving.
Mack

icehog3
03-23-2015, 09:23 PM
I smoke whenever I take a ride of say 40 minutes or longer. All leather interior, the smell is minimal later in the day, gone by tomorrow.

CigarNut
03-24-2015, 04:55 AM
I like to smoke in my car when the weather is nice and I can put the top down. Sometimes, on a nice summer morning I will have a cigar on the way to work, but I drive slower and take the long way to work so that I have time to enjoy my cigar :)

dave
03-24-2015, 07:36 AM
I'm with SteveZ Czerbe - bought leather interior just for its smell resistance. Smoke in my car daily. I crack the back windows whenever it's parked and that helps. At the end of the day, however, its my car and the smell doesn't bother me. In fact, I lean on the smelly car excuse not to offer rides to non-smokers....or to drive alone instead of sharing a ride when I don't want to.

mosesbotbol
03-24-2015, 08:16 AM
I like to keep the peace so I don't smoke in the house, and it's been too cold to smoke outside, so I've been doing a lot of smoking while I drive.

I know I can't be the only one. How do you guys deodorize your cars?

How about upsetting the peace little and meet at some middle ground? Who's running the show at your residence?

You shouldn't have to drive off like your are some deviant to enjoy a cigar...

AdamJoshua
03-24-2015, 08:27 AM
Was looking to get the Csonka Pro AirCare Purifier Smoker Cloaker for my new apartment but they aren't up to California's ridiculous standards so no one will ship them here.

mosesbotbol
03-24-2015, 08:30 AM
Was looking to get the Csonka Pro AirCare Purifier Smoker Cloaker for my new apartment but they aren't up to California's ridiculous standards so no one will ship them here.

Why wouldn't they ship them to CA? I don't get that. Are they regulated by law?

It's easier to exhaust the smoke out of the house than trying to treat dirty air. The pair should together would be ideal.

My living room may smell for like 10 hours after big cigar night, but does go away 100% shortly after. I exhaust as much smoke as I can. I've had 4-5 people puffing away at once for hours.

gurusix
03-24-2015, 08:35 AM
I use Fabreeze, it will clear up anything! I used to travel alot, always getting a rental car upon arrival, especial in West Texas, I would smoke everyday in the rental, the night before turn in, I would use a small bottle of Fabreeze, the complete bottle, and turn in. Never once have I been asked about a cigar scent or odor, and never asked to pay the $250 cleaning charge the warn you about for smoking in their vehicles.

x man
03-24-2015, 10:26 AM
I hate driving, but its my favorite time to smoke.