PDA

View Full Version : Adoption, so here is an odd topic....

Remo
03-15-2015, 12:18 AM
Anyone else here adopted? I was adopted at birth to the best parents/family anyone could have, I have often wondered about my birth mother but have never searched for her, my brother who was also adopted was found by his birth mother some years ago, they met and had a relationship for awhile but it went South rather quickly.

Anyways I am turning 42 this year and decided to try and find my birth mother before I and she (if still alive) get any older, I just took a DNA test to see what it comes up with and I am heading to the adoption agency after I get my results and really start to search, anyone else been there, done that?

AdamJoshua
03-15-2015, 12:38 AM
Can't say I have, but good luck, Mike, I hope you find what you're looking for! :tu

Remo
03-15-2015, 12:42 AM
Can't say I have, but good luck, Mike, I hope you find what you're looking for! :tu

Thanks, should be interesting.

Porch Dweller
03-15-2015, 07:04 AM

:tpd: Good luck!

mosesbotbol
03-15-2015, 07:26 AM
A friend of mine recently found his birth parents (via Facebook) and he was quite excited about that.

CoffeeWaterBeer
03-15-2015, 07:30 AM
I was adopted Mike, hadn't put much thought into it for many years aside form the occasional wondering/daydreaming. I did find both of my birth parents about 9 years ago with great initial results which I would now consider "eh, half ain't bad".

I'll shoot you a PM a little later on when I have some more time to chat. I'm not sure how much help I can offer but maybe my story will give you something.

Remo
03-15-2015, 05:48 PM
I was adopted Mike, hadn't put much thought into it for many years aside form the occasional wondering/daydreaming. I did find both of my birth parents about 9 years ago with great initial results which I would now consider "eh, half ain't bad".

I'll shoot you a PM a little later on when I have some more time to chat. I'm not sure how much help I can offer but maybe my story will give you something.

Got it, thanks bro :tu

RevSmoke
03-15-2015, 07:53 PM
God's blessings in your search. Will keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Remo
03-15-2015, 07:54 PM
God's blessings in your search. Will keep you in my prayers.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Thanks Todd.

CigarNut
03-15-2015, 08:58 PM
Good luck!

Subvet642
03-15-2015, 09:34 PM
I had a somewhat different experience...I was orphaned but not adopted; I was raised by an aunt. My half-sister had two children. Her husband left her. When she would screw around with her new boyfriend, she would strap her two kids in their cribs with harnesses she got from an idiot doctor so she could leave them in the apartment alone. The authorities found out and the kids were subsequently taken by the state. In Massachusetts at the time, other family members couldn't visit until the parents did. She didn't, so we couldn't. The kids were adopted away from us and we have no idea where they are. This was around 1980. My family has nothing to do with my sister anymore. I wish they would try to find us.

icehog3
03-15-2015, 10:20 PM
That's horrible, Darren, would be great if they looked for you.

Mike, best of luck in your search.

Subvet642
03-15-2015, 11:35 PM
That's horrible, Darren, would be great if they looked for you.

Mike, best of luck in your search.

Thanks Tom. We, at least, have the consolation that they didn't have to grow up with my abusive sister.

Good luck, Mike. Family stuff can be very weird.

CoffeeWaterBeer
03-16-2015, 05:37 AM
I was adopted at birth to the best parents/family anyone could have

This is the most important part. :)

shilala
03-16-2015, 10:21 AM
I'm excited for you, Mike.
Even if you don't really connect with her, you'll be able to find out what you're made of, good, bad, and ugly. I mean that from the health angle. You won't have to rely so much on doctors if you know what runs in your birth family.
My mom was adopted and doesn't know her birth parents. She really stressed over it.
Then she coughed my brother and I up when we were 4 and 5 and that was pretty much that. So I know what runs in her family. ;)

I hope it ALL works out for you. You can't ever have too many people to love, brother. :tu

Remo
03-31-2015, 09:40 AM

Got my DNA back, little different than I thought it would be, less Poly than I thought and more White than I thought, Asian is what I figured...found 79 people that share my DNA, closest is a 3rd cousin...search begins :tu

shilala
03-31-2015, 09:59 AM
Good Luck, brother!!! :tu

Dave128
03-31-2015, 10:01 AM
Best of luck, Mike!

Remo
03-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Thanks guys!