PDA

View Full Version : Lounges in NC

Sadden
03-13-2015, 03:34 PM
Hello everyone. On the 29th we are flying down to NC to get married. I am looking for a reputable cigar lounge to have my bachelor party. Nothing too crazy just 5 of us.

Will be staying In Greensboro , getting married in Jamestown. Any ideas?

Wharf Rat
03-13-2015, 04:33 PM
Greensboro isn't far from Burlington and JR's store. It's not exactly a bachelor party place but, I thought I'd mention it.

The Poet
03-13-2015, 05:48 PM
It's also close to JR's in Statesville. It's totally not a bachelor party place, but I thought I'd mention it. :D

WhiteMamba
03-13-2015, 06:20 PM
You wanna go into Winston Salem. Only a short drive from Gboro. The place is twin city cigar. They have a descent selection and a lounge with drinks and tv's.

http://twincitycigars.com

JR's is ok but not much for a lounge.

the jiggler
03-13-2015, 07:35 PM
It's also close to JR's in Statesville. It's totally not a bachelor party place, but I thought I'd mention it. :D

JR's in Statesville has closed. They moved to the new location in Mooresville (exit 36 on 77).

I can't begin to tell you how nice the new place is. It's one of the nicest lounges I have seen in a long time. The grand opening hasn't happened yet but they had a soft opening.

The Poet
03-13-2015, 07:38 PM
JR's in Statesville has closed. They moved to the new location in Mooresville (exit 36 on 77).

I can't begin to tell you how nice the new place is. It's one of the nicest lounges I have seen in a long time. The grand opening hasn't happened yet but they had a soft opening.

New to me. Thanks for the update.

Col. Kurtz
03-13-2015, 08:40 PM
The pipe and pint is a cool place. Friendly people too.

the jiggler
03-13-2015, 09:31 PM
The pipe and pint is a cool place. Friendly people too.

Agreed. Pete is a walking wealth of information. If you stop in tell him Craig from Charlotte sent you. He'll charge you an extra 25%.

:banger

CigarNut
03-14-2015, 10:43 AM
Just curious, are there any lounges in Greensboro (I will be there on business from the 22nd-25th.

Mayor
03-22-2015, 06:39 AM
Greensboro = check out the Pipe and Pint. It's a great shop.

Brian D.
03-22-2015, 05:29 PM

I also didn't know about the move. Thanks.

Sadden
03-24-2015, 09:07 AM
Pete with the Pipe and Pint has directed me to Churchills Cigar Bar , apparently he cant really host such an event , something to do with his liquor license. Keep getting the answering machine there so I just left a message.

Sadden
03-24-2015, 09:36 AM
And just got off the phone with Phil at Havanna Phils , he says churchills cigar bar is the place to be.

Sadden
04-03-2015, 06:50 AM
The Pipe and Pint was awesome. Pete and Ethan are real brothers.

Churchills on Elm started out really excellent. But they brought in a live band whose sole goal was to ratlle every window in a 3 block radius. Couldnt even have a good conversation out on the deck. But the people watching was alright.

Pictures to follow when I get home.

NCRadioMan
04-07-2015, 04:24 AM

Nice, but in the worst location possible, imo. If you go at the wrong time, traffic will drive you insane.