PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the 'keystones'?

The.Sheepdog
02-27-2015, 06:23 PM
I was looking at P&C website and saw a strange pipe called Nording Eriksen. It has a removable bowl and uses keystones whatever they are.

Has anyone tried this and have any input? I guess the keystones are clay pieces maybe used for filtering?

Am intrigued by something different! :)

Subvet642
02-27-2015, 09:02 PM
I haven't used them, but I have used Denicool crystals, which do the same thing: absorb moisture to cool the smoke. You just put a few in the bottom of the bowl. I use them with moister tobaccos like aros, or tobacco right out of the tin. They work pretty well.

The.Sheepdog
02-28-2015, 02:06 PM
Oh. Well I wonder if you would piut the keystones in the pipe bowl or take the bowl off and then put them in below the bowl? I may have to ask P&C.

Subvet642
03-01-2015, 01:37 AM
Oh. Well I wonder if you would piut the keystones in the pipe bowl or take the bowl off and then put them in below the bowl? I may have to ask P&C.

There are pipes made for them (as in your first post) but if yours isn't, you can just put the stones in the bottom of the bowl and dump them with the ash and dottle.

The.Sheepdog
03-01-2015, 09:21 AM
I am thinking about trying the stones and maybe the removable bowl pipe. Im in no hurry I guess.

Subvet642
03-01-2015, 09:56 AM
I am thinking about trying the stones and maybe the removable bowl pipe. Im in no hurry I guess.

If they work as well as the crystals, they're not bad to have around.

CoffeeWaterBeer
03-10-2015, 12:58 PM
An older Gentleman a few streets over puts a pebble in his pipe. I don't recall his reasoning though. Not entirely on subject but this thread just reminded me.