PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried the DMatch Torch Lighter?

djturnz
02-25-2015, 04:59 AM
I stopped at walmart to get another Ronson Jet, and they had a few more options. I grabbed one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/DMATCH-REFILLABLE-TORCH-LIGHTER-BUTANE/dp/B00GNI2QIW/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt for $3.50.

Amazon says it's unavailable, so I can't compare the price. I know the Ronson is also $3.50, but Amazon it's like $7. Family Dollar has them on closeout for $6.50.

Walmart also had SPARK brand lighters. One has tools on it, and another was "windproof" with a ZIPPO-type casing. They even had one of the USB chargeable ones that has the heated coil. Too small for a cigar though, but it's a neat concept. The only Cigar sized version I've seen is the Agniter, which is $50.

I also got one I ordered from eBay over a month ago in the mail last night. Junky gold with a fake diamond and a little window to see the butane. It took some fiddling to get it started, but now it works. When you release the torch flame, there is a soft flame left behind. NOt sure it's point, but kind of neat.

There is also a Large Butane Torch in the Automotive section I might pick up to keep in the garage.

I like my Ronson (complete with the suggested mods) but it lasted for 2 sticks with a couple relights. And you can't see the tank.

irratebass
02-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Can't say I have ever heard of this brand, nor seen it

djturnz
02-25-2015, 06:50 AM
Two weeks ago, my Walmart didn't have it, and now they do. Though I am wondering if it's discontinued, if Amazon says not available.

I think mine is going to need a little modding. Even the lowest flame setting is a bit high. I'll pop it open and slip the gear, just like we used to do in high school to get a 5 inch flame, but backwards. lol

MurphysLaw
02-25-2015, 06:59 AM
Honestly never heard of it and at this point I'm down to one working Ronson I keep in my Jeep as a backup. I'd rather spend a little more on a cheap Xikar with a lifetime warranty I can swap out at a B&M if it malfunctions. Just my .02 and worth as much.

T.G
02-25-2015, 07:16 AM
I stopped at walmart to get another Ronson Jet, and they had a few more options. I grabbed one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/DMATCH-REFILLABLE-TORCH-LIGHTER-BUTANE/dp/B00GNI2QIW/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt for $3.50.

Amazon says it's unavailable, so I can't compare the price. I know the Ronson is also $3.50, but Amazon it's like $7. Family Dollar has them on closeout for $6.50.

Last year when CVS Pharmacies closed out all of their tobacco and tobacco related products, I bought a number of those which were being sold under a different brand name without the included butane. I sent most of them off to the troops and kept 1 or 2 to see if I should try to source more of them for the troop packages. The one I've used seems to be holding up fine.

:sh