PDA

View Full Version : What to bring?

CigarSquid
02-20-2015, 07:38 AM
Is there anyone else with the same trouble I have? I am leaving today for a softball tournament and I can't decide on which smokes to take with me.

I have this trouble when ever I leave for a weekend or vacation. Next month, I have to try to figure out what I want to bring to work for a week's long trip.

I am asking for your :2 on how you decide. I normally sit and stare at the cooler for a couple minutes :confused:, then just start tossing some sticks into my travel case...

14holestogie
02-20-2015, 08:21 AM
I grab two to three times what I need of a mixed selection because I don't know what I'll be in the mood for until I'm in the mood for it.
A weeklong trip means I pack about 45 sticks for the 20 or so that'll actually get smoked.

Porch Dweller
02-20-2015, 08:27 AM
I grab a variety and usually about twice what I'll need, so I can share if the occasion arises.

matt0278
02-20-2015, 12:08 PM
Most of the time I bring enough to keep myself occupied just in case, but I try to make it a point to seek out a B&M wherever I am and pick up a few sticks that I've never tried before. That being said, I'm looking forward to visiting neptune cigars next week in ft Lauderdale next week thanks to recommendations in another thread!!! And good luck with the tournament!

The Poet
02-20-2015, 12:26 PM
Where are you traveling for this tourney? If you are staying in state, then the above advise seems sound. But if you are going someplace where the prices and taxes on cigars are significantly lower than Oregon's you might consider traveling light and obtaining your preferred sticks locally.

RWhisenand
02-20-2015, 12:30 PM
I have a travel humi that holds about 15 sticks plus, Cutter, lighter, and Bovida pack. When I travel I usually bring what I consider my "middle" sticks. I don't want my top shelf cigars to get damaged by being knocked around, but I want some decent sticks for when I get there. I usually also bring some for non smokers who might want to try a smoke, this way I have some to offer.

shilala
02-20-2015, 01:09 PM
I have 3 different sized travel humis and just keep them stuffed full of smokes.
Then I do what Tim said. Just grab the size humi for where I'm going.
I make sure there's lighters and a cutter in there so I'm all set, no surprises.

I only keep stuff I like, so there's always something that'll work. It helps me get back to old favorites, too. :tu

CigarSquid
02-20-2015, 01:58 PM
I do keep things I like.. That is why it is hard to pick what I want.

I try to think of where I am going and what sounds good at that place. This weekend I will be on the Oregon Coast... 60ish degrees.

I have brought 10, for me use and some other ones for the guys who only smoke when I bring them.

c2000
03-04-2015, 09:45 AM
Softball Tournament? We are still doing the polar plunge here.......

Jerry in Minnesota.