PDA

View Full Version : it's cool, it's cool

markem
02-17-2015, 11:42 AM
So I borrowed a pressure washer from the in-laws. Time to clean the driveway and sidewalk. I have a bad back, but I have a plan, so it's cool. I plan to just clean half and do the rest on Thursday. Good plan, it's cool.

So I spend 1.5 hours on pressure washing - half the driveway, the front sidewalk, and the front steps. No back issues, not really tired, it's cool. But I have a plan, so I stop where I am. I don't want to tweak the back - I have a plan.

I come inside and cool down for a bit. No problems. All is cool.

I go upstairs and take a hot shower. Feeling even better. It's ALL cool.

Come downstairs and do some email. Maybe a half hours worth. No issues. It's cool, it's all cool.

Go to stand up. Not cool. That's so not cool.

Hobble to the kitchen and find the advil. Water. Advil. Rest. It's all cool.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

CigarNut
02-17-2015, 12:08 PM
So I borrowed a pressure washer from the in-laws. Time to clean the driveway and sidewalk. I have a bad back, but I have a plan, so it's cool. I plan to just clean half and do the rest on Thursday. Good plan, it's cool.

So I spend 1.5 hours on pressure washing - half the driveway, the front sidewalk, and the front steps. No back issues, not really tired, it's cool. But I have a plan, so I stop where I am. I don't want to tweak the back - I have a plan.

I come inside and cool down for a bit. No problems. All is cool.

I go upstairs and take a hot shower. Feeling even better. It's ALL cool.

Come downstairs and do some email. Maybe a half hours worth. No issues. It's cool, it's all cool.

Go to stand up. Not cool. That's so not cool.

Hobble to the kitchen and find the advil. Water. Advil. Rest. It's all cool.

Getting old ain't for sissies.

I remember the last time I did any pressure washing; I ended up in a similar way and now I pay someone else (usually one of my sons) to do it... It's most definitely worth it! :)

shilala
02-17-2015, 12:10 PM
Welcome to the suck, eh brother?

Tio Gato
02-17-2015, 01:10 PM
I feel your pain. I just tried clearing 4 feet of snow off my roof. I had to stop as I didn't want the bride to find me dead in a snow bank. I'm not sure that the wisdom that comes with age is worth the other bad stuff.:(

DMK
02-17-2015, 01:56 PM
If we'd known that getting old would of hurt so much, we'd have taken better care of ourselves.... Na... who am I kidding....:r

Ogre
02-17-2015, 02:53 PM
I know the feeling, it takes longer to heal the older I get.

massphatness
02-17-2015, 03:03 PM
This is why I try to avoid any physical exertion. Hope the back gets right with you, Mark
Posted via Mobile Device

AdamJoshua
02-17-2015, 03:27 PM
That's what you get for checking your email, leave that stuff to the youngsters :2 Hope your back loosens up soon, nothing worse than a back ache.

icehog3
02-17-2015, 03:39 PM
Feel better soon, Mr. Mark, and leave ejecting liquids at high pressures to the younguns. ;)