PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead Season 5

irratebass
02-07-2015, 07:49 AM
Mid season starts tomorrow.......here we go!

afranco
02-07-2015, 07:53 AM
Cant wait !!

irratebass
02-07-2015, 08:06 AM
I hear ya Alfredo

dijit
02-07-2015, 08:30 AM
Hell yeah! what time and will it be on at the shop Mickey?

irratebass
02-07-2015, 08:48 AM
Hell yeah! what time and will it be on at the shop Mickey?

9pm, and I really hope not Mike.....I want to watch it at home heh

dijit
02-07-2015, 10:18 AM
Oh yeah I forgot the missus has that special outfit she makes you wear to watch this

jsnake
02-07-2015, 10:24 AM
Hell yeah glad I saw this because I wasn't sure when it started. DVR is set anyways but people always throw out everything on the internet and ruin it. Off and will be watching.

irratebass
02-09-2015, 08:11 AM
No spoilers, but it was a weird episode imo, but I enjoyed it and glad to see it back.

Victor808
02-09-2015, 11:20 AM
Are we not spoiling yet?
Cuz I was a bit disappointed in a lot of the decisions they made for this episode....

hammondc
02-09-2015, 12:32 PM
Good episode. My kid has been down the slide in the picture of the boys and I have eaten in the pizza shop in another picture of the boys. Neato!

kelmac07
02-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Didn't care for this episode at all. :2

irratebass
02-10-2015, 06:19 AM
Are we not spoiling yet?
Cuz I was a bit disappointed in a lot of the decisions they made for this episode....

Spoil away.......people can enter at their own risks

Victor808
02-10-2015, 11:19 AM
Spoil away.......people can enter at their own risks

I'm irritated that the decided to take out a veteran survivor of a zombie apocalypse with a dumb situation like that. He would know better to clear a room, hell a whole house before deciding to stare at pictures on a wall. I understand they were trying to show he'd "given up"... but after all the years that crap would be ingrained in him, especially since the safety of the other guy with him would be on the line.

Then sending to get help rather than lopping that arm right off immediately?

Then no tourniquet after they finally do lop off the arm?

The whole hallucinating dead people for an hour just seemed like their way of trying to give him a whole hour long send-off... but I would have really rather it had been a quick and brutal death (like Beth), but somewhat logical given his proven ability to survive. They didn't need to drag out the send-off, they needed to make it a little less dumb a mistake.

irratebass
02-11-2015, 06:24 AM
I'm irritated that the decided to take out a veteran survivor of a zombie apocalypse with a dumb situation like that. He would know better to clear a room, hell a whole house before deciding to stare at pictures on a wall. I understand they were trying to show he'd "given up"... but after all the years that crap would be ingrained in him, especially since the safety of the other guy with him would be on the line.

I think they were trying to convey what Rick said to Carl "You're never safe, no matter what." So I get what they were trying to say.......going back to the comics Tyresse did die by a biter, but not the same way.

Then sending to get help rather than lopping that arm right off immediately?

Then no tourniquet after they finally do lop off the arm?

My wife actually yelled at the tv "Why didn't they wrap up his arm!!!!???"

The whole hallucinating dead people for an hour just seemed like their way of trying to give him a whole hour long send-off... but I would have really rather it had been a quick and brutal death (like Beth), but somewhat logical given his proven ability to survive. They didn't need to drag out the send-off, they needed to make it a little less dumb a mistake.

I kinda liked seeing them all come back, but I get your point.

Victor808
02-17-2015, 11:54 AM
Well that episode was the definition of "misery ****"....

slow episode. seriously slow. Some good zombie kills, but I just get bored of the constant "look how bad things are getting".

On the up-side, looks like they're following the comics with the arrival of the stranger.
On the sideways-side... what do we think they're going to do with Abraham's cut? I can't decide if they're intending to kill him off with that or if they're throwing us a fake out. They made sure that the cut was in almost every scene...

kelmac07
02-17-2015, 12:06 PM
Let's be honest....last weeks episode SUCKED!!

shilala
02-17-2015, 01:00 PM
I still haven't finished up last season. The show just kinda tailed off on me.

If you guys want a good Zombie fix, pick up this book (http://www.amazon.com/Remaining-D-J-Molles-ebook/dp/B00H25FGBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424202799&sr=8-4&keywords=the+remaining).
I've read every zombie book in the world. That one is the best, and that's saying something. There are tons of good Zombie books out there.
This guy has written a number of sequels, I only read one so far. When I get back to Zombie reading, this is where I'll start.
Really, at least download the sample. You'll skip work the next day. :lr

Victor808
02-17-2015, 03:20 PM
I still haven't finished up last season. The show just kinda tailed off on me.

If you guys want a good Zombie fix, pick up this book (http://www.amazon.com/Remaining-D-J-Molles-ebook/dp/B00H25FGBO/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1424202799&sr=8-4&keywords=the+remaining).
I've read every zombie book in the world. That one is the best, and that's saying something. There are tons of good Zombie books out there.
This guy has written a number of sequels, I only read one so far. When I get back to Zombie reading, this is where I'll start.
Really, at least download the sample. You'll skip work the next day. :lr

Haven't read Molles. Have you read the Mira Grant Newsflesh series? I liked that one a lot.

irratebass
02-18-2015, 08:00 AM
I liked this last episode......sorry, I don't have to have a bunch of zombie killings to make for good tv. I liked that we are seeing Maggie,Sasha & Darrel dealing with the deaths.

That dream sequence was intense!

Not sure about the cut on Abraham, but they did focus on his drinking & Sasha's comment on how it wasn't a good thing.

Having just re-read the comics I am glad to see where they are going with the story, this gets me excited.

shilala
02-18-2015, 11:11 AM
Haven't read Molles. Have you read the Mira Grant Newsflesh series? I liked that one a lot.
I have not. But I'll go look it up right now. :tu

Victor808
02-18-2015, 12:06 PM
I liked this last episode......sorry, I don't have to have a bunch of zombie killings to make for good tv. I liked that we are seeing Maggie,Sasha & Darrel dealing with the deaths.

That dream sequence was intense!

Not sure about the cut on Abraham, but they did focus on his drinking & Sasha's comment on how it wasn't a good thing.

Having just re-read the comics I am glad to see where they are going with the story, this gets me excited.

I agree there don't need to be a bunch of zombie killings, and actually, if you watched closely, there were a bunch of pretty violent zombie kills... darryl ripping the hair off one of them was good. My problem was more with the slow pacing through the whole hour... Just feel like they need to switch it up within the episode.

And I don't believe that was a dream sequence (you're talking about the whole middle of the night holding the barn door closed thing, right?). I think that was actually a horde of zombies driven toward the barn in the middle of the storm.

I am glad they're going with the Aaron story.

Victor808
02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
I have not. But I'll go look it up right now. :tu

They're fun. Less about the zombie apocalypse, and more about how society is dealing with the zombies after it recovers. Same zombies as TWD, anyone who dies will zombify... Government and society has re-established itself in controlled areas, constant testing to move from point to point... it's an interesting story. the first book is excellent...

shilala
02-18-2015, 02:42 PM
They're fun. Less about the zombie apocalypse, and more about how society is dealing with the zombies after it recovers. Same zombies as TWD, anyone who dies will zombify... Government and society has re-established itself in controlled areas, constant testing to move from point to point... it's an interesting story. the first book is excellent...
Once I saw them, I recognized the books. I think only the first two were out when I saw them before.
I didn't read them because they're what they are. The first book was all conspiracy-theory laden and I steer away from that stuff. I just don't enjoy it.
These books did so well that I'm going to try the first one after I catch up on Molles stuff. Despite not seeming to be up my alley.
Doesn't hurt to take a look, right?
Thanks, Victor!!! :tu

Victor808
02-18-2015, 04:40 PM
Once I saw them, I recognized the books. I think only the first two were out when I saw them before.
I didn't read them because they're what they are. The first book was all conspiracy-theory laden and I steer away from that stuff. I just don't enjoy it.
These books did so well that I'm going to try the first one after I catch up on Molles stuff. Despite not seeming to be up my alley.
Doesn't hurt to take a look, right?
Thanks, Victor!!! :tu

Definitely conspiracy theory heavy. If you aren't into that you may get turned off. A bit of a Resident Evil feel to the conspiracy... With evil scientists and crap.

If you want to get a feel for her writing first, the novella "browncoats" or something like that is from the same world, but occurs during the apocalypse beginning... Short and well written, no conspiracy.

shilala
02-18-2015, 06:48 PM
Definitely conspiracy theory heavy. If you aren't into that you may get turned off. A bit of a Resident Evil feel to the conspiracy... With evil scientists and crap.

If you want to get a feel for her writing first, the novella "browncoats" or something like that is from the same world, but occurs during the apocalypse beginning... Short and well written, no conspiracy.
I'll check that out later tonight if I get a chance.
Thanks again, brother!!! :tu

irratebass
02-19-2015, 07:27 AM
I agree there don't need to be a bunch of zombie killings, and actually, if you watched closely, there were a bunch of pretty violent zombie kills... darryl ripping the hair off one of them was good. My problem was more with the slow pacing through the whole hour... Just feel like they need to switch it up within the episode.

And I don't believe that was a dream sequence (you're talking about the whole middle of the night holding the barn door closed thing, right?). I think that was actually a horde of zombies driven toward the barn in the middle of the storm.

I am glad they're going with the Aaron story.

I agree on the Violent zombie kills, I didn't even realize that Darryl had ripped off the top of his head until I watched Talking Dead and they showed it in slow motion, that was badass.

Are you sure that wasn't a dream sequence? I mean they are all holding the door and the next thing you see is Maggie opening her eyes and looking at Judith........So did the tornado come and wipe them out and they just went back to sleep? I don't think so, I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like TWD I know.

I understand your comment on the slow pacing and them needing to switch it up, I feel this last episode was the last of those "we need to find somewhere or we're gonna die" episodes...this episode really showed them at pretty much their worst...they were too tired/hungry/thirsty to fight off those walkers that were following them, but like I said if they are going by the comic (and it looks that way with the introduction of Aaron) then those days are behind them and we are in for an interesting ride soon.

Victor808
02-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Are you sure that wasn't a dream sequence? I mean they are all holding the door and the next thing you see is Maggie opening her eyes and looking at Judith........So did the tornado come and wipe them out and they just went back to sleep? I don't think so, I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like TWD I know.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream sequence. It looked like it, with Maggie opening her eyes... but if it was, who's dream was it? It was supposed to show them all working together at the absolute lowest point... if it was just a dream sequence then that whole thing would only affect one person.

I don't think it was very well presented... but I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a dream. If it were, there'd be too many questions.

irratebass
02-20-2015, 07:17 AM
I'm pretty sure it wasn't a dream sequence. It looked like it, with Maggie opening her eyes... but if it was, who's dream was it? It was supposed to show them all working together at the absolute lowest point... if it was just a dream sequence then that whole thing would only affect one person.

I don't think it was very well presented... but I'm pretty sure it wasn't supposed to be a dream. If it were, there'd be too many questions.

I need to re-watch that scene then.....who fell asleep 1st? Who's face did the camera look at last before the scene in question.

Victor808
02-23-2015, 05:32 PM
I need to re-watch that scene then.....who fell asleep 1st? Who's face did the camera look at last before the scene in question.

I didn't get a chance to re-watch the rerun last night to see.

Not clear on who did what when, but I'm still pretty sure it wasn't a dream sequence. Just a zombie-nado (for the record, Z Nation did the zombie-nado first, and even had the nuts to reference sharknado).

Anyway... not much happened in total, but our intrepid survivors are on their way to the safety of the Alexandria community.

On a side note Rick is full on paranoid now. Not really blaming him, what with the cannibals and sadists and child rapists and stuff... but I definitely liked the way the episode kind of made him into the "bad guy". Not necessarily evil, but showing that his paranoia made him more dangerous to Aaron than Aaron was to the group.

jonumberone
02-24-2015, 06:10 AM
On a side note Rick is full on paranoid now. Not really blaming him, what with the cannibals and sadists and child rapists and stuff... but I definitely liked the way the episode kind of made him into the "bad guy". Not necessarily evil, but showing that his paranoia made him more dangerous to Aaron than Aaron was to the group.

Funny how we can watch the same thing and I came away seeing Rick completely different than you.
I saw it as the group was giving up....Willing to let their guard down for a chance of having a normal life (or as normal as it can be during a zombie apocalypse) and if they came to their death at the other side of the gate, they were willing to accept it.
To me, Rick was the only one being sensible.
Not taking a long term view and looking at the immediate threats to the group.
Maggie said it best " You were wrong, but you were right."
I'm sure as the season progresses, we'll find out he wasn't wrong at all.

Victor808
02-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Funny how we can watch the same thing and I came away seeing Rick completely different than you.
I saw it as the group was giving up....Willing to let their guard down for a chance of having a normal life (or as normal as it can be during a zombie apocalypse) and if they came to their death at the other side of the gate, they were willing to accept it.
To me, Rick was the only one being sensible.
Not taking a long term view and looking at the immediate threats to the group.
Maggie said it best " You were wrong, but you were right."
I'm sure as the season progresses, we'll find out he wasn't wrong at all.

Interesting....
I definitely saw it differently, and maybe that's b/c I've read through the comics past this point.

I definitely didn't think Michonne was giving up... she was almost aggressive about wanting to give this place a shot. That's not a "whatever" attitude, that's more a "we have to try to hope for a home, or we will eventually die" attitude. Maybe that's a potato potahto thing, but it seemed different to me.

Carol was the one who said that. And that was an interesting point. He IS right to be suspicious. The past 4 seasons have shown us that 98.2% of all the people still alive suck. So he's absolutely right to be suspicious. But he's also aggressive, hitting a tied up man... it's interesting because one could make the argument that if Aaron is telling the truth, and it truly is a safe walled community, they may not want someone half-crazed with paranoia (justified or not) in their walls. :)

irratebass
02-25-2015, 06:33 AM
Dom & Victor you both make excellent points, and I agree with both. I thought it was a good episode, and that's all I have to say about that.

Victor808
02-25-2015, 10:47 AM
I think we can expect a bit of a lull for a couple episodes now. Depending on the pacing they want to put the show through.... it'll be "fish out of water" scenes, rather than zombie attack heavy.

I don't expect the next couple episodes to be particularly exciting....

irratebass
02-25-2015, 01:41 PM
I think we can expect a bit of a lull for a couple episodes now. Depending on the pacing they want to put the show through.... it'll be "fish out of water" scenes, rather than zombie attack heavy.

I don't expect the next couple episodes to be particularly exciting....

I agree, they are going to milk this for a bit, I don't really expect anything exciting until Season 7 to be honest, especially if they are following the comics, however we may lose some key characters before then.

Victor808
03-02-2015, 10:57 AM
Reasonably filler-ish. Good episode for a filler episode though. Tracked a lot of the theme of the comics that I thought were important...
1 - They're stronger and better at surviving than the people in the community (many of whom never actually had to survive out there...
2 - Touched on how the group still isn't willing to let their guard down, safety sleeping together etc...
3 - Loved the Glenn vs douchebag scene.
4 - Interested in seeing how Daryl is going to fit in. He doesn't exist in the comics... so I don't have a vague template for what they'll do. They're clearly enjoying showing him as not really acclimating. Maybe he's going to wander off for a bit?

A part of me hopes they actually shot a full interview for each of the characters. That would be something I'd love to watch in an extended/cut edition somewhere.

irratebass
03-02-2015, 11:28 AM
I'm really digging where they are going in the show like the comics........I believe some of you are going to be bored with the rest of this season (if they continue to follow the comics) and we may lose a main character.

bonjing
03-02-2015, 11:33 AM
Carroll is awesome! Love the wolf in sheep's clothing act.

Victor808
03-02-2015, 01:06 PM
Carroll is awesome! Love the wolf in sheep's clothing act.

I have to admit I completely missed that. I was like "WTF? Why's she telling them she misses her abusive ass of a husband?" ... and what's with the soccer mom thing? I completely got suckered in and assumed she just wanted to be off the road so badly she was going to do whatever it took...

I didn't even realize she was making herself look as innocent and non-deadly as possible so if necessary they'll never see her coming.

They played that part really well.

bonjing
03-02-2015, 03:18 PM
Yeah, Marie was looking at me all WTF when I couldn't stop laughing when Carroll was taking off her AR in the give up your guns scene.

Victor808
03-09-2015, 05:42 PM
Ok... Good episode, but as expected, slow. I think the writers keep having the characters meet outside the walls so they can at least kill one or two walkers.

1 - Carol's little speech to the kid? Priceless. I want to find a kid and scare him half as bad. I'm just surprised she didn't throw in killing the kid's parents too.

2 - Sasha's tirade at the party... it was fun, pretty expected. In the comics that's actually Michonne's line, I guess they're trying to find a way to fit sasha in to the group a bit better.

3 - It's looking like Sasha is the "andrea" from the comic books.... the watchtower stuff, the congresswoman's creepy attempts to set sasha up with her son. In the comics, Andrea was still alive and those were the general actions around her.

4 - Daryl and Aaron is like the original "odd couple"... I liked how they set this up, and it may have some opportunities for some rare levity in this series.

bonjing
03-09-2015, 08:37 PM
I give credit for the kid no crying when Carroll had her little talk, I wanted to cry.

What's up with Rick, is this going to be his downfall?

I want to see an older zombie. Right when it goes in for a bite it's dentures fall out and just gums the hell out of someone.

Victor808
03-10-2015, 10:52 AM
I give credit for the kid no crying when Carroll had her little talk, I wanted to cry.

What's up with Rick, is this going to be his downfall?

I want to see an older zombie. Right when it goes in for a bite it's dentures fall out and just gums the hell out of someone.

I wasn't a fan of that. I feel like it's too far out of character for rick.
After an entire damn season of him going crazy about his dead wife, I find the idea of him getting violentish over a girl after just meeting her once a little disingenuous.

irratebass
03-10-2015, 11:11 AM
I wasn't a fan of that. I feel like it's too far out of character for rick.
After an entire damn season of him going crazy about his dead wife, I find the idea of him getting violentish over a girl after just meeting her once a little disingenuous.

I agree, I am not liking where Rick is headed........not the Jessie issue, that was gonna happen regardless, she saw him without his shirt, but I thought she would be the one who came on to him, also in the comics Rick was more at ease mind-wise about this place than the rest.....oh well....time will tell

I agree Sasha is going to be Andrea.

bonjing
03-12-2015, 09:05 AM
I agree Sasha is going to be Andrea.

Throw a dog a bone, is this a good thing or bad thing? Andrea was pretty annoying through the show.

Victor808
03-12-2015, 11:12 AM
Throw a dog a bone, is this a good thing or bad thing? Andrea was pretty annoying through the show.

Andrea was a much better character in the comics, they didn't have to kill her off just to get her out of a series of dumb decisions. Essentially developed into the team's sniper, started the tower watches in Alexandria and was being match-makered with the congressman's (now woman's) son.

Since I don't believe that Sasha ever existed in the comics (could be wrong, maybe she was killed off early) it looks like they are pushing a few of the characteristics/situations on to her.

irratebass
03-12-2015, 02:07 PM

Andrea was pretty killer in the comics, turned out to be an excellent shot and like Victor she wasn't stupid or annoying in the comic, so I see it as a good thing, and I hope they are going to keep Sasha as Andrea.

Another interesting thing that pops up in my mind......the whole Rick /Jessie thing.......well are they going to go the route that the comic goes also with Rick and his love interest? Really don't want to say more than that, but if you read the comics you know who I mean.

Victor808
03-12-2015, 03:20 PM
...and like Victor she wasn't stupid or annoying in the comic.....

At least I'm not stupid or annoying in the comic... got that goin' for me. :(

Victor808
03-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Another interesting thing that pops up in my mind......the whole Rick /Jessie thing.......well are they going to go the route that the comic goes also with Rick and his love interest? Really don't want to say more than that, but if you read the comics you know who I mean.

I'm seeing a lot of oddness here too... if I remember the love interest you're talking about correctly. It doesn't have the same weight it would in the comic simply because the history is different.

And besides, they're setting rick up to make a scene here with this woman and her husband. It's completely different than the comic and I suspect that'll put a kink in everything.

irratebass
03-13-2015, 10:17 AM
At least I'm not stupid or annoying in the comic... got that goin' for me. :(

Whoa, sorry Victor, I meant to say "and like Victor said" my bad bro....wasn't calling you either of those....sometimes my fingers go faster than my brain. ;s

Victor808
03-13-2015, 10:18 AM
Whoa, sorry Victor, I meant to say "and like Victor said" my bad bro....wasn't calling you either of those....sometimes my fingers go faster than my brain. ;s

Man... wish you'd told me that before I started cutting myself again.

damn... so much for bathing suit season this year.

Porch Dweller
03-13-2015, 10:38 AM

:lr

irratebass
03-14-2015, 08:51 AM

:emo2004

bonjing
03-16-2015, 08:56 AM
:O:eek::(

irratebass
03-16-2015, 12:58 PM
Last night was BRUTAL! R.I.P Noah

Victor808
03-16-2015, 03:35 PM
Last night was BRUTAL! R.I.P Noah

I gotta admit, WD is starting to tick me off with that pattern. Essentially any time a secondary level character starts to show some level of skill, and any indication they are going to become an asset to the team.... they get killed off. WTF.

If I recall, they're tracking the comics here pretty closely... Team Glenn is lucky they had the @zzwipe from the town with them to corroborate the story of how the congresswoman's kid got killed. But there's definitely gonna be bad blood.

It's interesting how they organized the rick thing. I've come around a bit, and like that they showed him interested in the woman first, to the point he's obviously primed to act aggressively... then they break the abuse idea. This way we'll never know if he's actually acting to help her, or if he just wants to kill the guy for selfish reasons.

TNT009
03-16-2015, 07:56 PM
Noah got ripped... Why didn't asian dude just shoot through the glass..

bonjing
03-17-2015, 09:41 AM
Shoot glass, break glass, zombies eat you too. But they were out of ammo, the other guy that ran had all the ammo for some reason.

Victor808
03-17-2015, 10:18 AM
Shoot glass, break glass, zombies eat you too. But they were out of ammo, the other guy that ran had all the ammo for some reason.

Yeah, seemed like that hadn't been very smart planning, but hey... it's always one dumb mistake that gets you killed.

....and everyone else.

OLS
03-24-2015, 01:16 PM
You can't be black on walking dead and make a whole season. Just statistics. Put em in red shirts, poor bastaerds.
Well, that's not right, unless Michonne is next.

Victor808
03-25-2015, 11:35 AM
You can't be black on walking dead and make a whole season. Just statistics. Put em in red shirts, poor bastaerds.
Well, that's not right, unless Michonne is next.

It is kinda funny. There's definitely a set of "redshirts" cast for this show... to be fair, a show like this DOES need fodder. They can't kill a main person every week, but they need us to know who they are and care a little bit before getting them torn to pieces....

What's even funnier, is I think they're stuck killing a lot of black people right now. At the beginning of the show they didn't have many black characters, and the ones they had were really badly written (anyone remember t-dogg?). It became a running joke that once a black character showed up, the other was going to die... there could be only one...

I think in response to that, the show added a LOT more black characters. Well, at the start of this season the "redshirts" pool had a lot of black characters added to it. Guess who's going to die?....

I doubt any of this is intentional. The comics really only had two (that I remember) main black characters, Tyrese and Michonne (with the preacher guy and maybe one more ancillary)... tyrese died in the comics too... Sure the writers could add some... but we all know people are lazy.

OLS
03-26-2015, 08:01 AM
Yeah, mine was just an off-color joke. But you'd be blind not to see the pattern for now.
I finally caught up, watching Ep.15 last night, and I agree, this seemed a LOT of 'catch up" style writing,
cramming Rick's sudden progression into one show so fast that it did not seem believable.
He's dead right about the world outside, but I think he should be prepared to stay and
blend or go and live his way. THose steel walls have him SO conflicted.

Victor808
03-26-2015, 12:01 PM
Yeah, mine was just an off-color joke. But you'd be blind not to see the pattern for now.
I finally caught up, watching Ep.15 last night, and I agree, this seemed a LOT of 'catch up" style writing,
cramming Rick's sudden progression into one show so fast that it did not seem believable.
He's dead right about the world outside, but I think he should be prepared to stay and
blend or go and live his way. THose steel walls have him SO conflicted.

Part of me wishes they drew out the decline a little longer. I agree, he went batsh#t so fast it just isn't believable.

But then I remember how badly they did a "slow burn" type change back in season 2 and I realize this just isn't something their writers can pull off.

90 minute episode this weekend!

joshnauburn
03-29-2015, 10:50 AM
great 90 mins. of complete confusion...

Victor808
03-30-2015, 01:44 PM
I liked a lot of it individually. I'm not sure it all went together tho. Absolute chaos....

jonumberone
03-31-2015, 05:57 AM
Part of me wishes they drew out the decline a little longer. I agree, he went batsh#t so fast it just isn't believable.

Rick went crazy too fast and Daryl became a nice guy too fast.
One episode he's gutting a rabbit on the porch and the next he's buddy buddy with the recruiter.
This whole season was rushed.
They spent the whole second half of last season getting to Terminus, and had that story line essentially wrapped up by this season's premier!
This year's mid season finale they were in Atlanta at Grady hospital, in the premier they're 60 miles outside of Washington.
I guess nothing happened along the way?
The finale was a disaster. It was all over the place.

Victor808
04-06-2015, 10:45 AM
The more I think about the episode the more disappointed I do get. Really want more happening, less setting up. But I guess we knew this was going to happen. Hopefully next season will be a longer arc of conflict with these "wolves"... (don't know if they're going to be a surrogate for the "saviors" or if they're a new enemy they're setting up...)

Either way, what the hell am I supposed to do with my sunday nights now?

irratebass
04-06-2015, 12:57 PM
The more I think about the episode the more disappointed I do get. Really want more happening, less setting up. But I guess we knew this was going to happen. Hopefully next season will be a longer arc of conflict with these "wolves"... (don't know if they're going to be a surrogate for the "saviors" or if they're a new enemy they're setting up...)

Either way, what the hell am I supposed to do with my sunday nights now?
Mad Men? Game Of Thrones? :sh

Victor808
04-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Been spending a little time catching up with the comic books.

I gotta say, they are getting a little out there. While I really liked the books at the beginning, the character actions (especially around the possibly upcoming big baddie everyone has been hinting at) are just improbable even for someone a bit unhinged.

Stevez
04-10-2015, 06:24 AM
I just started watching this season and have to admit it wasn't the best way to approach it. My son loves this show and has been asking me to watch with him, so I started towards the beginning of this season. I had no background on the characters, which wasn't ideal. I did get hooked on it though and now I'm starting from the very beginning via Netflix. Strange watching the last season and going back, but I'm really enjoying the first season. Never thought I'd like zombie shows, but this is good.

Victor808
04-13-2015, 02:17 PM
First season is excellent. You're gonna have to really power through the 2nd and 3rd seasons, they can be slow, and really irritating interchangeably.

bonjing
04-23-2015, 12:19 PM
So who's been leaving the tree carvings that Morgan has been finding, before he reached the group?

Victor808
08-25-2015, 04:05 PM
Anyone check out the "Fear the Walking Dead" premier on Sunday?

Thought it was interesting, but it's gonna be a bit of a race between when the zombie apocalypse really starts well and good, and when I'm going to get really really sick of this family.

kelmac07
08-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Anyone check out the "Fear the Walking Dead" premier on Sunday?

Thought it was interesting, but it's gonna be a bit of a race between when the zombie apocalypse really starts well and good, and when I'm going to get really really sick of this family.

I did...thought it was TERRIBLE!!!

bonjing
08-26-2015, 08:40 AM
I thought it was interesting. I'll definitely be watching the next episode. I like the build up. If you get past all the political crap that seemed to be stuck in there and just take it as it was, a zombie show, it was enjoyable. I wouldn't have gone into the Church myself, maybe. But I like how it wasn't just a full on outbreak rather a build up. It show's how people are just desensitized of everyday things, traffic, police shootings, helicopters in the air, It's L.A :D.

Honestly I don't think I know what I would do after seeing a guy get hit twice and run over by a truck, go flying in the air and keep moving. I would probably go home and keep telling myself I didn't see squat :tf

I also like the Maori actor, I think he's pretty good.

massphatness
08-26-2015, 05:11 PM
It feels anti climatic. I don't like that I know what's happening as far as the outbreak is concerned.

That said, I will keep watching for now.
Posted via Mobile Device

bonjing
09-02-2015, 09:25 AM
I enjoyed the second episode. I hope that's not the last we see of Tobias, I like the kid.

Victor808
09-03-2015, 04:36 PM
I'm iffy on the kid. I like that he kind of is "getting it" quicker than the others... but I'm on the fence. He could go either way.

It held strong through the 2nd episode. The police officer nonchalantly loading bottled water into his cruiser was seriously creepy.

I kind of like that the first reaction is rioting. It actually makes a weird amount of sense. No one expects zombies... so police shooting the hell out of a zombie dude is going to look like police violence. I also like that they're having these riots be what's really tearing everything apart, well before the zombies become a big problem.

I'm sick of the drug addled kid already.
And I was hoping those two parents would simply die when they had their little phone argument... "I'm coming over! is my son there?" "Don't you dare come over, it isn't your visiting time!" "Is my son there?" "You don't get to change the schedule!" ..... seriously? Is it too hard to say "There is an Emergency"? the argument seemed forced because they purposely made both characters too stupid to communicate.

But... I am having a bit of fun. It's playing out like the beginning of a very long zombie movie.

irratebass
09-04-2015, 06:54 AM
I'm digging it so far, I like the feeling of dread and despair. I'm glad his ex (the actress....not sure of her name, and not looking it up) landed a great gig....I liked her in Orange Is The New Black.

Yeah, I like Tobias......I thought for a min he was going to stab her when she gave the knife back to him.

Victor808
09-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Ok, last night's episode really stepped it up.

A few things....
1 - Why is there always some dumb-azz who while confronted with things which are clearly continuing to move around after multiple attempts to stop them, are EATING people... and look like zombies.... always has to make a "no guns" stand? Really? I've never felt a need to own a gun in my life, but the instant sh#t like that starts to hit the fan, I'll probably be buried under so many guns I'll just die of suffocation. I want the dad to die. He's starting to piss me off with his willful refusal to adopt a survival strategy.

2 - Blonde mom is stepping it up. She's held back by dad dude.

3 - I like Reuben Blade's character. He's getting all the good lines right now. Too bad his wife is going to die and start eating people.

National Guard coming in was a nice side-step. I wasn't expecting to see a "last hurrah" out in the suburbs, and their sudden arrival was fun, and a bit of a shock. I'm sure there's going to be some fallout from this.

irratebass
09-15-2015, 06:37 AM
I'm kinda with ya Victor about the dad.......I mean he was there when that kid's dealer came back to "life" right? I get it's hard to comprehend that people are returning from the dead, but ya have to survive too.

Really liked that the National Guard showed up.....really digging the show.....where is Tobias?

bonjing
09-15-2015, 09:03 AM
Just watched the recent episode. I had to stop and rewind when the dad said to put the gun down. Dude was just eating a dog and you've already seen the drug dealer not die, wtf!

I can guess what Rueben Blade's character is going to face with the way the episode ran. He won't be able to kill his wife when she turns for call the dad weak.

And what's with Johnny Dope, why hasn't he changed clothes yet!

irratebass
09-17-2015, 06:52 AM
Just watched the recent episode. I had to stop and rewind when the dad said to put the gun down. Dude was just eating a dog and you've already seen the drug dealer not die, wtf!

I can guess what Rueben Blade's character is going to face with the way the episode ran. He won't be able to kill his wife when she turns for call the dad weak.

And what's with Johnny Dope, why hasn't he changed clothes yet!

I said the same thing to my wife, why is he still wearing that old guy's clothes from the hospital :lr

bonjing
09-25-2015, 03:56 PM
OK so I just rewatched the latest episode.

Spoiler. . .

I was hoping that maybe the flashing lights were Tobias maybe signaling out to people. But at the end I was paying more attention to the last scene. At first I thought it was the dad actually coming to realize that there may be someone at the house after seeing the flashing lights himself. But I had the volume really turned up and you can actually hear gunshots, faintly, with the flashing lights.

Victor808
09-25-2015, 04:06 PM
OK so I just rewatched the latest episode.

Spoiler. . .

I was hoping that maybe the flashing lights were Tobias maybe signaling out to people. But at the end I was paying more attention to the last scene. At first I thought it was the dad actually coming to realize that there may be someone at the house after seeing the flashing lights himself. But I had the volume really turned up and you can actually hear gunshots, faintly, with the flashing lights.

I liked the episode. Heavy on the whole... can't trust the government during the zombie apocalypse... but I like it.

My understanding was that at the beginning of the episode someone was trying to signal to the kid that they're out there outside the fence... they were doing this by the flashing lights.
At the end of the episode.... after the dad told the national guard commander (or whatever his rank) about the lights coming from the house, when he went to look at it there were lights, then there were the gunshots. Seemed clear that the troops are going outside the fence and simply shooting anyone (living or dead... note the dead guy with the gun the mom saw). That's how they're maintaining a "virus free" zone...