PDA

View Full Version : St. Louis shops

WhiteMamba
12-27-2014, 08:53 AM
I'll be going to St. Louis for a few days next month. We will be down town at the Drury Plaza. Any suggestions of cigar shops I should check out? Or anything else that's cool?

Wharf Rat
12-27-2014, 02:01 PM
We always favored The Hill Cigar Co., which is in Little Italy, aka "The Hill." Lots of good eats around there.

On the subject of local food, look for Imo's pizza, toasted ravioli, "custard" ice cream, Volpi salami.

4WheelVFR
12-27-2014, 03:24 PM
If you're looking for a nice place to eat, check out Annie Gunn's. I guarantee it'll be one of the best steaks you've ever had.

WhiteMamba
12-27-2014, 03:42 PM
If you're looking for a nice place to eat, check out Annie Gunn's. I guarantee it'll be one of the best steaks you've ever had.

I'll be leading a group of college students so I'm not sure it would be in our budget. Thanks for the recommendation though I'll keep it in mind.

Wharf Rat
12-27-2014, 04:11 PM
I'll be leading a group of college students so I'm not sure it would be in our budget. Thanks for the recommendation though I'll keep it in mind.

They might like the new Ballpark Village complex, which is next to Busch Stadium. Food, shopping, huge televisions...

mkarnold1
12-27-2014, 04:40 PM
We always favored The Hill Cigar Co., which is in Little Italy, aka "The Hill." Lots of good eats around there.

On the subject of local food, look for Imo's pizza, toasted ravioli, "custard" ice cream, Volpi salami.

All good recommendations. Check out Ted Drewes for frozen custard. I am not a big Budweiser fan, but I highly recommend the brewery tour.

WhiteMamba
12-27-2014, 06:17 PM
All good recommendations. Check out Ted Drewes for frozen custard. I am not a big Budweiser fan, but I highly recommend the brewery tour.

Drewes is good. He is a Lutheran so I have heard a lot about it and had it once before.