PDA

View Full Version : Well Well Well......

Redbaron
12-23-2008, 04:44 PM
I hope everyone is enjoying the nice 1492 shirts Spooble made up. I got mine in today. I put it on to show my wife, she says "Whats with the no pain, no gain", I say what are you talking about? It took me a few minutes to see what she was talking about. Looks like my good buddy Spooble, decided to keep the dream alive from Shack3. It took me a few shots to get the letters to show up, hopefully this pic does it. The color of the letters of "No Pain, No gain!" are almost transparent, its a cool effect, I get to think I look cool in my new shirt, and everyone else gets to laugh at me. :tt

Klugs, Im sure you had a hand in this. Just remember friends: He who laughs last laughs best! ;)

In all seriousness a wise OLD man once said "If someone takes time out of their day to mess with you, It means they care"

The pain continues....

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e51/Redbaron1978/IMG_2469.jpg

gpugliese
12-23-2008, 04:53 PM
LOL! Nice one!

jitzy
12-23-2008, 05:02 PM
that looks great, can't wait for mine to get here:ss

Da Klugs
12-23-2008, 06:26 PM
Too funny, but I can only admire the continued good fun vs take any credit for the ingenious additional prose.

Redbaron
12-23-2008, 06:45 PM
hmmmm I doubt Bruce would stoop so low, my only other suspect is a gentleman from the midwest.

Da Klugs
12-23-2008, 07:01 PM
Our Palmetto state friends have all that time on their 13 hour drive to plot and scheme. I think you are looking too deeply when the obvious answer is......

http://subpixels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/smhcomau-080318-biplane_wideweb__470x3520.jpg
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/images/2008/07/01/confederacy.jpg

icehog3
12-23-2008, 07:02 PM
hmmmm I doubt Bruce would stoop so low, my only other suspect is a gentleman from the midwest.

Lots of people remember the deal besides the instigators, Chris....it's sorta like The Alamo. ;) :r

burninator
12-23-2008, 07:16 PM
Lots of people remember the deal besides the instigators, Chris....it's sorta like The Alamo. ;) :r
OMG I just realized I forgot the Alamo!:hn

Redbaron
12-23-2008, 07:37 PM

I know you're too stand-up of a guy to do this to me Tom. :)

icehog3
12-23-2008, 11:00 PM
I know you're too stand-up of a guy to do this to me Tom. :)

I promise it wasn't me, Chris. If the shirt makes you mad or sad, let me know and I will see if Chad can send you another one, on me. :tu

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 05:25 AM
LOL!! I think its hilarious.

Its all in fun, it makes the shirt special.

Anything that reminds me of the great times at shack is a winner in my book!

gpugliese
12-24-2008, 07:37 AM
http://subpixels.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/smhcomau-080318-biplane_wideweb__470x3520.jpg

Was that Lil' Smokey after Chris was done with it?

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 08:20 AM
:r
The throttle on lil Smokey is tricky.....

Darrell
12-24-2008, 08:24 AM
Oh man, I feel a story coming on. Can someone share with us, the story that brought all of this on???

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 08:28 AM
I'd ask Klugs or Bruce to tell the story. (excuse me while I go put myself into a coma, while they tell it)

icehog3
12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
I'd ask Klugs or Bruce to tell the story. (excuse me while I go put myself into a coma, while they tell it)

If people ain't messin' with ya, it means they don't care. At least you know Dave and Bruce care, Chris. ;) :r

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 10:52 AM
LOL!

Growing up with two brothers younger then me, Im used to doing the picking on! Some BOTLs have decided to flip the script on me. :)

Love you guys! You keep me on my toes.

Da Klugs
12-24-2008, 01:50 PM
The 1492 Incident

It was the Dark Lords doing (Bruce). I was the stage manager. Chris was the unwitting guest star who inserted an unintended plot twist making it so much more fun for everyone. (He is the memory maker)

Bruce calls me and says.. "we need to do something to spice things up at the herf this summer". I'm game, and his plan is devious. He has me find some Corona Gordas... I used 95 Punch punches. We reband them with 1492 bands. You can kind of see where this is going.

On Friday or Saturday night everyone is sitting in the tent doin PPP's and I fire up one of the 1492's. Folks notice. Get ready to pass it and get a funny look on my face. Bruce, who is watching, asks "whats wrong"? I pass him the cigar and tell him it doesn't taste right.

He takes a couple hits and says... "it's really off".

Then he throws it on the ground and stomps on it.

I freak out and say.. WTF it wasn't that bad!!! You could have heard a pin drop.

He smiles and says no problem. Pulls out another one from his humi and lights it up. Takes a few puffs and says.. "what are the odds of that", "I cant believe this". Gets real quiet again.

Hands it to me. I take a couple hits and.... throw it across the table full of very quiet smokers out into the yard saying that sucks.

Here is where the intended plot takes a bit of deviation....

Very quiet. Suddenly, Chris jumps up, runs and retrieves the cigar from the yard.

When he gets back I ask him what he is doing. It gets real quiet again. He just looks at me. Ask him.. Who's cigar is that? He says "yours". I take it and throw it in the yard again saying.. that cigar is not good enough for my friends.

Chris is very white and unbeknown-st to many of us who did not know him that well at the time, very upset.

Folks figured it out at their own pace. We came clean out of concern for Chris's health and mental well being after a bit of time.

So there is the story. Chis made it soo much better but was never intended to be the brunt of anything.

It's lore now.. the 1492 "incident".

Jay Hemingway
12-24-2008, 03:16 PM
that is funny as hell chris!! LOL

Darrell
12-24-2008, 03:18 PM
Did you at least share a REAL 1492 with him after your dirty trick, Dave?

.....and people call ME mean. Sheesh. :r

shilala
12-24-2008, 03:22 PM
That story is funny as hell. :D
Way to be a sport, Chris. :tu

newcigarz
12-24-2008, 03:25 PM
I've heard the story before, but it nevers ceases to entertain.

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Dave fails to mention the tone of his voice (think prison wardon during lockdown), or the fact that it was in front of sixty guys! LOL! I also like that the "joke" cigar was a 95 punch!

Good Times, Good Times!

Redbaron
12-24-2008, 03:51 PM
Did you at least share a REAL 1492 with him after your dirty trick, Dave?

.....and people call ME mean. Sheesh. :r

Dave didn't but luckily the was another "White Whale Slayer" there who did allow me a puff. :salute:

SoCalSmoker
01-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Chris, I always love this story and that shirt is classic and unique.
Just wish I was at Shack III too.

ToddziLLa
01-09-2009, 08:23 PM
One of the best SH memories of all time. :)

Chris, can't wait to herf with you again brother.

Ashcan Bill
01-09-2009, 09:03 PM
I must have missed this post - first time I've read it and I've been chuckling for a good five minutes now.

You guys are just plain awesome. :ss