PDA

View Full Version : question about suspending internet, satellite tv

hotreds
10-09-2014, 08:54 AM
OK- I am going to be away from home about six months and was wondering if I would be better off suspending these services or cancelling them and re-upping when I get back?

cigarmarine
10-09-2014, 09:03 AM
OK- I am going to be away from home about six months and was wondering if I would be better off suspending these services or cancelling them and re-upping when I get back?

dependes on how long you've had your service. if your contract is up its better to cancel so you can get the better deals when you turn it back on. if you have a good rate and are in the early part of your contract just suspend it,but make sure to ask if you will keep that rate.

hotreds
10-09-2014, 10:32 AM
They are in fact up. Even tho the companies offer a discount for "suspending" seems to make more sense to cancel and then take advantage of their deals in 6 months!

cigarmarine
10-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Yea brother cancel it take advantage of the new customer rate when you return

AdamJoshua
10-10-2014, 05:47 PM
Always cancel, hate giving them money for nothing, plus you get the best deals when you re-up with them, or by then maybe have other options.

hammondc
10-10-2014, 06:35 PM
You did not say who the provider is but for DirecTv--if you cancel, they will not let you have a new customer promo at that address for 2 years from time of service termination.

hammondc
10-10-2014, 06:36 PM
Plus DTV let me suspend for 6 months when I moved. AND I got the new gear when I resumed service.

cigarmarine
10-10-2014, 06:42 PM
Plus DTV let me suspend for 6 months when I moved. AND I got the new gear when I resumed service.

wow didn't know that direct tv started that bull. good info brother

cigarmarine
10-10-2014, 06:44 PM
You did not say who the provider is but for DirecTv--if you cancel, they will not let you have a new customer promo at that address for 2 years from time of service termination.

wow didn't know that direct tv started that bull. good info brother

hotreds
10-10-2014, 07:26 PM
Is Directv. But, if they don't humor me I'll simply go with someone else.

cigarmarine
10-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Is Directv. But, if they don't humor me I'll simply go with someone else.

My hero, customers always right

MarkinAZ
10-10-2014, 09:09 PM
If you're at the end of your contract Hugh, I'd simply cancel them both. I sure upon your return, that you'll be able to wrangle a good deal with a new ISP in your area. And...

Once you have the internet up and running, I'd probably look in to one of the nifty "internet TV" providers, such as Hulu, GoogleChrome, Roku, etc. You'll have a little time to perform some research during your absence from home. It may be worth while to do so.

Something to thing about:tu

hotreds
10-10-2014, 09:31 PM
In fact, I already have Roku on two of my TVs. The ONLY thing I watch on TV is sports, so I'm thinking of getting just basic service plus the sports channel package. I hope Time Warner won't give me too much hassle either. Bottom line, methinks, is that something is better than nothing and they'll come around and give me what I want.