09-11-2014, 05:31 PM
Say what you want about Keith Olbermann's politics, this is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dK1vzqhr4M

pnoon
09-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Say what you want about Keith Olbermann's politics, this is pretty good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dK1vzqhr4M

Feel free to discuss that POS Ray Rice.
Leave the politics out of the discussion.
:2

elderboy02
09-12-2014, 04:58 AM
Ray Rice is bad.

POLITICS!!!! POLITICS!!!! POLITICS!!!!

jhedrick83
09-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Feel free to discuss that POS Ray Rice.
Leave the politics out of the discussion.
:2

That was my intention. I was hoping nip it in the bud with that caveat. I guess now that I think about it, it's probably a lot like asking someone not to think about pink elephants.

I can believe how much the NFL has chit the bed and seems dead set on rolling around in it. Why the hell would you try and shield him? As hard as Goddell has been on discipline I don't get it.

TXSmokey
09-12-2014, 06:39 AM
Investigating the investigation of the investigation. Rofl

8zeros
09-12-2014, 07:23 AM
I was wondering if someone would raise this up.
I think the Rice issue has been blown out of proportion by too much attention being paid by people who it's none of their business.
That said, the NFL is continuing to line up sharks to jump. I don't even want to watch them any more. Corruption, drugs, politics, lies, backhanded deals, yuck! I wouldn't care if I didn't hear about it all the time. I reckon someone is probably even trying to line up a reality show already. I shouldn't have said that.

yourchoice
09-12-2014, 07:26 AM
Did someone say pink elephants?

mosesbotbol
09-12-2014, 07:42 AM
Rice should and will be able to play pretty soon. Owners don't want players banned indefinitely. As bad as what Rice did, it wasn't what Vick did...

Rice is just a scapegoat for all arm chair, shot from the hip attitude. Everything is real time today...

Steve
09-12-2014, 08:47 AM
Did someone say pink elephants?

http://www.freemanformula.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/pink-elephant-733153.jpg

bishes

jhedrick83
09-12-2014, 11:59 AM
http://www.freemanformula.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/pink-elephant-733153.jpg

bishes

:r:r:r

09-12-2014, 12:12 PM
Rice should and will be able to play pretty soon. Owners don't want players banned indefinitely. As bad as what Rice did, it wasn't what Vick did...

Rice is just a scapegoat for all arm chair, shot from the hip attitude. Everything is real time today...

No, what Ray Rice did was worse. Vick mistreated and killed animals. Ray Rice beat a woman; a human being. Rice is supposed to be a protector of his wife/fiancé. Instead he was her assailant. In my book domestic violence is way worse than animal abuse. Neither is a good thing but one is much worse in my opinion.

yourchoice
09-12-2014, 12:17 PM
No, what Ray Rice did was worse. Vick mistreated and killed animals. Ray Rice beat a woman; a human being. Rice is supposed to be a protector of his wife/fiancé. Instead he was her assailant. In my book domestic violence is way worse than animal abuse. Neither is a good thing but one is much worse in my opinion.

I tend to stay out of threads where strong opinions may lead to headaches for the ToE, so I'll just say, :tpd:.

Steve
09-12-2014, 12:18 PM

http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa458/marionscott3/right-on-the-nose.gif

Steve
09-12-2014, 12:19 PM
OK...so I did have something to add.

09-12-2014, 12:23 PM
I tend to stay out of threads where strong opinions may lead to headaches for the ToE, so I'll just say, :tpd:.

I know it's a heated topic. I simply disagree. I am not angry, calling names, or anything like that. I have no ill will toward Moses.

yourchoice
09-12-2014, 12:28 PM
I know it's a heated topic. I simply disagree. I am not angry, calling names, or anything like that. I have no ill will toward Moses.

I understand, as I'm sure Moses does and wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just saying that I personally tend to stear clear of heated topics, yet felt compelled to say I agreed with what you said. :tu

mosesbotbol
09-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I understand, as I'm sure Moses does and wasn't suggesting otherwise. Just saying that I personally tend to stear clear of heated topics, yet felt compelled to say I agreed with what you said. :tu

I really don't care about Rice and whether he ever plays in the NFL again. I don't hit people or harm animals, and I know there is no ill will towards me, so no worries. Just want to give an objective opinion on the whole thing.

Harming and killing animals (non hunting) is worse to me. It's pointless to convince each other which is worse; just opinion... If what Rice did was so bad, why isn't he being punished by the State? Vick did Federal time for his crimes. Is there any correlation between the punishment of a crime and the detriment it has to society? There's supposed to be...

Do we know what the precedent for the Rice incident was? Do you think she was antagonizing or "pushing his buttons". Not that either is an excuse for hitting anyone, but sometimes if you push hard enough you get the response intended...

09-12-2014, 01:45 PM
I think criminality of said actions depends on the state where it took place. I believe in Michigan, domestic abuse charges are pressed by the state regardless of the victim's stance. So, if that had happened here Rice would likely be facing charges. I don't know the law for domestic abuse in NJ nor the law in Georgia or wherever Vick was busted.

In my opinion Rice should absolutely do time for his actions.

If he did that to a stranger on the street wouldn't he face assault charges at the minimum; regardless of what the stranger said to him?

Dave128
09-12-2014, 01:47 PM

In my opionion...this. I tend to regard humans a whole bunch more than animals.

markem
09-12-2014, 01:56 PM
Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the perpetrator was a male or female or if the victim was male of female, a crime is a crime and a (putting it very mildly) lapse in behavior is a lapse. For anyone who (for better or worse) is held to a higher standard (and often a higher salary and/or level of influence), such matters do matter a great deal.

In all of this, it seems to me that it is the NFL which is lacking. I do not forgive or in any way condone Rice's actions, but in this case I would expect him to be self-serving. As a result, I do agree with the analysis of John Stewart of The Daily Show in this matter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/daily-show-host-stewart-tackles-goodell-rice-fiasco-article-1.1936383

I am not pushing any political slant for either The Daily Show or Jon Stewart. It is my opinion, in this case, that he speaks for my views and, perhaps, many here.

And finally, I send my thoughts and prayers to the victim who is now his wife. I pray that she never has to have this experience again and that her marriage is all that she hopes for it to be.

shilala
09-12-2014, 02:29 PM
The only thing I can add is that I thought the NFL's stance and subsequent invention of a new stance is deplorable.
They knew full well what happened. Rice got 2 games.
Then the video comes out, and that warrants an indefinate suspension.
So, what exactly does this say? It seems to suggest knocking your wife out is bad, but it's REALLY bad if it gets caught on video.

That's my first thought.
I do have to admit that I thought that his suspension may have been adequate based on the fact that his wife didn't press charges, and I assumed the NFL had to have a lot more information that perhaps somehow mitigated the severity of the crime. (Maybe she had a gun pointed at his head, or something along those lines, I was thinking.)
Once you've seen the video, you can see that he just did it matter-of-factly, and his body language showed no guilt or remorse whatsoever. Just another day in the office for Ray.

I hope he never comes back. It's about time the NFL took the trash out, whether it's going to cost owners a few bucks or not. The number of downright deplorable human beings they're harboring and coddling nowadays is just completely out of control.

jhedrick83
09-12-2014, 02:30 PM
Personally, it doesn't matter to me if the perpetrator was a male or female or if the victim was male of female, a crime is a crime and a (putting it very mildly) lapse in behavior is a lapse. For anyone who (for better or worse) is held to a higher standard (and often a higher salary and/or level of influence), such matters do matter a great deal.

In all of this, it seems to me that it is the NFL which is lacking. I do not forgive or in any way condone Rice's actions, but in this case I would expect him to be self-serving. As a result, I do agree with the analysis of John Stewart of The Daily Show in this matter.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/daily-show-host-stewart-tackles-goodell-rice-fiasco-article-1.1936383

I am not pushing any political slant for either The Daily Show or Jon Stewart. It is my opinion, in this case, that he speaks for my views and, perhaps, many here.

And finally, I send my thoughts and prayers to the victim who is now his wife. I pray that she never has to have this experience again and that her marriage is all that she hopes for it to be.

Couldn't agree more Mark. I think it's a little funked up that Goddell interviewed her about this situation with the abuser right next to her. I mean really!?!

09-12-2014, 02:37 PM
The is evidence that the NFL had taken possession of the video, and at least one person viewed it, way back in April. Goddell is going to lose his job over this, rightfully so.

yourchoice
09-13-2014, 06:41 AM
Curious to see what happens with AP.

click for story (http://houston.cbslocal.com/2014/09/12/exclusive-details-on-adrian-peterson-indictment-charges/)

Story linked gives a lot more info than I read on major sports websites.

pektel
09-13-2014, 08:31 AM
I don't really think there's any type of argument/debate to be had regarding the entire situation.

We all know right and good from wrong and bad. Especially everyone whom I have interacted with here at CA. There is a code of ethics that we seem to all share. Respect, honor, etc....

I, for one, draw the proverbial "line in the sand" at domestic abuse. That is a place that just doesn't exist in my psyche. I honestly cannot comprehend hurting the person who makes my world a better place simply by being a part of it.

Did he get enough punishment? I don't know. There's always 3 sides to every story: what he said, what she said, and what really happened. The dishonor he brought upon himself should be, if he believes in that sort of thing.

themoneycollector
09-13-2014, 11:36 AM
Forget all this discussion....the most important issue hasn't even been touched yet.

So many first round fantasy picks are getting screwed.

the jiggler
09-13-2014, 11:49 AM
Hard for me to reconcile an indefinite suspension for spousal battery with a ten week suspension for intoxication manslaughter (Josh Brent). In what world does it make sense for someone who killed somebody (a teammate to boot) to be reinstated while someone who cold cocks a woman is banned? This thread is not the only thing that needs to have politics kept out of it.

(It should go with out saying, but just to make sure I in no way condone anything about what Rice did.)

ColdCuts
09-13-2014, 12:21 PM
The only thing I can add is that I thought the NFL's stance and subsequent invention of a new stance is deplorable.
They knew full well what happened. Rice got 2 games.
Then the video comes out, and that warrants an indefinate suspension.
So, what exactly does this say? It seems to suggest knocking your wife out is bad, but it's REALLY bad if it gets caught on video.

This. ^