PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions

jeepster
09-09-2014, 11:57 AM
To date I've only smoked a handful of cigars. I've smoked: Perdomo Reserve Champagne, Affinity Gran Toro, Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir, Perdomo 20th Anniversary, and a Rocky Palet Vintage 1999 Connecticut. I didn't find the RP to be a little bitter. It honestly reminded me of those 99 cent White Owl cigars you get at the gas station. I enjoy medium to full bodied cigars, but I don't dislike mild bodied either. I'm just curious as to what y'all smoke that is within the 10-15 dollar range. Or even cheaper!

Porch Dweller
09-09-2014, 12:10 PM
To date I've only smoked a handful of cigars. I've smoked: Perdomo Reserve Champagne, Affinity Gran Toro, Perdomo Reserve Champagne Noir, Perdomo 20th Anniversary, and a Rocky Palet Vintage 1999 Connecticut. I didn't find the RP to be a little bitter. It honestly reminded me of those 99 cent White Owl cigars you get at the gas station. I enjoy medium to full bodied cigars, but I don't dislike mild bodied either. I'm just curious as to what y'all smoke that is within the 10-15 dollar range. Or even cheaper!

With the exception of an occasional Padron 1926, everything I smoke is <$15. I think you'll find that's the case with most folks. If you're looking for suggestions you might want to narrow down your search criteria.

pnoon
09-09-2014, 12:44 PM
I suggest reading this thread.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

And also reading reviews.

That should give you more than enough ideas of sticks to try.

:2

jeepster
09-09-2014, 12:52 PM
I suggest reading this thread.
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=643

And also reading reviews.

That should give you more than enough ideas of sticks to try.

:2

Thanks for the link!! I'll be sure to look through the thread on my way home stuck in traffic :r

shilala
09-09-2014, 01:07 PM
You can't go wrong with Fuente. Try out the any of the Hemingway series.

Dude Here
09-09-2014, 01:58 PM
I really like regular NC Punch. The Rare Corojo is good too, but I like the regular line just a bit better. Best part is you can usually get them for less than $5 a stick.

ApexAZ
09-09-2014, 02:05 PM
I agree with Scott. Fuente is usually where I point new smokers. I still smoke a lot of them myself :).

shilala
09-09-2014, 03:22 PM
I agree with Scott. Fuente is usually where I point new smokers. I still smoke a lot of them myself :).
They'll certainly put a hook in a guy. :)

jeepster
09-09-2014, 04:45 PM
They'll certainly put a hook in a guy. :)

I'm already hooked haha. But I'll for sure give those a try! My normal go to is a Perdomo Reserve Champagne but I'm always willing to try something new!

pattersong
09-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Sigh. ... $12-$15 is really as cheap as you can go in Canada for quality. I'll toss a recommendation your way: Comacho Connecticut. I recently smoked one of those I picked up in New York for $5, and it was very nice. Mild to medium body.

TXSmokey
09-09-2014, 05:56 PM
MUWAT, Man of War, Diesel, Padron 5000 maduro, and Famous Nicaraguan selection.

http://www.famous-smoke.com/

usafvet509
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I really like regular NC Punch. The Rare Corojo is good too, but I like the regular line just a bit better. Best part is you can usually get them for less than $5 a stick.

+1! Punch is damn good for the price. Only one I haven't enjoyed is bareknuckle.
I recommend Hoyo De Monterrey, regular and Prensado Oscuro, La Gloria Cubana and Serie R, E.P. Carrillo E-Stunner, oh and LGC Serie R Esteli!

jjirons69
09-15-2014, 11:15 AM
Ryan, the good thing about cigars is there are tons of variety and it's so cool to shop around. Play the field and see what tickles your fancy. Also be aware tastes change over time, so what you like in Sept of this year might not be in your top 10 next year.

FreakShow
09-15-2014, 07:37 PM
Don't know if you ever venture to the Devil site but Pinar Del Rio is a decent smoke that can be had for $1/ea