PDA

View Full Version : Room 101 Big Payback

badbriar
08-27-2014, 09:40 PM
Quick review on the Chavala 5 x 50 Robusto size by Room 101. First off, the stick I bought at the local B&M for a great price of just $4.05 was impeccably constructed with nearly invisible seams and a well done cap. The Chavala was a little on the soft side, as a lot of reviews have noted, but the burn and draw proved to be excellent throughout the hour long smoke. Pre-light aroma was light and earthy. Cold draw was good with mild cocoa and tobacco notes - great start. Initial flavors were creamy from the get-go. Slightly citrus, floral and cedar with a bit of leather eventually moved to mild cocoa and then leather and a really nice medium tobacco. Overall, a very good cigar that never turned bitter or harsh. This stick remained smooth and creamy to the end. Only one minor touch-up needed, which was my fault for leaving it unattended for some 5 minutes or so. Still, it did not go out! I will keep these stocked for times when doing other things and a flavorful medium body cigar will do. IMHO, recommended! :tu

icehog3
08-27-2014, 11:11 PM
Thanks for the review, Rob. I've been a big fan of Room 101's other blends.

Remo
08-27-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks for the review, Rob. I've been a big fan of Room 101's other blends.

Mmmmmm...Namakubi :tu

icehog3
08-27-2014, 11:21 PM
Mmmmmm...Namakubi :tu

Yup. I like OSOK even better though. :dr