PDA

View Full Version : Shopping on the Devil Site

badbriar
08-22-2014, 09:58 PM
Anyone have advice on best way to handle shipping for purchases?
Never bought there, but after seeing pretty good prices, just may have to pick up some stock.

Dude Here
08-22-2014, 10:07 PM
Shipping is generally $5.95 for boxes and 3.95 for fivers. They're pretty good about lumping all your wins together into just one shipment to cut down on costs. Not worth it for singles though unless you plan to get a whole bunch of them.

Tio Gato
08-23-2014, 02:48 AM
Once weekly shipping is the way to go. Once you start buying you won't be able to stop (unless you have very strong will power). Have fun and buy a huge cooler.

Porch Dweller
08-23-2014, 06:52 AM
:tpd: Mine's set up for shipping on Wednesday so any purchases made throughout the week get mailed out then. And being the cheap bast...I mean frugal guy I am I always try and get at least two wins to make the shipping more cost effective. In other words I'll pay $5.95 for shipping a fiver but would rather pay that same $5.95 for 20 smokes.

When you look there often you'll see that most items up for bid are up there 1-2 times a week. So don't feel that you've GOT to win this bid or you'll never see the item again. I won a box of La Duena #7 about six months ago after losing out on them three straight times. But I had my price I was willing to pay and wouldn't go any higher.

Wharf Rat
08-23-2014, 07:10 AM
I agree that selecting weekly shipping makes sense. But, not if it leads you to make buying mistakes to get one more item into this week's package. I've probably been guilty of this at one time or another!

It's been mentioned often before, but check prices on the related CI site before you bid.

WhiteMamba
08-23-2014, 10:06 AM
I agree with what everyone has said here. I have my shipping set to tuesday so that it will usually get to me by friday and not have to sit somewhere over the weekend. Definitely check what they are going for on CI to be able to compare. Also, be sure to check out cigarauctioneer.com some times they have certain sticks that will go cheaper on there than they do on cbid. On Cigar auctioneer you can also go back and look at history to see what they have went for the last few times. To me that is a very helpful tool. :2

Wharf Rat
08-23-2014, 10:46 AM
There is an independent website that compiles price history for Cbid. I don't really know its origins so, I guess you should use it with caution.

http://sloppymcnubble.com/cbid/

CigarEnvy
08-23-2014, 03:10 PM
A lot depends on when your auction ends and staging your orders to ship all at once. I've won auctions but ended up paying shipping twice because I didn't look at the auction end date. One thing you can adjust anytime is your shipping date to coincide with your winning and just keep pushing your ship date out a few days more. As far as sloppymcnubble goes it's not a source anymore as it hasn't been updated so just know your price at the beginning and lock it in and don't up your bid. Stay strong.