PDA

View Full Version : Cigar Magazines

jsm11
08-19-2014, 12:50 PM
Forgive me, if there is a recent thread. But I could not find one.

If you could please list current Cigar Magazines in print (paper form) which are worth having.

I have subscribed to Cigar Aficionado for quite some time and looking to add another 1 or 2 to the collection.

Appreciate it,
JSM

Zane
08-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Cigar Press is one of my favorites.

2GuysSmokeShop
08-19-2014, 01:29 PM
Cigar Press is a pretty good magazine, but at times it feels like its a Drew Estate, Tatuaje publication then all encompassing.

Cigar Snob was good, but I feel like they are the Maxim of the cigar world.

For me Cigar Journal has become a read lately.

jsm11
08-19-2014, 01:45 PM
Also, frequency of publication, if you could please. Appreciate the replies.

CigarEnvy
08-19-2014, 02:09 PM
I enjoy reading the cigar mags but realize they are paid for by advertisers who push their own agenda so I take them with a grain of salt and try to read the stories rather than be pushed to buy so and so cigar.

Tio Gato
08-20-2014, 04:07 AM
I like to read Smoke Shop magazine. It's available on line for free. It's geared to shop owners but has a great deal of info for us consumers. I think the free issues are older but there worth checking out.

mad4maduro
08-20-2014, 03:58 PM
I still like some of the content of Cigar Aficionado but with all the ads and targeting the upper class, i only get it when i come across a really cheap deal. as far as physical magazines, I have to say that Cigar Press is my current go to

danreeve
08-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the kind words about Cigar Press guys. If you have any advice to make it better we're all ears.

Dan

Frodo
08-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Cigar Journal is the best I've read. I also subscribe to Smoke magazine that is OK but low-cost. Both of these are quarterly.

Brooks W
08-29-2014, 12:07 PM
In the magazine world, Cigar Press is the way to go, the best of all worlds, IMHO.

(Despite the lack of photos of half nude women smoking cigars in random locations.)

AdamJoshua
08-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words about Cigar Press guys. If you have any advice to make it better we're all ears.

Dan

Love the work Dan!

I also read Cigar Aficionado but mainly for the 'celeb' interview, they are really good and more of a solid interview than just what cigar they are smoking.

For online I enjoy Art's stuff as well as Half Wheel.

danreeve
09-04-2014, 10:22 PM
Love the work Dan!

Thanks man, much appreciated.

Dan

danreeve
09-04-2014, 10:23 PM
In the magazine world, Cigar Press is the way to go, the best of all worlds, IMHO.

(Despite the lack of photos of half nude women smoking cigars in random locations.)

We have the internet for naked women right?

Thanks my friend.

Dan

FreakShow
09-15-2014, 06:50 PM
We have the internet for naked women right?

Thanks my friend.

Dan

There are naked women on the internet!? Please tell me more!

themoneycollector
09-15-2014, 11:22 PM

you lost me at lack of half nude women :noon

STEVE S
09-16-2014, 06:45 AM
I think Cigar Press is best.

mosesbotbol
09-16-2014, 09:39 AM
Cigar Clan from Europe is really good. I believe there is a German/Swiss one called Cigar as well. One or two Habanos heavy magazines from Europe I cannot think of including a great one from Russia.

dave
09-16-2014, 10:42 AM
I've gotten a few issues of Cigars and Spirits, though I have no idea why. Must have been a gift...or maybe I used some flyer miles and forgot. Anyway, it is marginally better than CA - to me. Maybe if it gets a little better established it will get better access to industry movers and shakers for interviews. That's where I often get my value from the mags. Thus, Cigar Press is still head and shoulders above the rest.

tchariya
09-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Cigar Snob is eye candy...both women and cigars.