PDA

View Full Version : Final Stages of new (sort of) Humidor Set-up

mrmsav
07-23-2014, 04:19 AM
Figured I should start a new thread as salt test vs. calibration pack is no longer accurate, as I have moved beyond this step.

So After 36 hrs my Xikar digital hygro was reading 72% and 71 degrees in the calibration kit bag. I hit Calibrate and it went to 75% r/h. I have placed in the humidor before I left for work today.

Is there a certain time frame I should wait to get an accurate reading of where my humi is at currently? I removed the cheap floral foam that came with it a few weeks ago, and have had no humidification system in it since. The analog hygro on the humi has been reading about 70% for the last couple weeks. But I do not trust it, just wondering how long I should put the new digital one in for to get an accurate reading of where it is at. I should also mention I live on the east coast fairly close to the water.

Based on where the readings end up will probably determine if I put beads in or the 69% Boveda packs I also bought.

Thanks

mrmsav
07-23-2014, 03:13 PM
At 12 hrs in. Rh is 64%, but temp is 80 F

Zane
07-23-2014, 04:31 PM
:np

mrmsav
07-23-2014, 05:01 PM
:np

Pics are too big
Site wont let me upload them. Plus they are pretty boring, just giving u the info i posted. Lol. Will buy a more pretty humi, and plaster the pics everywhere...lol. just need help/opinions at this point..lol

Zane
07-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Pics are too big
Site wont let me upload them. Plus they are pretty boring, just giving u the info i posted. Lol. Will buy a more pretty humi, and plaster the pics everywhere...lol. just need help/opinions at this point..lol

Make a photobucket account. Upload and link!

Bruzee
07-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Pictures of cigars and humidors are not boring to BOTL's. That's why we are all crazy and committed to this joint. :tu

mrmsav
07-24-2014, 05:25 AM
Pictures of cigars and humidors are not boring to BOTL's. That's why we are all crazy and committed to this joint. :tu

LOL...Point Taken. I will get some pics, and post this evening after work.

Cheers

mrmsav
07-24-2014, 05:10 PM
So this is where I am at so far.

badbriar
07-30-2014, 09:20 PM
If I read this correctly, you have no humidification source in the humi, is that correct? You definitely need to add that. The Boveda packs work pretty well. I have a small overflow 100 - 125 capacity humi and have three of the 69% Boveda packs and it is rock solid at 66-67%. Beads are supposed to work even better, but the Boveda packs may be a lower cost and are available right around the corner for me. Enjoy your humi! BTW... Nice looking start! :tu
RR